ADVERTISEMENT

what 2 questions do you want answered by spurrier on carolina calls Thursday.

uscusc1987

May 30, 2008
I plan on calling and have been told I will be able to ask 2 questions since I held 1:30 minutes last week.they need to be questions,not rants. What do you want asked? Please specify by typing exactly what your question would be. For now mine was going to be coach Spurrier since going 33-6 since January 2013 we have gone 9-9 in our last 18 games. I know this isn't acceptable to someone with your standards. What SPECIFICALLY has caused this in your opinion and can you fix it? Also, don't we need to put more money,time,and a plan into recruiting? Thanks. Do you feel the questions should be different? If so, let me know your thoughts.

Reactions: GSGP69
"Coach Spurrier, at one point during the Missouri game, we had a walkon QB (Orth), a walk-on RB (Talley), and two walk-on WR's (Belton and Heard) on the field at the same time. What makes our walk-on program so special? How do we continue to be so successful with walk-ons when teams like Georgia, LSU, Bama, A&M need 4* and 5* ball players to be successful?"

"Coach, thanks for coming here and proving that you can win at South Carolina. 42 wins in 4 years, an SEC east title, 5 in a row over Clemson, 4 out of 5 against Georgia, and 3 NYD bowl wins proves that it can be done here.

But things have fallen fast and it appears that you and your staff will not be able to right the ship. We appreciate your time here and will always remember you as the one who told us not to accept mediocrity. Good luck in your retirement and thanks for the memories."

We obviously do not have SEC quality players on the field. What are you doing to make sure we recruit the players we need to compete in the SEC?

"Coach, a few days ago I instituted 'ignore' on several social media football sites and haven't seen or read one negative comment since! Do you use that kind of 'block' to eliminate the BS (and BS'ers) from your life that no-doubt used to give you heartburn? Not only do they not appear they don't even exist! It's a virtual out of sight out of mind; you can say and do whatever you want while they've stuck talking among themselves! It's awesome!!!"

"Do you use that technology or something like it to keep the crazies out of your life?"

I really thought some of you would want a lay it on the line question and see how he answers. I guess not. Carry on with the dumbass golf comments and when will you retire. I should Have known better.

Coach, how much time do you require your quarterbacks to study the playbook so that they know all of the plays and various formations? As the head coach, making $4M a year, how much time have you put in studying the play book, so that you can call the plays, rather than having the assistant coaches calling the play?

I really thought some of you would want a lay it on the line question and see how he answers. I guess not. Carry on with the dumbass golf comments and when will you retire. I should Have known better.
It's not that we don't want the tough questions answered, it's just a matter that we all pretty much know we won't get the straight answers. I do urge you to ask the questions you suggested, they are very good ones and we will see what he says. Can I put money on "we need to coach better"?

Everyone is extremely frustrated right now.

"Coach Spurrier, at one point during the Missouri game, we had a walkon QB (Orth), a walk-on RB (Talley), and two walk-on WR's (Belton and Heard) on the field at the same time. What makes our walk-on program so special? How do we continue to be so successful with walk-ons when teams like Georgia, LSU, Bama, A&M need 4* and 5* ball players to be successful?"
You know...I know you were being sarcastic but that is a legitimate question to ask...Why do we have walk on's at positions that the teams we face have 4 and 5 stars playing......and do you consider that a failure on you or the other coaches part ??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I plan on calling and have been told I will be able to ask 2 questions since I held 1:30 minutes last week.they need to be questions,not rants. What do you want asked? Please specify by typing exactly what your question would be. For now mine was going to be coach Spurrier since going 33-6 since January 2013 we have gone 9-9 in our last 18 games. I know this isn't acceptable to someone with your standards. What SPECIFICALLY has caused this in your opinion and can you fix it? Also, don't we need to put more money,time,and a plan into recruiting? Thanks. Do you feel the questions should be different? If so, let me know your thoughts.

"coach is this the lowest point of your long career?"

You know...I know you were being sarcastic but that is a legitimate question to ask...Why do we have walk on's at positions that the teams we face have 4 and 5 stars playing......and do you consider that a failure on you or the other coaches part ??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Based on SOS' previous comments (and Jr.s too), I'm not really sure he would see it as a sarcastic question. The guy seems to have no clue that there is a problem.

Reactions: superflyby
Based on SOS' previous comments (and Jr.s too), I'm not really sure he would see it as a sarcastic question. The guy seems to have no clue that there is a problem.
That's why I said ask it as an out and out question....why is it that we are in this position...was it a planned course of action ? He couldn't answer it with out saying.."yes it's a failure on our part"

Seriously man? How about a little comic relief...

You want a serious question okay.... "Coach, you wouldn't happen to be related to the individual who's in charge of recruiting would you? Whoever that individual is sucks pretty bad at their job. Just my two cents Coach."

Boxers or briefs? Would you consider changing it up if you thought it would help you win a game?

#1: Coach: Is our offensive play calling so complex that the Olinemen don't now who to block?

#2: Why do our linebackers get caught up in the line so that they can't make the tackle when there is no hole where the play was designed to go?

"Coach how would you explain the current state of our football program & how your comments about not working as hard as some other coaches like Saban directly correlates with his success & our failures on the field. Thanks & I'll hang up & listen."

Reactions: onebigdude
Coach, would you ever consider hiring a OC to bring in a different look and help develop an identity to this schizophrenic offense?? This person could also take a heavy role in recruiting which you personally don't care to do.

Reactions: JBM123
Coach, would you ever consider hiring a OC to bring in a different look and help develop an identity to this schizophrenic offense?? This person could also take a heavy role in recruiting which you personally don't care to do.
Ouch!

I think and hope we would all be as respectful and appreciative as possible. I'm sure 1987 plans to do this as well. We still have our dignity and the next coach (es) we get in here will hear from the previous coach and see the manner in which the exit occurred.
That said- I'd love to have him answer these two serious questions:
1- Coach, what 2-3 coaches do you think are the best in college football right now?
2-What do you consider YOUR best couple coaching jobs on the field (by year and institution) during your career?

Ask him why Hoke won't press the corners, even though we are continually killed by the short to intermediate passing game.

Coach,

What are you planning on doing the entire month of December since there won't be a bowl game to prepare for??

Todd Ellis will hang up on you

ROTFL.gif

Reactions: FORKCOCK
I would ask:

"Coach how will you evaluate the performance of the coaching staff at the end of the season?"

"Is there a problem with division between coaches?" The kids do not seem to be getting the message. They have given up on the coaches. A similar problem is happening right now at Auburn. You know the talent is better than what is happening on the field.

I only have 1. What in the world were you drinking on the days of picking your assistants?

Coach Spurrier, are you sick of answering the question about walk on's playing since you have answered it several times in the past and has South Carolina finally broken even you, one of the greatest football coaches in history, like we've broken every other coach we have ever had?

Coach, uh uh, 2 things:
1) Is your son a worthless part of the coaching staff?
2) Does it bother you when Todd Ellis continually mispronounces your name?

Given the stage, and considering the coach, host, and audience, I think your two original questions are by far better than anything else that has been suggested here. If you want a real answer, this is it: Stick with your original questions.

"Coach, a few days ago I instituted 'ignore' on several social media football sites and haven't seen or read one negative comment since! Do you use that kind of 'block' to eliminate the BS (and BS'ers) from your life that no-doubt used to give you heartburn? Not only do they not appear they don't even exist! It's a virtual out of sight out of mind; you can say and do whatever you want while they've stuck talking among themselves! It's awesome!!!"

"Do you use that technology or something like it to keep the crazies out of your life?"
You supposedly block everyone who doesn't pump sunshine such as yourself.

Coach it was reported we have one of the lowest recruiting budgets in the SEC. How is that working out for ya?

coach when our QB throws the ball down field and it almost hits da moon Is that by design??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT