ADVERTISEMENT

Why would you fire mullen to hire napier?

Mullen WON ALOT of games look at his record...I would take him in a second! napier has not proved anything yet.

Agreed.

I wonder as well, if something else was going on with mullen. His fall was freakishly fast.

is it really a “fall?” He had a bad season. Florida just has the shortest leash of any school in the country since Spurrier and it’s showing that strategy may not work. It happened to work when they gave Zook only three years and replaced him with Meyer. But the quick leash on Champ, McIlwain and now Mullen has taken the program from top 5 in the nation to getting blown out by a six-win USC team.

is it really a “fall?” He had a bad season. Florida just has the shortest leash of any school in the country since Spurrier and it’s showing that strategy may not work. It happened to work when they gave Zook only three years and replaced him with Meyer. But the quick leash on Champ, McIlwain and now Mullen has taken the program from top 5 in the nation to getting blown out by a six-win USC team.
Sexton going to be able to get BIG money out of UF for any of his coaches.....no other reason to go there.

Mullen WON ALOT of games look at his record...I would take him in a second! napier has not proved anything yet.
Mullen was not getting it done recruiting. Plus he didn't help himself when he was asked about how recruiting was going and he replied " Mullen. “We're in the season right now,” he said. “We'll do recruiting after the season. When it gets to recruiting time, we can talk about recruiting Next question."

Outside of the personality argument, none of it makes much sense.

Mullen was not getting it done recruiting. Plus he didn't help himself when he was asked about how recruiting was going and he replied " Mullen. “We're in the season right now,” he said. “We'll do recruiting after the season. When it gets to recruiting time, we can talk about recruiting Next question."

UF just had their best back-to-back recruiting classes in over a decade and are currently ranked #12 for the upcoming.

Outside of the personality argument, none of it makes much sense.

UF just had their best back-to-back recruiting classes in over a decade and are currently ranked #12 for the upcoming.
According to 247....not true. And only one top 10 recruiting class (#9 in 2019). In Florida, that isn't good. Plus an article on the Florida site said of the top 20 Florida recruits, the big 3 schools in Florida only signed 9 of them.

Reactions: lakemurraycock1

I guess you would love to have #50 and worse recruiting classes as well. Mullen has always been a horrible recruiter.

Mullen won a lot of games because of Jim Mac's recruits. Last year they would have been a 7 win team, at best, if Franks didn't get hurt. Trask and Pitts, 2 Heisman worthy candidates, covered a lot of problems.

Relying on Mullen's recruits and predictable playcalling,which he came under fire(with news articles) at Miss State as well, usc would be fortunate to be the 3rd worst team in the East.

You are incredibly ignorant if you're just looking at the superficial stat lines.

Uf fan

Last edited:
Reactions: lakemurraycock1
According to 247....not true. And only one top 10 recruiting class (#9 in 2019). In Florida, that isn't good. Plus an article on the Florida site said of the top 20 Florida recruits, the big 3 schools in Florida only signed 9 of them.

Even before Mullen and Grantham were gone, our recruiting was like #35. Thats unimaginable. A bad season should still get us around the #15 range.

Multiple recruits, including flips, have made negative comments about their experiance.

Mullen reached his ceiling at Miss St. He just isn't cut out for an elite program, unless his attitude changes.

He was his own worst enemy. People talk about recruiting, but there is enough talent on Florida to win with the right coach now.

Zook was a heck of a recruiter, but that wasn't enough to keep his job in a short time.

You have to recruit and coach em up. At Florida , talent isn't an issue. But you gotta coach em up and win some big games at least.

They were ranked #9 in 2019 and 2020. And if you scroll through the years, they had two exceptional classes in 2012 and 2013 (#3) but otherwise were ranked lower each year for more than a decade. Not to mention, he's been by far been the most consistent since Urban (2009) - finishing #6, #7 and #12 his first three years going into this one.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like a really odd move. UF needs to be careful. They could end up like FSU if they continue this turnover pace.

https://247sports.com/college/florida/Season/2020-Football/Commits/

Last edited:
I am not saying mullen is great....but napier?? florida could get someone better!
Like who? Who do you think UF is gonna pry somebody away from? Lincoln Riley? The coach at Cincy? Neither of them are leaving.

Kiffin has gotten in trouble at both UT and USC in recruiting violations. He also would leave in a year if USC called again.

At least Napier has been under Saban and Dabo. He's also turned a program around as well.

Let me ask you this....what did Kirby Smart prove before UGA took him?

Last edited:
Like who? Who do you think UF is gonna pry somebody away from? Lincoln Riley? The coach at Cincy? Neither of them are leaving.

Kiffin has gotten in trouble at both UT and USC in recruiting violations. He also would leave in a year if USC called again.

At least Napier has been under Saban and Dabo. He's also turned a program around as well.

Dabo fired him.

Riley just left for USC West

Reactions: KingofHedgehogs
Dabo fired him.

And you think that had nothing to do with him punching Dabo in the face? Instead of being results based?

I don't condone violence and I would like to believe he learned a lesson. Unless he shows a habit of it, I'm willing to give him a pass.

And for the record, the team he's currently with never had a single 10 win season in their history before he arrived. Now they got 3.

Agreed.

I wonder as well, if something else was going on with mullen. His fall was freakishly fast.
I think there were other issues with Mullen that went all the way back to last year. He had some conflicts with the UF Administration last year and there may have been other issues as well. If he was fired after one bad season that is shooting yourself in the foot.

Don’t know, don’t care, just hope everyone in our division rotates coaches every two or three years!
I saw a graphic last night that stated 10 of 14 football coaches in the SEC would have a tenure of two years or less. That is a lot of turnover.

I think there were other issues with Mullen that went all the way back to last year. He had some conflicts with the UF Administration last year and there may have been other issues as well. If he was fired after one bad season that is shooting yourself in the foot.

Mullen has never been peachy keen with lots of people in our administration, even back in the Tebow days. I doubt Foley would have ever hired him if he still had that ability(he's involved but to a lesser degree).

Although I'm a UF fan, I can be objective for your sake. If you wanna hire him as an OC? That would be a good choice. HC? No way.

Something happened to his playcalling from being an OC to a HC. Miss State was grumbling about his play calling as well. When he's got phenom Heisman worthy players like Trask, Pitts, Dak....you may not notice the bad playcalling because of their ability to turn a "D" play into a "B" or "A" result.

When you don't have superstar players, that's when his playcalling gets noticed more....and its not good. People have suggested that being a HC has negatively impacted his playcalling.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT