ADVERTISEMENT

Woods and Mack

Word has been buzzing all week about Woods committing. Mack doesn't seem likely to happen, seems he may go to Texas.

Feel pretty confident Mack's not coming. At this point things are starting to become a numbers game. With four guys coming in, we need two to transfer (Henry's one), and anyone we add means somebody has to go. Looking at our roster, the only F/C that is likely to transfer is Reggie Theus. Everyone else either got plenty of playing time or else was injured for most of the year. I guess it is still possible that Blanton might drop due to medical issues (reports on that front have been very positive, by the way), or that Sheppard will transfer, but I don't see it happening. There just isn't any room for Mack.

As for Woods, I'll believe it when I see it. Everyone from fans to journalists are saying/hoping he'll commit (247sports even has him as 59% to us), but I still feel like it's a load of hot air. That's just this one guy's opinion though, I'm sure others will disagree. At this point it's mostly rumors and hearsay.

Martin would make room for Mack...that's not even the question. If Mack wants to be here, he'll have a spot.

Woods committing would be HUGE. Land him and Mack and we are almost a LOCK to make the NCAA Tourney next year. Keep both for 2 years and there is no way Martin doesn't get this program on the National stage...and possibly head for a Staley/Spurrier like turn-around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT