ADVERTISEMENT

THIS IS the scary part...

Maybe, just maybe, this (OP) will be the 'wake up' call to our deep pocket boosters and the BOT that we can't sit on our asses and wait for success to fall in our laps. We're going to have to organize and work at it constantly.

Our BOT wont pay this, you see the results. Tigers have pefected hidden money through and private schools. They also have graduates that work for the NCAA.

Our BOT wont pay this, you see the results. Tigers have pefected hidden money through and private schools. They also have graduates that work for the NCAA.
Didnt their president or athletic directors sit on the playoff board last year also? Bad thing is we have more money and resources than they do! Too many of our fans can't see the truth right under their nose... In Pickens they make "best is the standard" around here no one knows what are standards are and our BOT seems content we are football training dummies for others as long as it looks like we're trying. I'm tired of being the dummy. We can do better!!!

Didnt their president or athletic directors sit on the playoff board last year also? Bad thing is we have more money and resources than they do! Too many of our fans can't see the truth right under their nose... In Pickens they make "best is the standard" around here no one knows what are standards are and our BOT seems content we are football training dummies for others as long as it looks like we're trying. I'm tired of being the dummy. We can do better!!!
BOT is the key. They will pay for as much as they can afford.

Reactions: idohvac2
Maybe, just maybe, this (OP) will be the 'wake up' call to our deep pocket boosters and the BOT that we can't sit on our asses and wait for success to fall in our laps. We're going to have to organize and work at it constantly.

If this is the case then this quote sums it up best
"I never knew whether to pity or congratulate a man on coming to his senses."
William Makepeace Thackeray

Gamecock football started on Christmas eve in Charleston 1892 against Furman. That was the first game. We got our first win in year 3 on November 2, 1895. Beat Clemson for the first time in 1896 in which case they went on a run and won the next 7 in a row....It may just be me, but that's a long damn time to be getting start3d on winning a championship. I think our battery maybe be dead
Every fan of every D1 school wants their school to have a top-10 team. But USC fans seem to expect such success without good reason. Having a 80k seating capacity and being in the SEC does not automatically qualify one for such success. And USC does not, otherwise possess the “it” persona that is possessed by some its Southernneighbors, such as UVa, UNC, UGA amd UF, who have more national recognition, and even appeal. Of these universities, only UVA and UNC have more tempered expectations, even though their prospects for success are just as viable as those for USC.

Reactions: ArniePalmies
Every fan of every D1 school wants their school to have a top-10 team. But USC fans seem to expect such success without good reason. Having a 80k seating capacity and being in the SEC does not automatically qualify one for such success. And USC does not, otherwise possess the “it” persona that is possessed by some its Southernneighbors, such as UVa, UNC, UGA amd UF, who have more national recognition, and even appeal. Of these universities, only UVA and UNC have more tempered expectations, even though their prospects for success are just as viable as those for USC.

Have you ever visited UF? The "it" factor starts with a "sh". They succeeded because of Spurrier, Meyer, and the hotbed of recruiting they happen to be in the middle of. UGA...chronic underachievers based on the level of talent they have had for decades. Just because they bumped the level of student with the Hope scholarship, does not mean that it changed the level of education there. More drugs than a Walgreen's distribution center.

I lived in Hooville for 5 years and have 2 degrees...the prospects for success in football are not at the level of UNC or USC. Although, you could argue that UVA is much better than we are based on the last meeting. Of course, UVA is a basketball school now, and always has been.

UNC football will forever be handcuffed by basketball. The odds of USC pulling 4 stars out of NC versus the opposite are high in USC's favor. That should say something.

I do enjoy your perspective, coming from a UNC fan. I suspect you will be in Charlotte for the game?

Reactions: idohvac2
How can the gap between our 2 instate schools be this big?!?! It has to be a total lack of leadership and complete incompetence of all the decision makers. It is a total joke. Once it was 5 wins in a row. Now it's gonna turn into 10 in a row and shirts saying fear the pecker!

I hope this is a wake up call. Getting worked by a team from a damn farm pasture. Pathetic!
After 3 in a row they resorted to,pay for play like they did in the late 70s and early 80s. After 4 and 5 in a row more buying players. Now they don't have to do it anymore after winning two NC s. For the folks that honestly think they aren't cheating again it's laughable. If you really wanted to do something engage in talk that calls out the NCAA to stop ignoring the cheating. Hard to believe FSU, UNC, Virginia Tech, Miami etc administration haven't bitched about it to the NCAA.

After 3 in a row they resorted to,pay for play like they did in the late 70s and early 80s. After 4 and 5 in a row more buying players. Now they don't have to do it anymore after winning two NC s. For the folks that honestly think they aren't cheating again it's laughable. If you really wanted to do something engage in talk that calls out the NCAA to stop ignoring the cheating. Hard to believe FSU, UNC, Virginia Tech, Miami etc administration haven't bitched about it to the NCAA.

No truer words have been spoken. This is it!

You can't be serious. That type of post is what makes people pity us. Let's just man up and state the obvious: they hit the college FB lottery with Dablow.
We just have to accept that. The trash we're throwing at them says more about us than them. If we keep pushing the 'church is buying players' crap we will never be taken seriously! No wonder people laugh at us! Please see my previous post about what we need to do to compete in state and the SEC. I think it makes sense. I've been on many boards and I've never seen anything approaching the voodoo/ hyperbolic off the wall crappola we post here. Sorry for the scolding, but we're focusing on the wrong things right now. Screw the taters, let's work on OUR problems. Trashing them does nothing to improve our FB team, zero!

giphy.gif

Have you ever visited UF? The "it" factor starts with a "sh". They succeeded because of Spurrier, Meyer, and the hotbed of recruiting they happen to be in the middle of. UGA...chronic underachievers based on the level of talent they have had for decades. Just because they bumped the level of student with the Hope scholarship, does not mean that it changed the level of education there. More drugs than a Walgreen's distribution center.

I lived in Hooville for 5 years and have 2 degrees...the prospects for success in football are not at the level of UNC or USC. Although, you could argue that UVA is much better than we are based on the last meeting. Of course, UVA is a basketball school now, and always has been.

UNC football will forever be handcuffed by basketball. The odds of USC pulling 4 stars out of NC versus the opposite are high in USC's favor. That should say something.

I do enjoy your perspective, coming from a UNC fan. I suspect you will be in Charlotte for the game?
Indeed I will. Hope you’ll be there as well. Bug Howard was a pretty good 4-star player from SC. I might be wrong, but I believe the number of 4-stars in any given year in NC exceeds those from SC. That could explain why you might be right. I believe UNC is ahead of USC In 2020 recruiting rankings.

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

This ACC fan believes Clemson gets the best athletes because they have a great all-round coach, they win, theyhave superior facilities, they have cool uniforms, Clemson is a fun town/school, it has curb appeal. If they cheat, they probably cheat in same manner as other universities. Probably through their booster organization.

Let me reiterate, he ain't that good! I'm sure you tiggers are wanting to believe he'll lead you to glory this year but your little run is over now. Congrats on your two recent nattys, maybe you'll get another one in 35+ more years, but lets see how good fabia (fabio is actually a man) really is without that defense to take the pressure off and cover those mistakes (see the A&M game). If your team even sniffs the playoffs in 2020, like I sniff serious tigger pooh all over your posts, I'll personally apologize to you and your friends in tiggertown by bringing a gift of free sheep to save on grass cutting at the stadium. Oh, and feel free to save this post, since I'm sure you will. Check back in with me in late December, we'll compare notes then.

Lol this is why people get made fun of for wearing garnet glasses. Can't even call a spade a spade...all's I gotta say is we better hope Hillinski can play like fabio

Let me reiterate, he ain't that good! I'm sure you tiggers are wanting to believe he'll lead you to glory this year but your little run is over now. Congrats on your two recent nattys, maybe you'll get another one in 35+ more years, but lets see how good fabia (fabio is actually a man) really is without that defense to take the pressure off and cover those mistakes (see the A&M game). If your team even sniffs the playoffs in 2020, like I sniff serious tigger pooh all over your posts, I'll personally apologize to you and your friends in tiggertown by bringing a gift of free sheep to save on grass cutting at the stadium. Oh, and feel free to save this post, since I'm sure you will. Check back in with me in late December, we'll compare notes then.
Weak post is weak.

Reactions: ChickenH8R
I'm no expert. But these guys are, https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...bama-Oklahoma-Georgia-131124138/#131124138_13 and I'm certain that their opinion is more valued than that of someone who says, "get back to me next year." And, when they are "gotten back to" as instructed - this expert's response is, "check back with me in late December..." Is it that difficult to admit you were wrong? You were literally wrong. You said, "he won't beat out Bryant. Rest assured."

Apologies are in order for the delay in answering the critiques of my latest post. Just wanted to allow a few more of my friends to respond in righteous indignation. I would like to convey a very sincere and heartfelt thanks to the tigger fans not so cleverly posing as Gamecocks on this board. You know who you are, and now a lot of other folks do too. Your covey has been flushed .... actually twice, I might add!

Reactions: ChickenH8R
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT