ADVERTISEMENT

What's everyone's thoughts about Lorenzo Nunez? I think he definitely

It's good to know you're the expert on this kid. Do you even know anything about him? Ever see any of his games? This kid goes to the high school a few miles from his house. In fact, his backup is my next door neighbor.

You made it a point to call out his 2 TDs with having 0 understanding of his situation. First of all, the kid has no WR core relative to the other schools in their division. Secondly, he was singlehandedly the reason why they defeated A division leading rivalfor the first time in years. He plays on both offense and defense, and he was the squad MVP on both sides of the ball.

The kid was listed as an athlete. Do you even know what that means?

I don't know whether he will play QB or DB at USC, but stating an incorrect stat without any other insight is reckless and naive.

The young man threw 2 TDs his senior year...What's inaccurate about that stat? And I'm not trying to down the kid, if you read my post again, I'm questioning the expectations...Based on what is known about him at this point, some seem to think that he will show up and play above what he has shown the ability to do...In what is recognized as the toughest conference going...In a system that has taken others more time to earn their way into...
Take your emotions and your personal connections out of it...The young man threw 2 TDs and 5 Ints as a Senior in HS...How much of your seasons success would you really stake on that if you had too next year?

I think you are exactly right. But Spurrier is impulsive and tends to live in the moment. It seems like he really doesn't plan for the future. Like you stated, it's not the fan's call to redshirt players. We can look back in hindsight and say that Spurrier wasted Shaw's redshirt in '10 or that he should have stuck with Shaw early in '11, instead of waiting until Garcia blew the Auburn game. But Spurrier does what he wants, when he wants to, based on the situation.

Right. And Spurrier says it is what it is.
And I say:
IT WAS WHAT IT WAS!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT