ADVERTISEMENT

37 days and counting and still NCAA silence

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
Still no word about Te'a Cooper. We are going into our toughest stretch of the season with 8 healthy players. One more injury and it really gets difficult. If we get the same officiating treatment against Mizz this time, then we will probably end the game with 3 players on the court. UConn and Miss St will run us ragged with their depth. I know it is only one more player but if we could get her and then for UConn and Miss St get Spann back, then we have a full 10 and are ok. If not on either, then it will be very tough. Spann is somewhat out of anyones control and depends on how her knee is. Cooper, however, is NCAA STILL dragging their feet and it is disgusting how they run themselves.

Reactions: chick75 and vehemon
While at the same time they are planning to meet to discuss nullifying the rule that requires transfers to sit out a year..They are seriously considering making all transfers immediately eligible...Think about that...They should have made Cooper eligible the week after Christmas Break

Still no word about Te'a Cooper. We are going into our toughest stretch of the season with 8 healthy players. One more injury and it really gets difficult. If we get the same officiating treatment against Mizz this time, then we will probably end the game with 3 players on the court. UConn and Miss St will run us ragged with their depth. I know it is only one more player but if we could get her and then for UConn and Miss St get Spann back, then we have a full 10 and are ok. If not on either, then it will be very tough. Spann is somewhat out of anyones control and depends on how her knee is. Cooper, however, is NCAA STILL dragging their feet and it is disgusting how they run themselves.

NCAA = "Dawn is that you, we have a bad connection click..........." o please hold, our daddy UNcarolina is on the other line.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
I guess the question is, when will they finally make a ruling? I think Dawn would blow a gasket if they come back March 18 or so and say, "all is good, she can play". Then its only like a couple of games if we are moving through the tournament alright.

So far she has missed 8 games due to their negligence. Thats about half the SEC season. Sorry but there is no excuse anymore. None of the bull about them being on Christmas break, none of the weather being an issue. If the teams can play their games, they can meet and make a ruling. Disgraceful!!!!

While not understanding all the ins and outs of the regulations, filing and ruling process, what I question is, why wasn't the paperwork filed and process started in the Fall semester with Spring semester eligibility requested?

It just seems to me that if you wait until the Holiday break to file and the Spring semester is coming at you and fast… what do you think might happen, especially when dealing with the NCAA?

Reactions: roosterbell
While not understanding all the ins and outs of the regulations, filing and ruling process, what I question is, why wasn't the paperwork filed and process started in the Fall semester with Spring semester eligibility requested?

It just seems to me that if you wait until the Holiday break to file and the Spring semester is coming at you and fast… what do you think might happen, especially when dealing with the NCAA?

For whatever reason, Dawn wanted her to have one completed semester with grades in before submitting paperwork for a waiver. Dawn has also stated that if the waiver is granted, she will play Cooper if if it is just a few games left in the season. And that looks like it will be the case....:(

While at the same time they are planning to meet to discuss nullifying the rule that requires transfers to sit out a year..They are seriously considering making all transfers immediately eligible...Think about that...They should have made Cooper eligible the week after Christmas Break
That would establish open season on poaching.

For whatever reason, Dawn wanted her to have one completed semester with grades in before submitting paperwork for a waiver. Dawn has also stated that if the waiver is granted, she will play Cooper if if it is just a few games left in the season. And that looks like it will be the case....:(
Right now, it looks like she isn't going to play at all. Hope that's incorrect.

Reactions: Silverspur02
That would establish open season on poaching.

that's already taking place in basketball...I see your point and somewhat agree...But the way football coaches lie to these kids about playing time, i have no sympathy...Just look at how the top programs stockpile great prospects...They know these kids will have to wait their turn...But they promise them all early playing time

Right now, it looks like she isn't going to play at all. Hope that's incorrect.

It doesn't look that way to me...I think she'll get the waiver in a week or so, maybe less...What Dawn cares about is having her a few weeks before the games that matter are played...I am talking about late Feb and Mar...If the NCAA was gonna say no they would have already done it..They know the young lady has already missed a whole season...Sitting out another season makes no sense from any perspective

Really agree with this, and hope the rule isn't passed. Bama would suddently have a HS recruiting staff, and a college recruiting staff.

As well they should...Do whatever it takes to win...I hope we would do the same

I bet if Geno has something on the table, the NCAA would get right to it. I’m really sick of the NCAA in its present form.

Why not make transfers immediately eligible? The good ones will just bunch up at Alabama for football and Duke for basketball. Sorry for being so bitter, just sick of the aristocracy.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I bet if Geno has something on the table, the NCAA would get right to it. I’m really sick of the NCAA in its present form.

Why not make transfers immediately eligible? The good ones will just bunch up at Alabama for football and Duke for basketball. Sorry for being so bitter, just sick of the aristocracy.

This is exactly why the "power 5" were chatting about managing themselves.

Reactions: 92Pony and GCDC1959
Is there any transparency to the process. Like deadlines for returning emails, open meetings, etc.?

There’s no standard or acceptable accountability for the NCAA to be held to.

It’s like above the law type crap....

@SCcocks4ever... I gotta ask why you think there is "purposeful manipulation of our WBB program." ???

Maybe a better way to put it was to say our program is being judged with different sets of rules. A good case in point is the Notre Dame transfer that Ms. Muffett was able to get eligible immediately. That girl should have had to sit out a year just like Jennings last year, and Kaela and Alisha the year before. Its seems obvious there are two sets of rules......one set the University of South Carolina has to follow and are strictly enforced and another set that schools like Notre Dame, UNC, etc., does not follow and is not enforced.(by the NCAA).
It has gotten old and something needs to be done.

Reactions: cockylady50
that's already taking place in basketball...I see your point and somewhat agree...But the way football coaches lie to these kids about playing time, i have no sympathy...Just look at how the top programs stockpile great prospects...They know these kids will have to wait their turn...But they promise them all early playing time
Unbridled transferring without some sort of braking system would wreck college sports completely.

May be a dumb question, but it's the end of a day... Is there anything fans could do? Letters? Calls?

Asking for a friend.

GOCOCKS! BEATFLA! BEATARK!

Maybe a better way to put it was to say our program is being judged with different sets of rules. A good case in point is the Notre Dame transfer that Ms. Muffett was able to get eligible immediately. That girl should have had to sit out a year just like Jennings last year, and Kaela and Alisha the year before. Its seems obvious there are two sets of rules......one set the University of South Carolina has to follow and are strictly enforced and another set that schools like Notre Dame, UNC, etc., does not follow and is not enforced.(by the NCAA).
It has gotten old and something needs to be done.

Oh poor South Carolina.. NCAA is always picking on us.

While I agree the player at Notre Dame should not have been given a waiver this year to play, we are asking for the exact same thing to happen. Tia Cooper has not sat out two semesters as supposedly the NCAA rules states, thus she supposedly should not be granted a waiver. The difference is, she sat out last year at UT because of an injury, so she technically has not played for over a year, thus Dawn asking for a waiver because she technically has not played competively for more than one year. She is not a hardship waiver request (that I know of), more of a -she sat out last year, let's just count that.

It took Notre Dame two months to hear that their waiver was granted. By their timeline, we should hear something on T'ia Cooper around February 18.

Oh poor South Carolina.. NCAA is always picking on us.

While I agree the player at Notre Dame should not have been given a waiver this year to play, we are asking for the exact same thing to happen. Tia Cooper has not sat out two semesters as supposedly the NCAA rules states, thus she supposedly should not be granted a waiver. The difference is, she sat out last year at UT because of an injury, so she technically has not played for over a year, thus Dawn asking for a waiver because she technically has not played competively for more than one year. She is not a hardship waiver request (that I know of), more of a -she sat out last year, let's just count that.

It took Notre Dame two months to hear that their waiver was granted. By their timeline, we should hear something on T'ia Cooper around February 18.

You know, you may be right. Considering how long it took to "clear" UNC (what 6 years or so?) why in the hell would I expect them to have a Tea' cleared within a sane amount of time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT