ADVERTISEMENT

Time to turn this thing around again...game thread.*

Yep. No shut down closer at all.
So every game will be tough to win in late innings
Ugh
I just do t see us scoring 3 or more on 9 th
So yes this one looks done

Reactions: cockofdawn
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result which = Bridges - piss poor coaching decision to even put him in

Not defending Bridges, but what would you have done? Our 2 best relievers weren't available. As I said yesterday, our issue right now is depth due to all the front end guys being out.

Reactions: rogue cock
And promptly gave up the tying run - ahead in the count 1-2 and lobs it right up the middle - granted not a hard hit ball but it shouldn’t have been anywhere in the vicinity of where the batter could make good contact - just plain stupid pitching ahead in the count.

Not defending Bridges, but what would you have done? Our 2 best relievers weren't available. As I said yesterday, our issue right now is depth due to all the front end guys being out.
Anyone but Bridges

All I know is that we went up by one in the top of the 8th 3-2 and the freaking bullpen gives up a 4 spot in the bottom of the 8th - done its several times this year- get the lead in the late innings and the bullpen immediately gives it up - something has to change

Reactions: cockofdawn
This team is NOT good!! Will they get better?? Lord lets hope so. Hard to watch right now. Thank goodness for Kentucky, UK is Keeping USC out of the Cellar.. in BASEBALL.... WOW, never thought that would happen again..

All I know is that we went up by one in the top of the 8th 3-2 and the freaking bullpen gives up a 4 spot in the bottom of the 8th - done its several times this year- get the lead in the late innings and the bullpen immediately gives it up - something has to change
When you figure out how to recruit players during the year to add depth to the pitching staff, which has been devastated by injury. let everyone know. We now have pitchers pitching in situations that we nor they thought they'd be pitching in. Relievers have been required to become starters and arms we weren't expected to have to rely on this year are now pitching key innings. We'd all be interested in hearing your solution.

When you figure out how to recruit players during the year to add depth to the pitching staff, which has been devastated by injury. let everyone know. We now have pitchers pitching in situations that we nor they thought they'd be pitching in. Relievers have been required to become starters and arms we weren't expected to have to rely on this year are now pitching key innings. We'd all be interested in hearing your solution.

Hell, it ain"t all pitching!! The Vols beat us 6-3 with only 7 singles while we had 3 doubles and 4 singles. They know how to play station to station and we haven't accomplished much in that respect. Kingston & Co. need to do a better job with that.

Strikeouts are absolutely killing us. In 2 SEC series we have SO 70 times to only 45 for Ga. & UT. I won"t name them, but 4 of our guys who play pretty regular have SO 34 times in 60 AB. Those 4 have produced 8 RBIs on primarily 5 HR. We sure love solo shots. At the present time we have 8 or 9 guys hitting .192 or less in conference play and most of them are starters. Our league BA is .201 compared to our opponents .286.

Something better change quickly!!

Right now, we can't hit, can't pitch and have fielding issues.

I'm stocking up on Crown Royal.
hey look at the bright side...........

UMM....... Nevermind..

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT