ADVERTISEMENT

12th Game Rumor

We already play 1 FCS school in UT Chattanooga, so we need a FBS school for the make up game.

Yeah I know we need an FBS team, but don't schedule a P5 team.

I know folks are saying "why beat a non P5 to make a crappy bowl" but the optics of going from 9 wins to no bowl is bad. And the whole 'extra practice' argument probably does hold some weight. So in my opinion- we need to schedule a team we know we can/will beat.

And on that point- what have we have we shown that makes us think we can beat an above average P5 team? We've played 3 and lost all 3, 2 of which were ass stompings.

Wife and family are all marshall grads, so they were all coming and staying with me and going to the game. For the love of humanity, please dont reschedule them. Dodged a bullet. LOL Truth be told, i have some good ones.

I’ve heard the most likely is Akron. Seems to be close to being done.

What I find troubling is that a majority on here are hoping to play a team of Akron's caliber or less so it's a guaranteed win. And want nothing to do with any team that is halfway decent.
Then on the other hand some on here claim we would win no less than 9 wins in the ACC playing the likes of NCST, Miami,VT, BC and even Duke.
I'm not understanding how some reconcile the difference
With the schedule we have,played why in the world would we play anyone else worth a shit. Just stupid. Nobody else does that. If we lose at Florida and Clempson our losses would be to 5 ranked teams. At least 2 in the top 10. I don't think we need to beef up our OOC schedule. SMH

With the schedule we have,played why in the world would we play anyone else worth a shit. Just stupid. Nobody else does that. If we lose at Florida and Clempson our losses would be to 5 ranked teams. At least 2 in the top 10. I don't think we need to beef up our OOC schedule. SMH
You obviously missed the point I was making.
However you definitely fit the profile I was referring to.

I’d imagine we’ll hear an announcement on Sunday. Probably Akron since they are eliminated from their conference championship game. Not sure if results tomorrow would impact that decision or not. I guess if there is enough $ at stake they could.

What I find troubling is that a majority on here are hoping to play a team of Akron's caliber or less so it's a guaranteed win. And want nothing to do with any team that is halfway decent.
Then on the other hand some on here claim we would win no less than 9 wins in the ACC playing the likes of NCST, Miami,VT, BC and even Duke.
I'm not understanding how some reconcile the difference

Easy, most people would like a comparable schedule as everyone else. No harder, no easier. We already play 8 SEC teams.

Looks like that "we'll play in Charlotte" thing was total bullshit! Anybody want to come out and own up to it?

Looks like that "we'll play in Charlotte" thing was total bullshit! Anybody want to come out and own up to it?

The Charlotte thing was BS before we found out this news. Tough to play NC State in Charlotte when they already have deal with ECU. If they didn’t own up when that was pointed out, why would they now? Some people just post without any thinking whatsoever.

Reactions: coolcock2001
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT