ADVERTISEMENT

107.5 The Game AMA (Ask Me Anything)

I’ve tried to fly a little drone once, and it was very difficult, so drone racing would impress the hell out of me if I saw it. Side note: I love summer sports programming. I used to watch a lot of World Series of Poker and Dominos on ESPN in middle school
Unless you’re watching baseball, it’s like an entire summer of watching The Ocho.

As far as I know, Tommy does not have a pilot’s license so true; he should always at least have a copilot for the safety and well-being of himself and everyone on the aircraft. It wouldn’t surprise me if he did, though. He’s a man of many unseen talents

Hosting a radio show by himself isn't one of them.

Reactions: TheReelEss
What is the audio sample of "BILL-BILL-BILL-BILL!" from?
I don't know what it says about me that I'm 48 years old and my favorite show on 107.5 is the one hosted by the self-proclaimed annoying millennial.
I'm curious if you get the celeb treatment around town. What are the perks of your gig? Do you get to bypass the wait at restaurants like Tony Soprano? LOL

Since you're on the flagship station of USC Sports, is there ever any pressure to deliver the official university story rather than give your opinion?

Reactions: Pearson Fowler
I don’t know. I like Cartoon Network. Or at least the Cartoon Network of old, I don’t watch it much anymore, save adult swim. I am flattered that you think my show is as quality as a Williams Street production, though!
When I turn the channel to sports talk I expect to hear sports. The off the wall commentary is not what I want to hear so I turned the channel. Guess I’m old school

Why is it that I can pick up 97.5 to Fountain Inn but 107.5 dies at the rest area in Jalapa? Why is it when I travel in other states their shows discuss sports and have tons of entertaining callers? Why do we not have more of a radio presence in SC? Why do I have to listen to Dan Patrick talk about silly stuff? Why is the sky green sometimes? Ever seen it rain mud?

What is the audio sample of "BILL-BILL-BILL-BILL!" from?
I don't know what it says about me that I'm 48 years old and my favorite show on 107.5 is the one hosted by the self-proclaimed annoying millennial.
I'm curious if you get the celeb treatment around town. What are the perks of your gig? Do you get to bypass the wait at restaurants like Tony Soprano? LOL

Since you're on the flagship station of USC Sports, is there ever any pressure to deliver the official university story rather than give your opinion?
Bill Bill Bill Bill is from the theme song to a show called “Bill Nye the Science Guy”, which was one of my favorite shows as a kid. I actually always wanted to be a scientist when I was growing up, so that show had a big influence on me. It was just like basic science stuff for kids, but I loved it.

I’m glad you like the show! Thanks so much for listening!

I definitely don’t get any special treatment. Even if someone wanted to hook me up, I don’t think they’d recognize me since I work in an aural medium. I would love some restaurants hook ups though, since food is my favorite thing. I’m trying to be a regular at 116 State Street cause that’s my favorite restaurant in Cola, I think. The one big perk I guess is getting in to whatever Gamecock sporting event I want, but the press box (at football games at least) isn’t that fun cause you can’t cheer!

I don’t feel that pressure, but I also know for a fact that I have rubbed some folks down the street the wrong way with things that I’ve said before. It can be tough to toe the line between keeping the peace and being honest with my opinions, but I’ve never shied away from being the pot stirrer. If it’s 50/50, I usually go with my honest opinion and trust that the other hosts will be a little more political to keep the university appeased ultimately (I’m selfish, I know)

How do we beat Bama next year ?
Take advantage of Willy-B. Force turnovers and turn them into TDs, not field goals. Own the momentum from start to finish. Carolina needs to play a near perfect game with no turnovers and few penalties, and they will probably have to get a non offensive score

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
but the press box (at football games at least) isn’t that fun cause you can’t cheer!

You're just going to the wrong school's press box. At the other college, you can have your face painted orange and keep press cred. LOL

Thanks for the show. I listen as I exercise at lunch every weekday. You're the most honest voice on the station. Keep up the good work and I'll keep supporting.

Why is it that I can pick up 97.5 to Fountain Inn but 107.5 dies at the rest area in Jalapa? Why is it when I travel in other states their shows discuss sports and have tons of entertaining callers? Why do we not have more of a radio presence in SC? Why do I have to listen to Dan Patrick talk about silly stuff? Why is the sky green sometimes? Ever orseen it rain mud?
Directional signal strength.

I think our callers are a hoot!

Who we?

Cause DP is the best in the business (and contracts).

The color of the sky is determined by how the light from the sun is refracted by molecules in the, and (I think) green is longer wavelength than blue, so there would need to be less stuff in the atmosphere (like a big hole in the ozone, maybe?) refracting the light so longer wavelengths would reach our eyeballs. Also, if you’re talking about the aurora borealis, then I’m less sure, but I think it has something to do with the magnetism at the poles.

Nope.

Why is it that I can pick up 97.5 to Fountain Inn but 107.5 dies at the rest area in Jalapa? Why is it when I travel in other states their shows discuss sports and have tons of entertaining callers? Why do we not have more of a radio presence in SC? Why do I have to listen to Dan Patrick talk about silly stuff? Why is the sky green sometimes? Ever seen it rain mud?
Okay. I feel your pain on the signal strength. The tower location, strength and height is an issue.

You can get a little information on that here:
Information:
https://radio-locator.com/info/WNKT-FM?loc=33.98098,-81.23084&locn=Lexington, South Carolina
Coverage Map:
https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=WNKT&service=FM

As for the DP show, it is brilliant and is the best sports show on radio or TV. It can’t be beat. No offence @Pearson Fowler

Okay. I feel your pain on the signal strength. The tower location, strength and height is an issue.

Information:
https://radio-locator.com/info/WNKT-FM?loc=33.98098,-81.23084&locn=Lexington, South Carolina
Coverage Map:

As for the DP show, it is brilliant and is the best sports show on radio or TV. It can’t be beat. No offence @Pearson Fowler
None taken. I can only hope to be as good as him one day

Reactions: uscbeckham
What is the greatest sports movie of all-time and why is it Talladega Nights?
Because that’s a pretty low bar. Sports movies kinda stink, and Talladega Nights is easily on the shortlist of great sports movies along with Remember the Titans, Miracle, Dodgeball, Rocky, Raging Bull, and White Men Can’t Jump

Reactions: TheReelEss

Information:
Coverage Map:

I heart radio gives me 107.5 especially when I am in enemy territory. The Lack Of respect UghA has for us is disturbing

What’s up! I’m Pearson, the host of “Lunch” Monday-Friday noon-1. Ask me anything!

1. Why 107.5 doesn't play Frank Martin's press conference live? His press conferences are very informative.

2.What do think about the overall support of the men's basketball program?

3. What do you think about Justin King being involved with the basketball program just like football?

4. What do you think about the athletic department building a stand alone basketball facility?

5. Do you believe it was a mistake that we signed with under armour, instead of nike or adidas?

6. Do you think the seating arrangement should be changed in the CLA? Will you ask Ray about it if you get the chance?

More questions to come (mainly basketball)

Toilet paper, rolls over the front or towards the back? Explain your answer.

Hunts or Heinz ketchup?

Hellmann's or Duke's?

Mustard or Vinegar?

Jack or Arnie?

Cowboys or Redskins?

Ford or Chevy?

Coke or Pepsi?

Ali or Frazier?

Johnson or Evenrude?

Enjoy listening to your show. Keep up the good work.

My question is "what current or former sports figure(pro or college) would you most like to interview?"
That’s a great question. So in this hypothetical, I’m operating under the assumption that this is a normal interview. I won’t say LeBron or Brady cause they’re guarded and probably won’t answer all my questions candidly, so then the question is who would I be most interested in talking to that would just sit and talk openly. I’m gonna cheat and give you three: 1) Bill Walton - great story teller, fascinating career, and huge Grateful Dead fan 2) Ali - also not shy, the best 3) Dennis Rodman

If I could talk to anyone with the assumption that they’d be totally open and would answer all of my questions, I think I might have to go with Tim Duncan because he’s such an enigma.

Hunts or Heinz ketchup?

Hellmann's or Duke's?

Mustard or Vinegar?

Jack or Arnie?

Cowboys or Redskins?

Ford or Chevy?

Coke or Pepsi?

Ali or Frazier?

Johnson or Evenrude?
Over the top cause I’m not a criminal

Heinz

Don’t like mayonnaise

Mustard, especially coarse ground mustard (also there’s vinegar in mustard so best of both worlds)

Jack, but I do love a tea/lemonade mix. If you go to Boj and get pink lemonade, I like to call that a Mrs. Palmer

Cowboys cause I feel like it’s the lesser of two evils. Also Zeke has been my keeper in fantasy the last two years

Ford. I haven’t really driven either much, but I did rent a Ford Focus when I was in LA last week, and I dug it

Ali

I have no idea what Johnson or Evenrude means

Do you believe that offensive players should be allowed to stiff arm the face mask when it would be a 15-yard penalty for a defender?
Ehh, I mean if we’re playing by the rules then no. Should they call it, given that it is in the rule book? I don’t really mind either way. What does bother me is when offensive players initiate contact with the head and defensive players get flagged for targeting. That’s something they really should look at

Reactions: uscbeckham

Hunts or Heinz ketchup?

Hellmann's or Duke's?

Mustard or Vinegar?

Jack or Arnie?

Cowboys or Redskins?

Ford or Chevy?

Coke or Pepsi?

Ali or Frazier?

Johnson or Evenrude?
Over the top cause I’m not a criminal

Heinz

Don’t like mayonnaise

Mustard, especially coarse ground mustard (also there’s vinegar in mustard so best of both worlds)

Jack, but I do love a tea/lemonade mix. If you go to Boj and get pink lemonade, I like to call that a Mrs. Palmer

Cowboys cause I feel like it’s the lesser of two evils. Also Zeke has been my keeper in fantasy the last two years

Ford. I haven’t really driven either much, but I did rent a Ford Focus when I was in LA last week, and I dug it

Ali

I have no idea what Johnson or Evenrude means

Disturbed about your last comment. SMH.

Not a fisherman?

Good call though on the mayonaise. That was a trick question. That's the answer I was looking for.

1. Why 107.5 doesn't play Frank Martin's press conference live? His press conferences are very informative.

2.What do think about the overall support of the men's basketball program?

3. What do you think about Justin King being involved with the basketball program just like football?

4. What do you think about the athletic department building a stand alone basketball facility?

5. Do you believe it was a mistake that we signed with under armour, instead of nike or adidas?

6. Do you think the seating arrangement should be changed in the CLA? Will you ask Ray about it if you get the chance?

More questions to come (mainly basketball)
1. Good question. I’ll ask our PD

2. From fans or media? I think media coverage is commensurate with fan interest. For my entire life (not that long, I guess) this hasn’t been a basketball town. Columbia has a lot of bandwagon b-ball fans and a lot of people that would rather talk recruiting and watch the New Mexico bowl than watch college basketball. I honestly don’t especially enjoy college basketball in general. Most games have more turnovers and fouls than made baskets it seems, and as big as the tournament is, the regular season doesn’t overly matter. I think a lot of people fall into this camp.

3. I think Justin King is one of the most intriguing and possibly valuable assets that the athletic department has. The marketing department just won its second straight national marketing award, and I think the kind of stuff that they and he do means a lot in recruitment right now. Get him involved in everything.

4. I think that kind of goes back to no. 2. That would be a huge investment, and the university would have to think that would make a huge difference in recruiting > wins and losses > $$$. I don’t know enough about basketball recruiting to be able to quantify the impact that could have on the program, but don’t think it’s as important (or competitive?) for hoops as it is for football.

5. I love this question because I love hypotheticals, and the brief discussions we had about Under Amour’s possible role in an increase of lower body injuries were fascinating. I’ve said before that I don’t like UA for me. They make bad soccer cleats, and aesthetically, their stuff is fine. The wounded warrior stuff that they’ve done is awesome, even Carolina has lost all those games. Ultimately, I don’t think it makes a huge difference for the program unless we find out that there is something to the claims that they the gear, and cleats specifically, does not provide the support/protection that it should. I haven’t seen anything scientific to make me think that, but there are enough compelling anecdotes that my interest in the subject is piqued.

6. How do you mean? Like moving the student section?

Disturbed about your last comment. SMH.

Not a fisherman?

Good call though on the mayonaise. That was a trick question. That's the answer I was looking for.
Haha well I went 1 for 2 on the important questions. I did used to love fishing when I was younger but haven’t really fished in years. But yeah mayo is evil

Why is it that I can pick up 97.5 to Fountain Inn but 107.5 dies at the rest area in Jalapa? Why is it when I travel in other states their shows discuss sports and have tons of entertaining callers? Why do we not have me of a radio presence in SC? Why do I have to listen to Dan Patrick talk about silly stuff? Why is the sky green sometimes? Ever seen it rain mud?
You live in Fountain Inn?

Do you believe that offensive players should be allowed to stiff arm the face mask when it would be a 15-yard penalty for a defender?
I thought it was a penalty if they close their fingers around the facemask and use it to turn their head? If I'm not mistaken, they have to keep their hands open for it not to be a penalty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT