ADVERTISEMENT

The Grope Thread

that is the strangest thing i have ever seen on a football field....wonder how clemson fans are gonna spin that....he was trying to recover the ball, i mean ballz

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
He's doing stuff that would draw an unsportmanship call against basically anybody else in the country. Frankly, by all accounts he should be out of the game. Starting with the completely unsolicited "shhhh" motion to the stands after his first TD. The official "talked" to him. Your flag talks, you jerk.

Last edited:
I understand the emotion part, but after he was spoken to the first time, he should have been flagged the second time otherwise don't waste your breath. But we all know that the celebration penalties are an "if you feel like it call". But I'm an old school school guy who hates any celebration that brings attention to any one person (including our players).

He's doing stuff that would draw an unsportmanship call against basically anybody else in the country. Frankly, by all accounts he should be out of the game. Starting with the completely unsolicited "shhhh" motion to the stands after his first TD. The official "talked" to him. Your flag talks, you jerk.

He`s been doing that all year, 76. And all last year too. If it was us doing half of what he does, a flag would be thrown immediately. Now the refs run up to him and say no, no or some crap. It is absurd. Since when did this stuff stop warranting a flag? He should have the same rules as everyone else.

You know, no matter what kind of success Clemmons has, they inevitably do something like this to remind the world that they are, in fact, still Clemmons.

They all could take a lesson from Johnny Unitas and the QBs of old - a lesson in being humble. If they showboated, look out the next play - and no rules to protect you like there are now. Same in baseball. Strut too much and the next fastball would be in your ear. I long for those days.

They all could take a lesson from Johnny Unitas and the QBs of old - a lesson in being humble. If they showboated, look out the next play - and no rules to protect you like there are now. Same in baseball. Strut too much and the next fastball would be in your ear. I long for those days.
Yep. Doing a bat flip while staring down a pitcher who throws in the upper 90's is not a wise thing to do.

I want to see Clemson lose as much as the next Gamecock...and I understand it's normal for their rival...us...not to like the best player they have ever had. But this stuff y'all are nitpicking about is reaching guys.
No ... it is not nitpicking. Coaches can and should control their players as far as showboating and celebrations are concerned. Swearinger or Taneyhill would have been benched until they understood what was not acceptable if I were their coach here. Playing aggressively with intensity is one thing- showboating to bring attention to yourself after a play is entirely different. If coaches ignore or encourage celebrations and taunting, with no respect whatsoever for good sportsmanship, then you have Jimmy Johnson's Miami thugs! Yes, they were very talented, but almost universally despised for their dirty play and classless antics on and off the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT