ADVERTISEMENT

Updated recruiting rankings: Gamecocks in CFP contention!

GarnetBeamer

Dec 7, 2020
In the latest 247 rankings, we come in at #37, a mere 5 spots behind CFP mainstay Clemson. This puts us squarely in CFP contention!!!

(that's how this class comparison thing works, right?)

Hmmm, this does not seem to be as grabby as the topic of us previously being tied with Coastal.

Hmmm, this does not seem to be as grabby as the topic of us previously being tied with Coastal.
Because there is a realistic chance we finish similar to recruiting as coastal.

There is zero chance we finish near Clemson. It’s so outlandish it’s a clear troll thread.

Yea let's follow the trajectory of ours versus the taters recruiting, this is as CLOSE as it will be and we won't finish anywhere close to them, it is what it is.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Right because 2-8 teams constantly compete in recruiting rankings to playoff teams. Good grief.
And it doesn't change what is and will continue to happen, they will outrecruit us every single year that Dabo is there. We could go 8-4 this year (we won't) and still not attract recruits nationally like they do. It has nothing to do with last year's record.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
And it doesn't change what is and will continue to happen, they will outrecruit us every single year that Dabo is there. We could go 8-4 this year (we won't) and still not attract recruits nationally like they do. It has nothing to do with last year's record.
We out-recruited them the first time Beamer was here. We can do it again.

We out-recruited them the first time Beamer was here. We can do it again.
Haha, we had a legend in the sport as the head man back then. In case you are blind, now the taters have a HOF coach leading them. As much as I hate those bastards it ain't gonna happen while he stays there. If you think this is the same Clemson today than it was when Beamer was on staff here, well I don't know what to tell ya.

Yawn. No surprise. House taters like the Cocks.
No it's funny though, not admitting something doesn't make it true. We have never been this far apart from them and it sucks.

I'm tired of the energy expended to hope that "next year" was our year. Now I'll wait for us to prove it on the field without investing so much time and money hoping this "is it".

Recruiting rankings mean absolutely nothing in June.
Correct! If we win some games recruiting will get a boost. All we can hope for now is to get our foot in the door and hope we can imoress with facilities and the culture of the new staff.. It will still take improvement on the field of play to sway especially some of the bigger names to pick us.

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
Haha, we had a legend in the sport as the head man back then. In case you are blind, now the taters have a HOF coach leading them. As much as I hate those bastards it ain't gonna happen while he stays there. If you think this is the same Clemson today than it was when Beamer was on staff here, well I don't know what to tell ya.
Never said it was.

You think we will finish near clemson in recruiting?

We'll finish a heck of a lot closer to them than Coastal.

15 days ago, you believed it was realistic that we'd finish near Coastal in the rankings. We are now 29 spots ahead of them, and the gap is only going to get larger.

Do you still stand by your statement that there's a realistic chance we'll finish similar to Coastal in the recruiting rankings?

In the latest 247 rankings, we come in at #37, a mere 5 spots behind CFP mainstay Clemson. This puts us squarely in CFP contention!!!

(that's how this class comparison thing works, right?)
I have it on good authority that we should care what's happening now, as opposed to when everyone signs, so yeah, that puts us in contention.

15 days ago, you believed it was realistic that we'd finish near Coastal in the rankings. We are now 29 spots ahead of them, and the gap is only going to get larger.

Do you still stand by your statement that there's a realistic chance we'll finish similar to Coastal in the recruiting rankings?
Well uscwatson21, answer the man's question.

Would you like to reconsider this statement?
Congrats, we will beat Coastal in recruiting. Sad thing is our main rival will wax us again in recruiting and like I said the other day, this win streak they are in against us will be the greatest in our rivalry stretching over 100 years. What do you see right now that will stop them from winning 10-12 years in a row?

Sorry that you misunderstood my comment. I still say it’s more realistic that we finish similar to Coastal than we finish similar to Clemson.

Sorry that you misunderstood my comment. I still say it’s more realistic that we finish similar to Coastal than we finish similar to Clemson.

So do you think we're gonna drop 30+ spots in the final rankings or that Coastal will move up 30+ spots with a top 25 class?

Congrats, we will beat Coastal in recruiting. Sad thing is our main rival will wax us again in recruiting and like I said the other day, this win streak they are in against us will be the greatest in our rivalry stretching over 100 years. What do you see right now that will stop them from winning 10-12 years in a row?
Call me crazy but I think we give them all they want this November, not predicting an upset yet but we shall see!

So do you think we're gonna drop 30+ spots in the final rankings or that Coastal will move up 30+ spots with a top 25 class?
Faulty logic. The difference between each class isn’t linear.

The difference between the #1 and #10 class can be the same difference between the #25 and #50 class.

Reactions: punydevil
Well uscwatson21, answer the man's question.
Not that everyone doesn't already know, but let me summarize that poster:

"I'm a moron by nature, don't actually know JACK about sports, get owned on the reg and then as ownee, I challenge the owner of the moment with inane statements in the hope that the owner backs off, buys whatever guess I'm trying to sell, or something actually sticks."

Call me crazy but I think we give them all they want this November, not predicting an upset yet but we shall see!
I'd like for us to make it a competitive game but I'm not as optimistic as you are. Not playing them last year might be playing with your expectations a bit.

Reactions: edalee
Not that everyone doesn't already know, but let me summarize that poster:

"I'm a moron by nature, don't actually know JACK about sports, get owned on the reg and then as ownee, I challenge the owner of the moment with inane statements in the hope that the owner backs off, buys whatever guess I'm trying to sell, or something actually sticks."
I’m always impressed how posters can invent an alternate reality. What’s even more impressive is that they can convince themselves it’s true.

Posters get trusted with me because I hold them accountable. I get it, it’s not fun when someone tells you that you’re wrong. But as an adult sometimes you have to accept you made a mistake.

I’m always impressed how posters can invent an alternate reality. What’s even more impressive is that they can convince themselves it’s true.

Posters get trusted with me because I hold them accountable. I get it, it’s not fun when someone tells you that you’re wrong. But as an adult sometimes you have to accept you made a mistake.
When I proved you wrong you changed the goal post like 4 times

Reactions: CLT_Cock
Well currently, USC is ahead of tater U in the Rivals ratings....but keep saying "realistic" things.
nsh.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT