Stats to ponder

8 7 8 7 10 10 11 9
Points we have given up over the last 8 quarters

20 turnovers Ole Miss forces per game
5 turnovers we had through 3 quarters

Aliyah Boston almost had a triple double
22 points 11 rebounds 9 fouls drawn

Over the last 5 games we are only giving up
44 points per game!!!! In those game opponents shot 82-301 27% that is insane D! That is the sort of stats you see early in the year during cupcake season. Not against UK, A&M, Ark, Vandy and Ole Miss.

Last edited:
Mississippi State won his third SEC game and Rickea Jackson didn't played in any of their victories. Really makes you think.

I don’t know if they showed in real time during our game but they did on the halftime during Ark-LSU game. Ole Miss Coach Yo went absolutely insane yelling at her team during a timeout. A full Frank Martin

Reactions: Gamecock Lincoln
A really bad loss for Tennessee but I loved the grit Auburn had. There's a reason they say the SEC is a tough league. I'm so glad I don't have to hear from cocky Vol fans anymore about how they coming for us.
well I’m a little disappointed..... lower bowl tickets were going for 200$ per ticket earlier today on the secondary market

I don’t know if they showed in real time during our game but they did on the halftime during Ark-LSU game. Ole Miss Coach Yo went absolutely insane yelling at her team during a timeout. A full Frank Martin
Yes, I recall it during our game, though I can't remember the exact point. I appreciate Coach Yo not coming in here and rolling over, but don't know what more she could have expected from her team. The effort was there. It's just really, really hard to score against us without the ability to stretch the floor.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Yes, I recall it during our game, though I can't remember the exact point. I appreciate Coach Yo not coming in here and rolling over, but don't know what more she could have expected from her team. The effort was there. It's just really, really hard to score against us without the ability to stretch the floor.
I don’t get any coach saying, “Yes, let’s push pace against SC”

Reactions: DarkCock
Yeah, we don't see that much, do we? Buffalo did early in the season, but that's the only way they play. But I wouldn't advise it. It felt like Ole Miss did slow it down a bit in the 2nd half, perhaps to keep the score respectable. Maybe they were just tired.

Cooke, Rivers and Russell combined to shoot 2-16 from the field. But they also combined to commit ONE turnover. We are so much better off when our guards shoot the ball. Doesn't matter if they make it or not. A missed shot leads to an offensive rebound 45% of the time (probably closer to 50% when a guard is the shooter, since our bigs are underneath to rebound). If we don't get the offensive rebound, then at least our defense has time to set up in the half court. JUST DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER. Turnovers leads to transition baskets for the opponent.

Dawn fixed some things with that week off - mainly ball protection and defense has stepped up a notch. The game at UF will be tough on Sunday, but we're hitting our stride.

It's definitely worse. Auburn hasn't been competitive in the conference in a long time and was 8-10 for the season and 0-7 in the conference.

They went 0-15 in Terri Williams-Flournoy's final season in 2020-21. So they were 0-22 in SEC regular-season play until Thursday night's win.

In fact, they were 0-23: their last SEC regular-season win was in their next to last game of the 2019-20 season, when they won 92-85 at Missouri. Their last game that season - which started the losing streak - was a 56-55 loss to Tennessee......

Absolutely insane night in SEC
Auburn beats UT
Vandy Beats UK
Miss St beats Mizzou
Ark smoking LSU
USC v. Ole Miss was the only SEC game where an upset DIDN'T happen! Last night was insane.... especially Auburn beating UT! I was in the middle of watching the Ark/LSU game and saw the Aub/UT halftime score on the bottom of the screen. I immediately put the game on ESPN+ on my phone and kept track of both games, laughing the whole way!

The upsets to LSU and UT really put me at ease. As it stands right now, we still have to beat UT to win the regular season championship, but we can afford one more upset from another team and still be in the hunt. I hope it doesn't happen but at least we have the cushion now.

Some thoughts from the game...

Zia still looks like she is recovering from her ankle injury. She slipped a lot while doing hard cuts. I feel like she doesn't trust her ankle. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't play against Florida.

I think this was the smoothest game I've seen from Amihere on offense. She was quietly dominant. Has she finally turned the corner?

I still think Rivers needs to work on her shot but she is turning into a defensive nightmare! She disrupted the flow, created turnovers, and blocked shots again, again, and again! She is making good decisions on offense but her shot/touch just isn't there to support it. I can't wait until she puts it together. I think she'll be the next star on the team after Boston/Zia graduate.

Absolutely insane night in SEC
Auburn beats UT
Vandy Beats UK
Miss St beats Mizzou
Ark smoking LSU
Someone correct me if I'm wrong: the home team won every SEC game last night.

All of our SEC road games have gone down to the final minute. Not easy winning on the road in this conference. Expect the Gators to put up a fight this weekend.

Reactions: winloseortie
Looks as though that 4th quarter surge in the Vandy game is doing wonders for Rivers. She's still not making shots, but her defense and passing skills have been impactful.

Reactions: shiverz
Coach Yo said something in her pregame presser that I took as a slight, although I understood what she was saying. I don't know how Dawn took it. The reporter set it up for her to praise SC, but she went another route and then came back around to give SC some props. Tennessee fans might take it worse since she did not mention them in the context she was speaking. It is at the 8:39 mark when the question was asked. I really thought she believed her team could give us a game from the tone of the presser. Nothing wrong with that.

Coach Yo said something in her pregame presser that I took as a slight, although I understood what she was saying. I don't know how Dawn took it. The reporter set it up for her to praise SC, but she went another route and then came back around to give SC some props. Tennessee fans might take it worse since she did not mention them in the context she was speaking. It is at the 8:39 mark when the question was asked. I really thought she believed her team could give us a game from the tone of the presser. Nothing wrong with that.

I see no insult in what Coach Yo had to say. We are relatively new to the party. If you are going to aspire to be like another team then choose one that has been relevant for decades instead of the new kid. Now I think in time we will be as relevant as Uconn and Stanford. But we need to prove that.

As far as Tenn goes they WERE on the mountain top but they fell off and more than one good year is needed to put them back on the mountain much less on the top of the mountain.

Reactions: Gamekem
Yeah I saw nothing wrong with what Coach Yo said and she still gave Dawn and the culture of our program it's respect. As much as it pains me to say it but any program should be looking to be like a UConn or a Tennessee, you want 30+ years of dominance and a lot of national championships. Hopefully with another 10 years we can be that dynasty of sustained success and a lot of hardware, that preferably says National Championship on it.

Reactions: shiverz
That Coach from Ole Piss is full on, "GHETTO"....I've never seen a coach act like that on a sideline...players yes, coach, no....You would never have seen Coach Summit act in such as fashion...Well maybe, in this day and time, class acts are becoming a thing of the past....

That Coach from Ole Piss is full on, "GHETTO"....I've never seen a coach act like that on a sideline...players yes, coach, no....You would never have seen Coach Summit act in such as fashion...Well maybe, in this day and time, class acts are becoming a thing of the past....

I am going to regret asking this but what does "acting ghetto" mean? Does Frank Martin and Bobby Knight act "ghetto"? Maybe you should go look up the word ghetto.

She did go a little ballistic but goodness it was in the huddle. Not at opposition, refs, or fans. If cams are not peering in no one know. A LOT of coaches I have seen over my life have done worse. It seems we must find something negative after WBB victory to obsess over.

I see no insult in what Coach Yo had to say. We are relatively new to the party. If you are going to aspire to be like another team then choose one that has been relevant for decades instead of the new kid. Now I think in time we will be as relevant as Uconn and Stanford. But we need to prove that.

As far as Tenn goes they WERE on the mountain top but they fell off and more than one good year is needed to put them back on the mountain much less on the top of the mountain.
In fact if you listen to DS she loudly proclaims we are not UT, Stanford or UCONN. We are the team that gives hope to everyone else who is a “nobody” that you can succeed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT