ADVERTISEMENT

what number saves Muschamp

For me, short of a miracle 9 or 10 win season, I'm done. Even if he upsets one ranked team, it won't amount to much if we get obliterated by the rest of them and not build off it.

But it will take at least a 3rd of our fan base another year unless we win less than 4 games. And it will take our administration another year regardless. Because now the schedule excuse is back in play along with youth and inexperience at QB.

Honest question. Since we have new QB starting. All hypothetical. Most of us can agree 6-6 or worse and Champ should be polishing the resume.But what if RH comes in and turns into our own version of Malibu Barbie form the upstate? We look competitive and end the season 7-5 or upset ATM or UF and end at 8-4. Or say we get both of those and end it at 9-3. Is that enough to change the opinion of the fanbase? I would love to see it happen. I think 7-5 is the most plausible. But what happens if we have a 9-3 season like Champ's 2nd here? Do the pitchforks and torches get put down for a year or do people still want him gone? Esp knowing firing the staff sets us back another 5 plus years and almost assuredly means close to a decade of losing to the necks.

What would be the number where you stop and say OK another year or so. (This is assuming in the losses we don't look completely lost and like a JV squad.)

I would say 8-4. It would mean at least one upset of a ranked team and would be a middle of the road bowl with a chance for 9 wins.
I have a better chance at winning the Power Ball than this team has of winning more than 4 games. I don't know what game you watched, but this team quit 2 quarters into the season. Muschamp is done.

No I’m saying he could go 2-10 and not be fired
I agree..I have said 3-9 ever since the schedule came out...Of course I am hoping for 9-3. Some how.... Only Jobu knows.
4e2qbN0.jpg

We have the hardest schedule in CFB. Get the team to a bowl game and he'll be safe or beating Clemson. But then again, we could have a losing season and he won't be fired because of his buyout. The only way they MIGHT pay that is if we go 0-12.

His seat is warm, but he can still sit in it. But next year, that thing is going to be hot and getting hotter after every loss to the point he has to stand and has no choice but to walk to the door.

I'm going to stay optimistic and say we'll finish 7-5 with an upset or two. Ryan will give this team life.

Because of this ludicrous $22 million buy out we are in for a ride for a couple more years no matter his record. He might not win 8 games within the next 2 season's but USC never ever pays any kind of buyout. We ride or die that sucker out.
I wish we were like the Auburns or Clemsons where they are devoted to winning games and will fire a coach mid season if need be. We are not that program.
Someone should terminated for that much of a buy out. It screams sabotage or stupidity . Ask Tanner is he stupid or a traitor?

Because of this ludicrous $22 million buy out we are in for a ride for a couple more years no matter his record. He might not win 8 games within the next 2 season's but USC never ever pays any kind of buyout. We ride or die that sucker out.
I wish we were like the Auburns or Clemsons where they are devoted to winning games and will fire a coach mid season if need be. We are not that program.
Someone should terminated for that much of a buy out. It screams sabotage or stupidity . Ask Tanner is he stupid or a traitor?

Paying buyouts is becoming a harder thing to do. Auburn tried to run off Gus last year but couldn’t afford to and he wouldn’t budge. They tried to humiliate him into leaving.

Champ is safe this year regardless and likely safe the following year. The admin may make some requests, although given the revolving door around the coordinator position with Champ over his HC tenure at FL and here, they may not go that route. It isn’t like he isn’t afraid to bring in a new coordinator.

Unfortunately i don’t think he has what it takes to run the football management side of a big program. He can recruit, but he has an image of what he wants to be and i think his defensive pedigree gets him in trouble.

The only guaranteed victory on the schedule is this week. Vandy and App should be wins, but if you show up and play uninspired football, those could easily go south, i don’t think that will happen. That is 3 W’s.

TN, KY & MZ will be dog fights but are very winnable if the team will keep their chin up.

The rest, you just want to try to keep it with in 3 scores and call that a victory. If you have 5-7 TD spreads, it just looks so bad.

Nobody wants to hear this, but this team just is not on the same level with the upper tier teams. I think it is headed in the right direction, but there is not enough differential talent to overcome poor QB Play.

Unfortunately, any success RH has will be intermingled with Muschamp. While Muschamp should get credit for recruiting Ryan, he should not got a free pass due to any success that RH brings to the program. Coach Boom has shown an inability to be an effective SEC coach and needs to move on as soon as it is financially viable for the school. I have no hard feelings; I wish him the best.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Hate to say but I see him staying with 5 wins. But I see an outraged fanbase. Helinski starts and wins 4, butas soon as Jake is cleared he takes over and finishes the season on a tailspin playing every down without relief.

@GeoFrog "Someone should terminated for that much of a buy out. It screams sabotage or stupidity . Ask Tanner is he stupid or a traitor?"

That smells fishy to me and it proves that RT is not a suitable AD. How did he get the president and BOT to go along with that? USC should clean house top to bottom and get some decent USC men on the BOT.
So far haven't seen even one thing to indicate that those in charge are concerned.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Let me say that I don't think Muschamp gets fired after this season unless we win 3 or fewer but that being said, the answer to your question is 7. If we have a winning season there is no chance he's gone. None. I'm tempted to say 6 to tell you the truth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT