ADVERTISEMENT

This is obviously a long rebuild , here’s my biggest concern

BobbyBReloaded1975

Oct 26, 2019
First off Shane stepped into a s$&tstorm . 4 years of Muschamp is enough to destroy any program . Here’s my biggest concern . Obviously recruiting is paramount especially at the skill positions . We obviously need playmakers everywhere . Thru 3 games we are just BORING . I realize our Swiss cheese OL doesn’t help but I would rather watch paint dry . Our offense makes Kurt Roper look like Lincoln Riley . It’s just boring . How are we supposed to recruit elite playmakers when we are so vanilla on offense . No elite WR or QB wants to come here if we can’t put up 10 offensive points against ECU . This pains me deeply but …. Mike Bobo did a pretty good job with pretty much the same OL , RBs and a 40 year old QB with two bad knees .. We ran the ball effectively all year . Something is just not clicking and if it doesn’t get fixed it’s definitely gonna hurt recruiting . I like Shane and his enthusiasm but right now what can we sale to recruits other than playing time ??

Coordinator hires are critical. South Carolina is on its 4th OC since 2016, and all 4 had different philosophies, with some minimal overlap in concepts. There has to be consistency from year to year, both to allow returning players to build on what they’ve learned and to add new players who fit the system. Beamer is a process oriented, culture building coach, but he’s going to need to match his broad ideas with coordinators who can bring them to life.

Beamer can be that cult of personality HC who recruits above and beyond his coordinators, but he still needs them to be competent and capable.

First off Shane stepped into a s$&tstorm . 4 years of Muschamp is enough to destroy any program . Here’s my biggest concern . Obviously recruiting is paramount especially at the skill positions . We obviously need playmakers everywhere . Thru 3 games we are just BORING . I realize our Swiss cheese OL doesn’t help but I would rather watch paint dry . Our offense makes Kurt Roper look like Lincoln Riley . It’s just boring . How are we supposed to recruit elite playmakers when we are so vanilla on offense . No elite WR or QB wants to come here if we can’t put up 10 offensive points against ECU . This pains me deeply but …. Mike Bobo did a pretty good job with pretty much the same OL , RBs and a 40 year old QB with two bad knees .. We ran the ball effectively all year . Something is just not clicking and if it doesn’t get fixed it’s definitely gonna hurt recruiting . I like Shane and his enthusiasm but right now what can we sale to recruits other than playing time ??
As much as I disliked Bozo for his unwavering loyalty to Colorado State transfers, he did create run gaps that just don’t exist this year.

We stink at every skill position not named Josh Vann. My biggest criticism is how is the RB that won the ECU game not given one carry this week? Juju seemed to find gaps to hit even in our weak offensive line.

Clemron didn't exactly light it up against the Dawgs. Lets see what happens against Kensucky.

Oh I agree . This UGA defense might be one of the best defenses in the last 20 years . My concern is if we didn’t struggle so much offensively in the first two games I would just chalk this up to UGA just being a fantastic defense . 10 offensive points against a REALLY bad ECU team is concerning . Even against the high school team we opened up against we struggled to run the ball and protect . Something is just off . This is essentially the same OL and RB unit that did some pretty good things last year under Bobo

It is simple. You have to have the players to run that kind of offense. We don't. Hopefully, Beamer will recruit them. It really is that simple.

It is simple. You have to have the players to run that kind of offense. We don't. Hopefully, Beamer will recruit them. It really is that simple.

I totally agree . My concern is how can Shane recruit those type of players when we have nothing to sell them . Perfect example is Ole Miss . They were barely .500 last year but they were explosive and fun to watch and now they are a destination for skill players . The same way skill players flock to Oklahoma and now Bama because they know the system will allow them to shine . If I’m a 5 star QB or WR I’m not even returning a phone call from Shane Beamer based on the first 3 games offensively . Shane has an up hill battle on the recruiting trail . Let’s be honest when Bobo dipped and Marcus Satterfield was hired 90% of us responded ..,, Who ?!? Not to say he won’t be a great OC but the last 3 games kinda looks like the last 10 Muschamp OC’s .

I totally agree . My concern is how can Shane recruit those type of players when we have nothing to sell them . Perfect example is Ole Miss . They were barely .500 last year but they were explosive and fun to watch and now they are a destination for skill players . The same way skill players flock to Oklahoma and now Bama because they know the system will allow them to shine . If I’m a 5 star QB or WR I’m not even returning a phone call from Shane Beamer based on the first 3 games offensively . Shane has an up hill battle on the recruiting trail . Let’s be honest when Bobo dipped and Marcus Satterfield was hired 90% of us responded ..,, Who ?!? Not to say he won’t be a great OC but the last 3 games kinda looks like the last 10 Muschamp OC’s .

In any current comparison to our program, when you bring up Oklahoma and Alabama, you lose me.

While that may be true if you don’t have the players you have to adapt to what you have. Through three games I’m not sure Satterfield’s issue is lack of players. Much like Roper he may have learned under and offensive guru but that doesn’t make you one yourself.

We will see as the season progresses how much of the offense was hampered by the decision to start the FBS benchwarmer and how much is just poor play calling.

Reactions: cadcock
I share some of the above concerns, as well. It’s early and this is obviously a rebuild that may take a few years. It took Spurrier 4-5 before we started winning 10+ games a season.

I’m a bit confused at the offense. I think we have to chalk this up to a poor offensive line, but the scheme so far has looked pretty vanilla. Where are the rollouts, the misdirection, the screens, the trick plays? We really haven’t seen anything inventive. We aren’t using two back sets to feature Kevin Harris and Marshawn Lloyd. These guys are playmakers. Where are they? You find a way to get the ball to your best players and we have not done that.

I do think we need to be patient. The biggest thing is seeing some level of improvement and development week by week. We didn’t see that with Muschamp’s teams, which was a clear indicator things weren’t moving in the right direction. Weekly and yearly improvement is key for us. Let’s give it time.

We don’t have the players. That’s why we needed the big name hire. We didn’t go that route so we gonna have to coach up lesser talent. We need great coaches
Because Napier and Chadwell have bigger names than Beamer. I know what you mean.

Reactions: 92Pony
The talent gap last night was glaring. UGA's front 7 was too much to handle. The only way to offset that even a little, is to be very creative/innovative on offense. Our inside zone run scheme is bland, predictable, and nauseating. Kurt Roper Jr. You can use the Inside Zone as your base. But you need a lot of variation with it. Jet sweep, jet sweep fakes, counters, quick outside tosses with blockers sealing the edge, misdirection, all of that setting up short play action passing utilizing a good dose of rubs and picks. Watch Cincinnati's offense. Watch Dan Mullen's offense at Florida. Imagination. Good play design. Once again, we don't have it.

The talent gap last night was glaring. UGA's front 7 was too much to handle. The only way to offset that even a little, is to be very creative/innovative on offense. Our inside zone run scheme is bland, predictable, and nauseating. Kurt Roper Jr. You can use the Inside Zone as your base. But you need a lot of variation with it. Jet sweep, jet sweep fakes, counters, quick outside tosses with blockers sealing the edge, misdirection, all of that setting up short play action passing utilizing a good dose of rubs and picks. Watch Cincinnati's offense. Watch Dan Mullen's offense at Florida. Imagination. Good play design. Once again, we don't have it.
Easier said than done.

Hiring your buddy seldom goes well.

Apparently Beamer didn’t take notes while he was Assistant Head Coach of getting coffee during O meetings.

The offense and our approach is no better than it was under Roper or BMAC.

The oline is as bad as it’s ever been.

I love the lamentations over our talent. Every village idiot on here pumped up our recruiting classes under Chump sans the last one.

In reality, they were bottom tier in the SEC.

LOL at the “stars don’t matter”, “player is under rated”, “if a good school wanted him he’d be ranked higher”, “it’s not about talent but want to”, “coaches want him so that’s good enough for me”, “camp eval”, “look at his HUDL tape”….

Bleat, bleat, bleat.

Our current recruiting class is also bottom tier.

Average coaches plus average players equal the perpetual mediocrity that is UofSC.

Hiring your buddy seldom goes well.

Apparently Beamer didn’t take notes while he was Assistant Head Coach of getting coffee during O meetings.

The offense and our approach is no better than it was under Roper or BMAC.

The oline is as bad as it’s ever been.

I love the lamentations over our talent. Every village idiot on here pumped up our recruiting classes under Chump sans the last one.

In reality, they were bottom tier in the SEC.

LOL at the “stars don’t matter”, “player is under rated”, “if a good school wanted him he’d be ranked higher”, “it’s not about talent but want to”, “coaches want him so that’s good enough for me”, “camp eval”, “look at his HUDL tape”….

Bleat, bleat, bleat.

Our current recruiting class is also bottom tier.

Average coaches plus average players equal the perpetual mediocrity that is UofSC.
Some of that can be true if you have coaches and coordinators that can make up those differences. Right now on offense especially it does not seem as though that is there.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Some of that can be true if you have coaches and coordinators that can make up those differences. Right now on offense especially it does not seem as though that is there.

Sure.

Coaching matters.

Spurrier, when engaged and actually calling plays, was a difference maker.

We don’t have a difference maker on this staff.

You could say we do on Special Teams. That would be fair and you can see it.

We most certainly don’t on offense.

The OC was a bad choice. Maybe he struck out on his top choices and went with comfortable.

They still have KY, MZ and UcheaT. Maybe we’ll see more inspired and creative play.

Doty is back so that excuse is gone.

Coach better. Recruit better. Or, next AD gets a chance.

Ohio State's head coach perceived that he had a deficit in DC performance. This is how he handled it. https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-kerry-coombs-called-defensive-plays-vs-tulsa

Since the season has started, Beamer might have to take the same approach to our offensive side, particularly the O-line coach.

How he handles weakness, failure and bad decisions will be as big a factor in his future as anything else.

If he pulls a Muschamp, we all knows how the story ends.

Accountability matters. And, not just with players.

Oh I agree . This UGA defense might be one of the best defenses in the last 20 years . My concern is if we didn’t struggle so much offensively in the first two games I would just chalk this up to UGA just being a fantastic defense . 10 offensive points against a REALLY bad ECU team is concerning . Even against the high school team we opened up against we struggled to run the ball and protect . Something is just off . This is essentially the same OL and RB unit that did some pretty good things last year under Bobo
That happens when your starting QB had two weeks of practice…

Honestly, I’m more concerned about bringing in 4/5 star offensive linemen. Or a an oline coach for what we have. I don’t have any answers, but it’s obvious to all that there is a disconnect somewhere as to who is blocking who. Give the dawgs their credit; they have a heck of a defense. But I saw offensive linemen last night that had no idea what the cornbread hell they were doing. Is it that hard for our guys? Honest question . The running backs on this team should have posterized the directional schools the first two games, and should have had more than 80 yards rushing last night.
In regards to the recruiting pitch, it’s the same as most years here. You sell the opportunity for early playing time.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
While that may be true if you don’t have the players you have to adapt to what you have. Through three games I’m not sure Satterfield’s issue is lack of players. Much like Roper he may have learned under and offensive guru but that doesn’t make you one yourself.

We will see as the season progresses how much of the offense was hampered by the decision to start the FBS benchwarmer and how much is just poor play calling.

In my opinion, it is WAY too early to start questioning the call of the new coaching staff on who is best for us to start. The guy they wanted as QB1 was hurt.

Reactions: hillstosea
How does bad pass blocking mean that our receivers are not good? Does this mean our bad run blocking means our running backs are not good? Asking for a freind.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT