ADVERTISEMENT

USC/ECU game thread

Important win. But, we somehow need to stop making so many penalties. If we do that and get Doty back, we can surprise some people.

I think Biff Tannen runs the operation out there.
Biff_tannen.jpg

Offense needs to figure it out, Clayton White has defense on point.

For all the Cam smith penalties, the guy was lock down in coverage and an enforcer when tackling.

Juju needs at least ten touches per game, he’s Darren sproles. Harris should be rb#1. Need to run some screens, and run our qb on designed runs 3x/game. Shots down the field were effective this game.

I’m positive on Beamer and Clayton white, satterfield you gotta show us something. When Doty is back we’ll see what offense is made of.

Like the famous quote from the old Tater Coach (Danny Ford)…”A win, is a win, is a WIN”!

Thought for sure we would be blown out when Doty didn't start. Please don't start him next week, wait till we play a easier defense.

It’s not just that this is a bad ECU team, it’s that the offensive scheme was nonsense. Could have gone two tight ends and run outside zone all day and won comfortably.
The lack of TE usage was a head scratcher.

I get they needed to keep one in to help that trash o-line effort, but I thought we had multiple playmakers at TE.

Little creativity. Piss poor o-line execution.

It was regression. Yeah, ECU is better than EIU, but they still aren’t good.

This was a great learning game for a young team though. Throughout all the adversity and everything going against you, they found a way to stick together and get the win on the road.

I honestly felt 4 wins this season, 5, if lucky. And I felt that East Carolina, one of the 4, was a possible loss on the road. Even without Doty , 4 now looks very doable.

We stole one for sure. Was it ugly? Yes, it was. This is how a team grows but sadly I think our QB situation paired with bad oline play will cause us some serious heartache.

Muschump would have lost this game. Without a doubt. Special teams would have cost us and the defense would have given up in the middle of the third quarter.

For those of you Debbie Downers, the Clemson team that won the national championship in 1981 was down I believe to Wofford at the half, course Clemson won an ugly one...The next week was UGA with Hershel coming in...Nobody at that time thought Clemson would win many games after the Wofford game. We know how that played out...

Keep the faith Gamecock fans...I sure am...we will get better as we go along...Hopefully Doty will be back SOON...

I'm loving JuJu McDowell!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT