ADVERTISEMENT

20 years of FGF. I would like to thank the folks from the very early days for creating the site

Love the site and this board never lacks in entertainment value...its gotten me through many bathroom breaks to say the least.
I read for many years before deciding to post and I proudly made it through my fist 50 or so posts avoiding the "tater" label too which I'm pretty proud of but then again I do register as a moderate Sunshine Pumper Party member.

and providing the hands down go to place for Gamecock sports, especially for those of us living out of state. Congratulations, and many more years.
And FWIW, I first joined in early 1999 after I moved to Florida.
Joined in August/September 1999, shortly after moving from Columbus OH to HHI. Remember just reading posts for the first few months before deciding to post....unlike others, no one was calling posters "taters" then. Remember the somewhat controversial joining of the Rivals network with all the changes. That when a lot of "joined on" dates got messed up. Been a long time and a lot of fun....posters like Plano, Yellowfin, Ercoupe, Hawaii Hal, and many others....who've come and gone.

Last edited:
Joined in August/September 1999, shortly after moving from Columbus OH to HHI. Remember just reading posts for the first few months before deciding to post....unlike others, no one was calling posters "taters" then. Remember the somewhat contraversial joining of the Rivals network with all the changes. That when a lot of "joined on" dates got messed up. Been a long time and a lot of fun....posters like Plano, Yellowfin, Ercoupe, Hawaii Hal, and many others....who've come and gone.

I remember velvet underground. He always had the inside scoop. You're right their wasny much of the childish bs like it is now. Yea brings back memories

My profile says i joined in 2001 but i was here in 99 i know. I sure wish people had manners and showed respect like in the old days. Still a lot of fun despite that.
Welcome to the new world. Where apparently there is more than two genders, you are allowed to have an opinion as long as it matches someone else's opinion, a safe space isn't something for women and children seeking protection from physical harm, and 'War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, and Ignorance is Strength'.

I started browsing this site in 2013 at the height of our ownage of Clemson. Those were better times to be sure, but I feel like we are getting back to where we once were.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
First time I logged on it was through a dial up connection and default was still thread view. I remember meeting @FGF Supercock and maybe another poster or two at the "Rally round the Gamecocks" thing they used to have after practice on Thursdays

Reactions: adversary2
I do not post often but on the site all the time. I am not sure how long ago I joined but I am guessing some time in 1999... heck before my kids were born and one graduated this year.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I remember velvet underground. He always had the inside scoop. You're right their wasny much of the childish bs like it is now. Yea brings back memories

I joined sometime around 2001, I know this because I made several post on 9/11/2001. Shoe use to repost all the messages that were originally posted on 9/11/2001 and again I made several post on that day. A couple of my posts were made about things other than the attack because it was an hour or so (I can't remember exactly) before I learned of the attack.

But, I love being a member of FGF back in those days. And as you said above there were very few childish posters on the board then compared to now. I loved conversing with all the posters back in the day. Man, there were some really entertaining characters during that time. There was one I remember FunkyChicken or something like that and then of course Plano. I saw Plano on one of the Late Light TV shows one time. He was a cool guy. Plus, there was the infamous FreeHawk that was someone to behold. And as someone stated Hawaii Hal. I had dinner with him in Hawaii back in 2008 and he carried me to a restaurant that I won't have found in a 100 years as a tourist plus showed me part of Oahu that were off the beaten path.

Bottom like those were the golden years of FGF in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
I remember when you would get an email every time someone replied to your post. That was nice but I think that went away when Rivals showed up.
Also- I really liked the other view choice we had but I was in the minority I guess.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
Love the site and this board never lacks in entertainment value...its gotten me through many bathroom breaks to say the least.
I read for many years before deciding to post and I proudly made it through my fist 50 or so posts avoiding the "tater" label too which I'm pretty proud of but then again I do register as a moderate Sunshine Pumper Party member.

I moved to Gainesville in 1999. Was on here before but yes it sure made moving so far from Gamecock country easier. I'm still here in Gatorville.

I think I was on a webtv first time I came here

That's funny because that was what I used at home back in the mid-90s as well. It seemed like a pretty darn good deal until I started working at a place with a T1 connection and realized just how slow my dial-up was.

So that explains your screen name.

Reactions: Rock Hill Cock
Welcome to the new world. Where apparently there is more than two genders, you are allowed to have an opinion as long as it matches someone else's opinion, a safe space isn't something for women and children seeking protection from physical harm, and 'War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, and Ignorance is Strength'.

Me clicking on your post a 1,000,000 times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT