ADVERTISEMENT

A couple things about Akron.

PC31

Apr 30, 2005
The Zips are 1-2 with losses to Ohio St and Rutgers. A win over Colgate. They are tied for first in the MAC. Looks like they are mostly a passing team with a change of pace running QB that has gotten around 30 snaps. Ranked 78th in passing, 121st in rushing. Scoring 18 a game and giving up 40 but getting stomped by Ohio St skews that I would bet. Still I do like how that sounds.
They throw more to the TE and RB but have a couple WR's, Norton and Golden that appear to do most of the damage.
Seems like they are tailor made for us to beat. Lawd I hope so. Go Cocks!
Kickoff is 7:30 In Williams-Brice and on ESPNU.

I notice they only have 2 sacks so far, both by the DL so I assume our QB is not going to be under a ton of pressure. I just hope we don't make what looks like should not be an exciting game exciting.

I hope we come out focused and are able to run and pass and don't try to be one dimensional. We need to get a lead on this team and go in at halftime comfortably ahead.

I take no team for granted.

It's important for us to develop an offensive identity- one that is multiple and I'd like to see us able to develop a short passing game.

What I'd really like to see is us get the ball to a wideout close to the line of scrimmage and let him run with the ball after the catch and develop our own version of a Bruce Ellington or Debo type offensive package.

We don't have those two guys on our team or anyone like them but it's important to try to put something like that in the playbook.

Reactions: PC31
I just noticed the line is 27 and the Zips O/U for wins is 3 1/2 soooooo I feel good about the win!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT