ADVERTISEMENT

USC UF game thread

Bobo was the play caller, its on him not Champ

Muschamp is the HC. He could’ve been chewing a$$ when that first play came in so slow. There was still enough time. He hired everyone on this staff. In the end it’s on him. Bobo’s fault too.

Reactions: TheReelEss
I came in from working in my backyard shop just in time to see the last 2-3 minutes. I, like others, have never seen anything like this. Between Muschamp, Bobo, all the other assistant coaches, cheerleaders, players, and the girls who hold the water bottles, is there no one who could have said, Hey we need to hurry the eff up? I mean everyone watching the game, including the announcers was seeing that we needed to go to hurry up. I am dumbfounded by this.

Agree. Sad. Looks like the team is not coached to hurry up. There was absolutely no sense of urgency. What a game in futility. It’s almost like these coaches were in a parallel universe.Hill too seemed in no hurry. That the clock was winding down and we were two scores cannot be more obvious. Tired of the HC’s incompetence. Ray has to go first.

Spurrier with this talent would have easily won.

The offensive play calling is what kept us in the game. Bobo, Hill, and Harris carried us.
Disagree. He is better than what we had last year but we were never in the game because we were WAY too conservative in the second half. We needed quick scores in the 4th and they never even tried a pass over 10 yards or so. Impossible to mount a comeback with 6 minute drives when down two scores with 6 minutes left.

Reactions: ddw1263
Disagree. He is better than what we had last year but we were never in the game because we were WAY too conservative in the second half. We needed quick scores in the 4th and they never even tried a pass over 10 yards or so. Impossible to mount a comeback with 6 minute drives when down two scores with 6 minutes left.
Conservative? What receivers do you want to throw to? What would you suggest?

Conservative? What receivers do you want to throw to? What would you suggest?
Powers looks good. We threw him ONE pass. Dak is knocking down 30-40+ snaps a game without a target yet this year that I have seen. Caldwell- has he been out there yet? Doty- one of the best athletes we have according to the coaches.. 0 SNAPS so far.. I dunno maybe any of them?

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Powers looks good. We threw him ONE pass. Dak is knocking down 30-40+ snaps a game without a target yet this year that I have seen. Caldwell- has he been out there yet? Doty- one of the best athletes we have according to the coaches.. 0 SNAPS so far.. I dunno maybe any of them?
Haha. Ahh ok. So you mean look to the bench for answers? And that’s good playcalling? We’re two games in and you want to bench everyone in the 4th quarter just to start hurling it downfield hoping for the best? How did you never make it as a coach??

Haha. Ahh ok. So you mean look to the bench for answers? And that’s good playcalling? We’re two games in and you want to bench everyone in the 4th quarter just to start hurling it downfield hoping for the best? How did you never make it as a coach??
You asked me who we should throw the ball to, I told you a whole list of who we should try- IOW other people than the ones who keep dropping the ball. Then you made up a bunch of BS, and put words in my mouth. Good comeback. What is your plan? Keep throwing it to Muse who drops 50% of what we throw at him? Throw it to... Shi who gets 80% of the targets already and is far from consistent. We need to see what we actually have to find out who can help us. Thus far we are throwing the same 8-10 yard crossing routs and screens to the same 2-3 players over and over. When you are down 3-4 scores, get some breaks late that give you a shot to get back in the game you have to score FAST. We called plays as if we had a big lead in the second quarter. I don’t know how much FB you have watched but generally speaking “the deffinition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results”. That is exactly what we did in the second half.

You asked me who we should throw the ball to, I told you a whole list of who we should try- IOW other people than the ones who keep dropping the ball. Then you made up a bunch of BS, and put words in my mouth. Good comeback. What is your plan? Keep throwing it to Muse who drops 50% of what we throw at him? Throw it to... Shi who gets 80% of the targets already and is far from consistent. We need to see what we actually have to find out who can help us. Thus far we are throwing the same 8-10 yard crossing routs and screens to the same 2-3 players over and over. When you are down 3-4 scores, get some breaks late that give you a shot to get back in the game you have to score FAST. We called plays as if we had a big lead in the second quarter. I don’t know how much FB you have watched but generally speaking “the deffinition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results”. That is exactly what we did in the second half.
What words did I put in your mouth? Do you not want to throw downfield to receivers that are currently on the bench?

What words did I put in your mouth? Do you not want to throw downfield to receivers that are currently on the bench?
I never said “bench everyone in the 4th quarter”... that was just not accurate. I gave a reasonable response with a whole handful of options we are not trying at receiver. We have talent that we have no clue how good they are and there is only one way to find out. As far as play calling goes the late drive in the 4th when we had limited time and needed two scores and we kept running up the middle and throwing short passes...? Nope that will never win a game for anyone. Ever.

I never said “bench everyone in the 4th quarter”... that was just not accurate. I gave a reasonable response with a whole handful of options we are not trying at receiver. We have talent that we have no clue how good they are and there is only one way to find out. As far as play calling goes the late drive in the 4th when we had limited time and needed two scores and we kept running up the middle and throwing short passes...? Nope that will never win a game for anyone. Ever.
I don’t disagree that we needed to have more urgency. When would you have suggested to try new options at receiver?

Ohhhh of course! Haha. Hire this man!
I am no auditioning for a job, just staing the obvious. If you think you have talent, sometimes you need to give them a chance to see if they can play when the lights are on. Throwing the same passes to the same 2-3 guys is not working.

I am no auditioning for a job, just staing the obvious. If you think you have talent, sometimes you need to give them a chance to see if they can play when the lights are on. Throwing the same passes to the same 2-3 guys is not working.
So if you think they have the talent you give them the chance right? Is that not what they’ve done?

I read everything you said. You just think you know better than the coaches who should get the chance to play.
You seem to think the coaches have done a great job of putting our talent in a position to help us win. I feel as though the facts do not back up that opinion.

You seem to think the coaches have done a great job of putting our talent in a position to help us win. I feel as though the facts do not back up that opinion.
No. Don’t put words in my mouth. Here’s my point. The coaches had an idea of who they thought was talented enough to get a chance. That’s what you said they should do. That’s what they did. Is Doty better than Vann? I have no idea and neither do you.

I read everything you said. You just think you know better than the coaches who should get the chance to play.

Maybe Lifer knows more than the coaches. This bunch have still to learn basics like clock management. And you still trust these coaches???

Doty is supposed to be the fastest on the team and you can't find a way to utilize him. Strange.

Put anyone on the field you want and it doesn’t mean the QB is going to find them. Moving through progressions isn’t something every QB can actually do and it isn’t like our oline is consistently giving time to slowly read the play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT