ADVERTISEMENT

USC/ECU game thread

UGA will bring us back to reality next week. Grateful for this win but good lord we may not reach midfield.

This was said two years ago. Anything can happen. I wish JT Daniel hadn’t gotten hurt cause Stetson Bennet is twice the qb……so we are likely in trouble. I truly think we are worse when we are favored in games.

For those of you Debbie Downers, the Clemson team that won the national championship in 1981 was down I believe to Wofford at the half, course Clemson won an ugly one...The next week was UGA with Hershel coming in...Nobody at that time thought Clemson would win many games after the Wofford game. We know how that played out...

Keep the faith Gamecock fans...I sure am...we will get better as we go along...Hopefully Doty will be back SOON...

I'm loving JuJu McDowell!!!!!
I think you mean Tulane, not Wofford....they destroyed Wofford that year.

At least maybe we move up a tad in the State team rankings if we were behind ECU. my question is- would we beat Coastal Carolina this season? :D
Regardless, if by some miracle we beat GA next week, it would be everything.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Fancy_Like_Applebee_s_GIF.gif

Sorry guys, I was late getting to a tv and missed the turnovers and 2 tds. As soon as I started watching we got a pick6. I see a lot of blame going around for how bad we looked on offense. Just my opinion I know but there are some oline upper classmen that need a boot up their ass.

For those of you Debbie Downers, the Clemson team that won the national championship in 1981 was down I believe to Wofford at the half, course Clemson won an ugly one...The next week was UGA with Hershel coming in...Nobody at that time thought Clemson would win many games after the Wofford game. We know how that played out...

Keep the faith Gamecock fans...I sure am...we will get better as we go along...Hopefully Doty will be back SOON...

I'm loving JuJu McDowell!!!!!
Hell yeah!

Reactions: LegalTiger
Defense is much better. Yes I am aware of the opponents, but they tackle and cover better than they have in five years. OL is a huge concern. QB made some big throws when he had to, but played a major role in having to. I do agree with others…last year we don’t win this type of game.

Defense is much better. Yes I am aware of the opponents, but they tackle and cover better than they have in five years. OL is a huge concern. QB made some big throws when he had to, but played a major role in having to. I do agree with others…last year we don’t win this type of game.
Totally agree, the D has only really looked bad 1 time so far on that 1st play. They were lost

Reactions: Wjmfour1
This team is not good. Long season ahead. Reality is setting in. Lol! I had hoped that maybe we had some talent and with some good coaching could make the difference. What I’m watching is a sh&t show of follies. This is what bad teams do.
So you decided this 1 hour into a game….another keyboard all American

Defense is legit. They were alseep on the first play but I'll give ECU credit on that one. The rest of the game lights out. That was a garbage TD after the "fumble" for ECU. OL, I'm extemely disappointed. Running backs never had a chance except Juju in the 4th found some creases. QB play was disappointing but again, OL can shoulder some of that and Noland made some bad decisions but also made some great throws and Vann played his guts out. Special teams is legit and Parker is money. Remember when he first came here, he was horrible but now one of the best kickers in the SEC. IF we can fix OL and get Doty back we can win six.

That’s what will happen. The ECU coach has absolutely no respect for our defense. I mean 4th and 14 and you go for it instead of taking a chip shot field goal!!?? Absolutely no respect —nor should he based on our horrible team’s play.
Dude, where u is?

kpmack……That 2nd post you quoted 4 posts above was not by me. Did you create it for effect? I never wrote that…..especially today. I know it’s fabricated because it won’t let me reply to your post directly. You can see your post history…..funny I don’t see anything remotely close to that one in my history.

But I agree our O needs to improve.

Last edited:
kpmack……That 2nd post you quoted 4 posts above was not by me. Did you create it for effect? I never wrote that…..especially today. I know it’s fabricated because it won’t let me reply to your post directly. You can see your post his…..funny I don’t see anything remotely close to that one in my history.

But I agree our O needs to improve.
Nooo. That’s strange. That was my response. No idea why it has you staying it. It’s a glitch in the matrix I guess.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Nooo. That’s strange. That was my response. No idea why it has you staying it. It’s a glitch in the matrix I guess.
No problem……I have seen some strange tech stuff over the years. I am going to see how we do the next several weeks before panicking. Our O line worries me the most.

No problem……I have seen some strange tech stuff over the years. I am going to see how we do the next several weeks before panicking. Our O line worries me the most.
I have low expectations for this team. It’s going to take time for Beamer to turn this around. I’m surprised by the O line because I thought it would be a strength. They didn’t lose much so it’s strange that it went from a strength last year to a glaring weakness. They just can’t waste that RB talent. They are loaded. JuJu is for real.

Reactions: tngamecock#
I disagree. I think last year's team would have beat this ECU team by 14 or more. But its just my opinion.
With that defense we had last year? I don't think so.

One of the reasons Harris ran so well last year was because no one feared losing to us because the defense was a joke. This defense is not a joke. They are for real.

Where u is?
I’m here Jeff. I Had to go for a 4-mile run after the game to calm down — I was a nervous wreck after the game. All in all, the team toughened up during the last 7 minutes, but dang, we gotta do much better in all phases of the game. I’ll definitely take the win!

Reactions: jeff2001
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT