ADVERTISEMENT

5PM Friday is going to make it tough parking at the CLA

Kmart84

Gold Member
May 23, 2013
All the lots around the CLA will be full with student cars. The garage will still have cars from people working. There will be shuttles from the Framers Market at WB, and Capital City Stadium from what I have been told. Doors will open at 4 so plan accordingly.

This post was edited on 3/16 9:40 PM by Kmart84

This post was edited on 3/16 9:41 PM by Kmart84

Really happy about the Greensboro seeding, but they did us no favors with a 5pm start. Going to be tough to pack the CLA with the parking challenges you describe, work conflicts, etc.
I'm sure we will have a good crowd, but wish we were the later game.

The 5PM game was requested by Dawn to give the team more rest between games.

Originally posted by Kmart84:
can 3 hours make that much difference? In any case, we'll be there but it is going to be hard to sell it out because of the 5 o'clock start....would much rather have had the later game.

Wouldn't matter if it was an 11am start, I'd be there.......so happy to see tournament ball back in Columbia!!!

I'm not sure we'd sell out even if it was a 7:00 or 8:00 game. We beat this team earlier in the year by 62 points, and this one's likely to be over by half.

I have not seen any Sunday times announced yet. As for Dawn requesting the early game she did that when the bid was submitted. The ticket office and others in the department tried to tell her that the later game would be better as far as parking, but she still wanted the early game.

Park at the Lady Street Garage in the Vista, the Convention Center Garage on Pendleton Street, the city garage on Washington Street or at one of the shuttle sites. How many times have we been able to play an NCAAT game at home?

I'll be there. According to this e-mail I just got, "Due to the gracious efforts of the Gamecock Club chapters and the Department of Student Life, student tickets for Round 1 and 2 are FREE to you!" And I thought my last home game would be an ultimately disappointing loss to Arkansas... thanks Gamecock Club!

Excuses, kiss my behind, I love everything about Coach, but 5 o'clock pretty much eliminates anybody outside of Columbia.Most get off early, sorry but I don't live in your world agree with another poster, how much difference is 3 hrs in you home town when the Sunday game is at night.Sorry but Coach missed the boat on this one,still love her to death.

Originally posted by Kmart84:
Or maybe to have the team sit together for the second game and scout the opponent for Sunday. Not practical to scout the first game if you're playing in the second game.

Keep in mind that the DMSB is having the Darla Moore portrait unveiling Friday @ 4:30. Might be another 250 - 500 cars parked in that vicinity as well.

Since the baseball team is out of town this week, they should do a shuttle. Let people park near the stadium and shuttle them to the CLA. That would help a little.

Originally posted by USCAndy:
Most get off early on Friday anyway.
Do they live in this world?
Wizard-of-Oz.jpg

"...but it is going to be hard to sell it out because of the 5 o'clock start...."

It's going to be hard to sell it out anyway. Our girls have had great, great crowds this year, but did not have a sellout. They had a 16,000 and a 17,000, but most of the other big games it was more like 12 or 13,000. It is really, really hard to sellout Colonial Life Arena.

FWIW, I think Dawn said on Monday that they had sold 6,000 tickets. Now, that number has now surely gone up, and I would expect a robust walk-up crowd, but it will still be tough to sell the building completely out.

According to the Gamecock Club the NCAA determined that the Gamecocks play at 5,, not Dawn Staley.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT