ADVERTISEMENT

UCF best team in the state of Florida?

I’m still taking Florida in a regular season game with a full coaching staff. Not shocked at all UCF won that one. It was their Super Bowl against a 6-6 team that I’m sure is just happy their nightmare season is over with.

But definitely a down year, and a few down years for the state of Florida. I think the state of Florida has a bunch of great athletes and not as many great football players as there have been in the past.

I don’t get it…this is the SEC, not the sissy boy big10 or the PETA pac12. Texas A&M quits. Missouri loses to army….I do support the troops. Then Florida loses to Disney world U?

welp, I guess it’s time for Coach Beamer and the boys to show the world what real SEC football is all about and slap around the best team from that basketball conference.

Good Gracious!

Pretty exciting time for UCF fans right now I would imagine. Joining the Big 12 and having a realistic chance of winning a Power 5 conference title. Nine win season with a win over UF capping it off. Yeah if I'm a UCF fan, life is good.

Last edited:
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I don’t get it…this is the SEC, not the sissy boy big10 or the PETA pac12. Texas A&M quits. Missouri loses to army….I do support the troops. Then Florida loses to Disney world U?

welp, I guess it’s time for Coach Beamer and the boys to show the world what real SEC football is all about and slap around the best team from that basketball conference.

Good Gracious!
A lot of the players in the SEC heads and hearts are not in the bowl game. They been told they need to not get hurt because they gonna make all this money in the NFL.
Bowser had over 150 td rushing. If he was a Gator he wouldn’t have played risking re injury I bet. If Bowser played for us I know he wouldn’t have played

Last edited:
A lot of the players in the SEC heads and hearts are not in the bowl game. They been told they need to not get hurt because they gonna make all this money in the NFL.
Bowser had over 150 td rushing. If he was a Gator he wouldn’t have played risking re injury I bet. If Bowser played for us I know he wouldn’t have played
Bowser who is a senior made the decision to play in his last game, which most on here would applaud.
I truly hope you are not using this as an excuse for a bad UF - SEC team because they lost their bowl game.
UF was bad regardless of conference affiliation.
BTW; I could not be happier that only UF lost, but lost to a non P5 team, and lost to a team that they feel is beneath them.
Couldn't happen to better bunch.

Reactions: rogue cock
Actually, UCF is probably the best college football team in the state of FL. That is not a fluke. And, moving to a P5 conference and Gus Malzhan as their coach will only help with recruiting in FL. It will be interesting to see what Miami becomes with their new coach, but most kids aren’t impressed with UF or FSU anymore. UCF excites them.

And for all, UF is no longer the Spurrier or Meyer UF teams. They are pretty pedestrian. I don‘t know why we think they are so great. Napier won’t make them relevant overnight either. For the next number of years, UF will be 4th to 6th place in the SEC East. Don’t rest on UF (not that we can rest on anyone), but they aren’t some big beast in East. That beast is UGA and everyone else is a very distant second.

Actually, UCF is probably the best college football team in the state of FL. That is not a fluke. And, moving to a P5 conference and Gus Malzhan as their coach will only help with recruiting in FL. It will be interesting to see what Miami becomes with their new coach, but most kids aren’t impressed with UF or FSU anymore. UCF excites them.

And for all, UF is no longer the Spurrier or Meyer UF teams. They are pretty pedestrian. I don‘t know why we think they are so great. Napier won’t make them relevant overnight either. For the next number of years, UF will be 4th to 6th place in the SEC East. Don’t rest on UF (not that we can rest on anyone), but they aren’t some big beast in East. That beast is UGA and everyone else is a very distant second.
UF did just win the East last season. This year they started strong and it all fell apart. Don’t kid yourself, they still have good players. They’ll be a much better team next season. This season, as much as I hate it, isn’t the norm and was likely a fluke. They’ll play hard for Napier for the first 2 years. After that, it’ll depend on how well he recruits, especially at the QB position which is where Mullen failed miserably.

Not many players are going to choose UCF over Florida or FSU. FSU had the #12 class in the country according to Rivals. Florida was lower, but that was expected with uncertainty within the coaching staff with the early signing day. UCF won last night but they aren’t even the team they were 2-3 years ago. They almost lost to USF on a goal line stand.

UCF obviously had the edge last night. They had something to prove. We’ve seen this over and over again. Florida started Emory Jones at QB…a guy that’s already entered the portal. They have a coaching staff that was out the door as of last night. It’s a huge day for UCF, but don’t put too much stock into what you saw from UF last night, or even the last few games of the season. They quit on their coaches and it was evident.

Good Gracious!
UF got blown out by us. How many points did we get against clemzon again? Florida's a very bad team that had really given up by midseason.

UF did just win the East last season. This year they started strong and it all fell apart. Don’t kid yourself, they still have good players. They’ll be a much better team next season. This season, as much as I hate it, isn’t the norm and was likely a fluke. They’ll play hard for Napier for the first 2 years. After that, it’ll depend on how well he recruits, especially at the QB position which is where Mullen failed miserably.

Not many players are going to choose UCF over Florida or FSU. FSU had the #12 class in the country according to Rivals. Florida was lower, but that was expected with uncertainty within the coaching staff with the early signing day. UCF won last night but they aren’t even the team they were 2-3 years ago. They almost lost to USF on a goal line stand.

UCF obviously had the edge last night. They had something to prove. We’ve seen this over and over again. Florida started Emory Jones at QB…a guy that’s already entered the portal. They have a coaching staff that was out the door as of last night. It’s a huge day for UCF, but don’t put too much stock into what you saw from UF last night, or even the last few games of the season. They quit on their coaches and it was evident.
I worry much more about TN and KY than UF. FSU is a train wreck and will be for a few years. UF was loaded last year. They don’t and won’t have that level of talent for a few years.. If UF and FSU rest on UCF (and UM), they do so at theif own peril.

I worry much more about TN and KY than UF. FSU is a train wreck and will be for a few years. UF was loaded last year. They don’t and won’t have that level of talent for a few years.. If UF and FSU rest on UCF (and UM), they do so at theif own peril.
I’m sorry but you are crazy if this is the case. UT hasn’t beaten UF in years. Kentucky finally beats them twice in about 35 years. Neither of these teams have been threats to win the East in 15 years…Kentucky has never been a threat to win the East. Florida literally just won it last year.

Florida will be a different team next year. I hate it, but it’s true. Is was only just 2 months ago that they hung tough with Alabama early and everyone felt like they were really good. They just imploded after that LSU game. They never recovered. It’s hard to explain…but they clearly were a different team. Their guys weren’t playing for that staff.

Reactions: Lurker123
I’m sorry but you are crazy if this is the case. UT hasn’t beaten UF in years. Kentucky finally beats them twice in about 35 years. Neither of these teams have been threats to win the East in 15 years…Kentucky has never been a threat to win the East. Florida literally just won it last year.

Florida will be a different team next year. I hate it, but it’s true. Is was only just 2 months ago that they hung tough with Alabama early and everyone felt like they were really good. They just imploded after that LSU game. They never recovered. It’s hard to explain…but they clearly were a different team. Their guys weren’t playing for that staff.
I live in FL and know many “Bull Gators.” They don’t have the same confidence as you. I’m happy to watch their disarray.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I live in FL and know many “Bull Gators.” They don’t have the same confidence as you. I’m happy to watch their disarray.
And THAT's who Florida's future success will rely on. Do they like the coach enough to give him the time to do what's necessary or will they expect immediate results. Napier or any other coach could be doomed at the start or could be very successful. Have a feeling that Mullen's personality didn't help him at all with that group...nor with others in the administration.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT