ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Class = Best Class This Millenium

PokerCock

Jan 6, 2016
With the guys Muschamp and Co. have inked, this will likely go down as the best class of all time when the dust settles. There are numerous diamonds in the rough in this class that are sure to get a ratings bump and they include:

Fenwick
Louis
Enagbare
Gipson
Gwyn
Manos
Mukuamu
Rush
Thompson

While we missed on guys like XT and Tindall, this staff quietly put together one of the greatest classes this school has seen. As Muschamp said yesterday when asked about some of the guys being underrated by recruiting services, "Some guys are definitely underrated but I don't worry about it. I know a lot more than those "recruiting experts" do."

We are also in line to add Sandidge, Wonnum, and Gerald if we push who are all in the 4 star range.

Muschamp has a history of "hitting" on a lot of under the radar prospects and this class will be no different. Buckle up fellas because Muschamp has the train rolling and the best is yet to come.

With the guys Muschamp and Co. have inked, this will likely go down as the best class of all time when the dust settles. There are numerous diamonds in the rough in this class that are sure to get a ratings bump and they include:

Fenwick
Louis
Enagbare
Gipson
Gwyn
Manos
Mukuamu
Rush
Thompson

While we missed on guys like XT and Tindall, this staff quietly put together one of the greatest classes this school has seen. As Muschamp said yesterday when asked about some of the guys being underrated by recruiting services, "Some guys are definitely underrated but I don't worry about it. I know a lot more than those "recruiting experts" do."

We are also in line to add Sandidge, Wonnum, and Gerald if we push who are all in the 4 star range.

Muschamp has a history of "hitting" on a lot of under the radar prospects and this class will be no different. Buckle up fellas because Muschamp has the train rolling and the best is yet to come.
Agreed and you don't really even need to apply any spin to reach this conclusion. Lots of fan bases claim they have underrated prospects when their class isn't rated as high as they'd like. But #15 is as good or better than the classes Spurrier was signing during his string of 11-win seasons, and it's currently the 2nd-best class in the SEC East.

Reactions: Mr.Bordenkircher
Agreed and you don't really even need to apply any spin to reach this conclusion. Lots of fan bases claim they have underrated prospects when their class isn't rated as high as they'd like. But #15 is as good or better than the classes Spurrier was signing during his string of 11-win seasons, and it's currently the 2nd-best class in the SEC East.

That's exactly right. I'm ecstatic with how this class has shaken out. But for the folks that get caught up in the recruiting rankings, just know that we are going to finish around #10 if all of those guys get the ratings bump that they should.

Agreed opie. Screw the star rankings those are just based on measurables. A lot of these kid, when you watch the tape you can just see that they are ballers. We’ve got a BUNCH of difference makers in this class. I’m really pleased with it.

Less be honest. We're not a National power or National brand like Bama, Ohio St, the upstate team etc....given that we recruit pretty good and most of the times out recruit 90% of Division 1 Schools when in reality were not better on the field than 90% of the programs. If our teams played in accordance to our usual recruiting ranking we'd be a annual top 20 team.

Reactions: Garnetskies
I understand the intended point here, but we’ve had classes with Clowney, Swearinger, Gilmore, Lattimore. So ‘Best ever’ ... to the op - nope.

Reactions: BigTomE
I understand the intended point here, but we’ve had classes with Clowney, Swearinger, Gilmore, Lattimore. So ‘Best ever’ ... to the op - nope.

Go back and look at those classes then. Time will tell, but we have a great class in place for 2018.

Also, I think your memory is failing you. Those guys weren't all in the same class.

Gilmore & Swearinger - 2009
Latt - 2010
Clowney - 2011

Go back and look at those classes then. Time will tell, but we have a great class in place for 2018.

Also, I think your memory is failing you. Those guys weren't all in the same class.

Gilmore & Swearinger - 2009
Latt - 2010
Clowney - 2011
Alshon was '09 too. I know you were just replying to the post.

Reactions: PokerCock
I stand corrected. I do like the big linebacker and I do think the coaches know the pieces we need to keep improving. We good!

No, it won't be top 10 - but it's a good class.

By the time other teams who had coaching problems (like FSU, Tennessee) get their numbers up and the West Coast finishes up late as always (SoCal), we'll be at around 20.

Very wrong. We will finish no worse than 5th in the conference when the dust settles. Tennessee is not going to jump us. We still have 2-3 4 stars in play to close this class out. Not to mention 4-5 guys who could obtain a 4th star.

You do realize that the majority of prospects went ahead and shut down their recruitment yesterday, right?

Very wrong. We will finish no worse than 5th in the conference when the dust settles. Tennessee is not going to jump us. We still have 2-3 4 stars in play to close this class out. Not to mention 4-5 guys who could obtain a 4th star.

You do realize that the majority of prospects went ahead and shut down their recruitment yesterday, right?

Majority? Yes. But 38% remain unsigned. Everybody is gonna be after the Wonnums and Sandridges now.

We are not 5th in the conference now; we are 6th. We aren't gonna jump anybody and we will have to worry about the Vols, Bullies and A&M jumping us as their new coaches get settled in.

I still think we will finish 5th in the conference, but ok. Nonetheless, great class. We are in great shape for Wonnum and Sandidge too which is all we can ask considering they didn't sign yesterday.

Where does this idea come from that Muschamp has some extraordinary ability to evaluate talent? And that he’ll find great college players other coaches miss? Every coach, every class, has a few 3 stars that surprise and 4/5 stars that disappoint. He’s no different.

Let’s remember that Muschamp is the guy who inherited the number 1 class in the country when he took over at Florida. And then signed the 11th 3rd, and 3rd ranked classes in the country the next three years. And for most of his tenure, that team looked lost, confused and completely mismanaged. He had guys transferring out all over the place and the program went into a tailspin. He had more 4 and 5 Star busts at Florida than he had impact players.

Where does this idea come from that Muschamp has some extraordinary ability to evaluate talent? And that he’ll find great college players other coaches miss? Every coach, every class, has a few 3 stars that surprise and 4/5 stars that disappoint. He’s no different.

Let’s remember that Muschamp is the guy who inherited the number 1 class in the country when he took over at Florida. And then signed the 11th 3rd, and 3rd ranked classes in the country the next three years. And for most of his tenure, that team looked lost, confused and completely mismanaged. He had guys transferring out all over the place and the program went into a tailspin. He had more 4 and 5 Star busts at Florida than he had impact players.
With regard to his recruiting and results at Florida, in general, you may be correct. However, if you look at his classes at UF they were pretty heavily weighted to the defensive side of the ball, where UF did excel during his whole tenure....and considering the offense, truly excelled. A lot of his failures at UF hinged on two positions: a failure to recruit an adequate OL in numbers and quality and to develop a decent QB. Grier was his "savior" QB but came too late...and still not sure he would've had an OL decent enough to protect him, though he did hire a new OL coach late in his tenure.

With regard to his recruiting and results at Florida, in general, you may be correct. However, if you look at his classes at UF they were pretty heavily weighted to the defensive side of the ball, where UF did excel during his whole tenure....and considering the offense, truly excelled. A lot of his failures at UF hinged on two positions: a failure to recruit an adequate OL in numbers and quality and to develop a decent QB. Grier was his "savior" QB but came too late...and still not sure he would've had an OL decent enough to protect him, though he did hire a new OL coach late in his tenure.

Also McElwain won 2 SEC East titles solely on Muschamp's recruiting abilities. We all see what happened with McElwain and Florida once he ran out of Champ's players.

With the guys Muschamp and Co. have inked, this will likely go down as the best class of all time when the dust settles. As Muschamp said yesterday when asked about some of the guys being underrated by recruiting services, "Some guys are definitely underrated but I don't worry about it. I know a lot more than those "recruiting experts" do."
As asked above, how is it that all the other coaches in the country are just sheep and follow the rating services and Muschamp is the only coach smart enough to do his own evaluations? This is delusion at its finest. And I don't mean Muschamp, I mean those of you swallowing it

Fenwick
Louis
Enagbare
Gipson
Gwyn
Manos
Mukuamu
Rush
Thompson

I heard we're going after a super rare 4.1 star. I love stars.

Seriously, I don't get the obsession with if these guys will get bumped up. I remember a lot of four star players under Spurrier that did nothing. Seems like a bizarre thing to brag about.

I heard we're going after a super rare 4.1 star. I love stars.

Seriously, I don't get the obsession with if these guys will get bumped up. I remember a lot of four star players under Spurrier that did nothing. Seems like a bizarre thing to brag about.

I think your reading comprehension sucks and you missed the entire point of the post. Run along back to Tigernet now, son.

I think when your a School like us we almost have to have great and unique Coaching. I'd say for instance we've recruited close to what Oregon has the last decade 20 range a lot of years. With their Coaching they took it all the way to a National Title game a time or 2, averaged 60 points and ran a play every few seconds. They didn't have 5 stars all over the field but thier talent was good enough for a special system that yielded great results. We need a unconventional system to get us on par with the guys who will always get better recruits than us.

I have to say, this class has improved as the season went on. Seems as though winning more games this year than anticipated gave us a boost. If we finish strong and hold in the top 15 or so, that is quite an accomplishment. Doesn't move us right into lock step with clemzun or Bama, but with what we have coming back, this is a good progression towards challenging for the East in the next year or two...

Fenwick
Louis
Enagbare
Gipson
Gwyn
Manos
Mukuamu
Rush
Thompson

This article by Nick Rodriguez of 12UP is not that impressed with the recruiting class.

http://www.12up.com/posts/5925154-3-biggest-losers-from-the-first-day-of-early-signing-period

I still think we will finish 5th in the conference, but ok. Nonetheless, great class. We are in great shape for Wonnum and Sandidge too which is all we can ask considering they didn't sign yesterday.

The fact that they did not sign yesterday is not a good sign for us. I’ll reserve judgement on this class, but from what I see, there better be a bunch of underrated 3-star recruits in this class. We’ve whiffed on a bunch of higher rated recruits we signed in the past, but when I look at these numbers, I see that our team rank is only what it is because we signed a higher quantity of players. When TN and FL sign more players ranked above 3-stars than we do (after the dumpster fires those 2 programs turned in to this year), I have to wonder what we are doing. Those 4-5 star players are the difference makers (at least on paper) on a team. An inordinate number of those we have signed in the last 10-15 years have not lived up to potential, but the more you get, the better your odds of success. Then when you have the 3-star guys that ball like Shaw and Swearinger mature, you get a team that can compete on an SEC level. I’ll have to wait and see, but I’ve been a GC for a long time, and it’s been rare to see a championship competitive team emerge on underrated recruiting classes.

Reactions: Every name taken

Hey, I really appreciate your enthusiasm, and I agree it's a solid class, but best class ever is a stretch? Who are the 4-5 players who could obtain a 4th star? Thompson will likely get a bump up, but who are the others?

There is absolutely zero chance this class finishes in the top 10. I like that Muschamp personally evaluated each player in camp and I trust his evaluations more that the recruiting services.

Being a great or the best class on paper is 100 percent worthless if everyone in that class fails to develope and deliver the expectations set for them. No recruit can be fairly judged on quality before they ever play a single game

Reactions: rogue cock
Hey, I really appreciate your enthusiasm, and I agree it's a solid class, but best class ever is a stretch? Who are the 4-5 players who could obtain a 4th star? Thompson will likely get a bump up, but who are the others?

There is absolutely zero chance this class finishes in the top 10. I like that Muschamp personally evaluated each player in camp and I trust his evaluations more that the recruiting services.

Using the 247 ratings, the following players should be bumped to 4 star status:

Thompson
Enagbare
Louis
Fenwick
Manos
Gwyn

Reactions: Tigerof66
Oh, Nick Rodriguez says it's a poor class? Who tf is Nick Rodriguez? Congrats tater, you found one article criticising our class. How many positive articles did you skip over while searching for one negative article?

Evidently you enjoy calling posters taters when you don't even have a clue! You're such a genius....NOT! The only thing that's BIG about you BigTomE is your MOUTH!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT