ADVERTISEMENT

'80 Jawga vs Us on SEC Network

I can't watch it. I saw it the first time. That's the game that could have made all the difference for Carlen going forward.

I remember I couldn't believe they put George back in the game after coming out with a hand injury then giving him the ball.

I remember I couldn't believe they put George back in the game after coming out with a hand injury then giving him the ball.
He was the nation's leading rusher after all. Yet it was Carl West who scored our only touchdown in that game - from 30-something yards out, I think. All that game - and season - proved was that Herschel Walker was the best player in the country - even as a freshman. And he rushed for more than 230 yards in this game. I haven't seen the game since the day it was played, but I'll never forget how we lost it. Even after George's fumble, we forced Georgia to punt and would have at least had another crack at scoring. But then we roughed the punter. They retained possession and ran out the clock. Loser football in the fourth quarter.

I was there and the ugaly fans were just as bad back then. That was a tough ticket to get as I recall. I was a sophomore. Where does time go.

Last edited:
I just saw Ray Goff on the Carolina sideline.

Man it was fun when he was on the sideline. Too early to tell but they may have Ray Goff II on their hands right now.

Mutts are pretty quiet and this is usually their favorite time of year

I watched some of that last night. I saw one shot of the UGA sideline where was a "Bobo" (player) on the sideline - Mike Bobo?

Always interesting to watch those old games and see how 'little' guys were then compared to now. Heard the announcers talking about a couple of big SC players Andrew Provence (and someone else) at 250-255lbs!

Sorry but, I can't help but mention the 'scoreboard' itself.

The $20MM Megatrons were not in vogue yet but, somehow the game was still played. Oh! My!! Gawd!!!

Reactions: 92Pony
Sorry but, I can't help but mention the 'scoreboard' itself.

The $20MM Megatrons were not in vogue yet but, somehow the game was still played. Oh! My!! Gawd!!!
I noticed that. By today's standards, that scoreboard was pretty pitiful! Now, high schools have better! LOL

Man it was fun when he was on the sideline. Too early to tell but they may have Ray Goff II on their hands right now.

Mutts are pretty quiet and this is usually their favorite time of year

Getting ready for our trip to the SEC champinship. I think there is at least the same chance USC has Ray GoffII on their hands as we do. Time will tell on that one. If Kirby fails and Muschamp is successful, we will hire him.

Getting ready for our trip to the SEC champinship. I think there is at least the same chance USC has Ray GoffII on their hands as we do. Time will tell on that one. If Kirby fails and Muschamp is successful, we will hire him.
Atta boy Grumpy always have that plan B ready;).

High hopes for a team that lost at home to Vandy and Georgia Tech last season. Not to mention barely pulling out games against Nicholls Kentucky and Missouri.

Yes you beat us, but Perry Orth looked like Dan Marino against that Swiss cheese D. Bentley will be better against it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT