ADVERTISEMENT

what 2 questions do you want answered by spurrier on carolina calls Thursday.

Do you think its the chicken curse or the curse of the spurrier banners??

In all honesty this is what I would ask:

"Coach Spurrier, do you still believe you and the staff you have assembled can coach our program better than anyone else could?"

If he says no, then I have hope he will stick around past this year and make changes. If he says this is the best they can do, to me that is when Tanner should step in.

Sir i and many USC fans, alum need to understand a few things if you can explain:
a) Why do our DB's contuine to give such a big cushion when we get burned week after week and the coach is unconcerened ???
b) We have seemingly good talent on paper on the Defence front 7 yet it has not been shown. Is it poor coaching or bad recruting for the non production?
c) I need to see our Head Coach involved in recruiting much more. We need to spend more on that process. We seem stuck in SC,NC,Ga and Fl for 90%. Why don't we look for BIG lineman in Hawaii , backs in Texas,Southern Cal . Sir it seems thebest years recruiting we had wherer whwn marcus did it . What are YOUR plans to correct this.
I truly hope these REAL questions get asked and we get REAL answers. A gosh darn don't cut it and i'm still wondering why the GOLF channel did a intrview during the season with a head football coach. That tells all we need there.

I plan on calling and have been told I will be able to ask 2 questions since I held 1:30 minutes last week.they need to be questions,not rants. What do you want asked? Please specify by typing exactly what your question would be. For now mine was going to be coach Spurrier since going 33-6 since January 2013 we have gone 9-9 in our last 18 games. I know this isn't acceptable to someone with your standards. What SPECIFICALLY has caused this in your opinion and can you fix it? Also, don't we need to put more money,time,and a plan into recruiting? Thanks. Do you feel the questions should be different? If so, let me know your thoughts.
Coach spurrier, do you use a check when checking out at the grocery store? I've noticed it's common with older people. Thank you and I'll listen to your answer.

I plan on calling and have been told I will be able to ask 2 questions since I held 1:30 minutes last week.they need to be questions,not rants. What do you want asked? Please specify by typing exactly what your question would be. For now mine was going to be coach Spurrier since going 33-6 since January 2013 we have gone 9-9 in our last 18 games. I know this isn't acceptable to someone with your standards. What SPECIFICALLY has caused this in your opinion and can you fix it? Also, don't we need to put more money,time,and a plan into recruiting? Thanks. Do you feel the questions should be different? If so, let me know your thoughts.

Tell us what questions you asked

I have a real football question:

Since the sport has evolved over the years with offenses changing and defenses countering with changes, there is one change that has never occurred. We still have our biggest/strongest and consequently slower/less athletic guys playing OT even though they now have to block these very fast, explosive DEs. This has not changed since the days of power football with the T formation and Power I formation. Why do we not put our quicker, more athletic OLinemen at the tackle spot and move the big OTs to the guard spot where they can get a better push upfield? Since we now employ this zone blocking scheme, Guards no longer pull out on sweeps or trap block and don't need to be as quick anymore, whereas OTs do. Why hasn't this changed over the years?

I have a real football question:

Since the sport has evolved over the years with offenses changing and defenses countering with changes, there is one change that has never occurred. We still have our biggest/strongest and consequently slower/less athletic guys playing OT even though they now have to block these very fast, explosive DEs. This has not changed since the days of power football with the T formation and Power I formation. Why do we not put our quicker, more athletic OLinemen at the tackle spot and move the big OTs to the guard spot where they can get a better push upfield? Since we now employ this zone blocking scheme, Guards no longer pull out on sweeps or trap block and don't need to be as quick anymore, whereas OTs do. Why hasn't this changed over the years?

This is waaaaaay too relevant and insightful.

Can I interest you in a "why don't we throw to tight end more" instead?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT