ADVERTISEMENT

A few words on Hilinski from Jeff Sentel at the Atlanta Journal....

kckd

Aug 8, 2001
I linked the webpage to Dawgnation Daily, the AJC's Bulldog podcast. Obviously you will not be interested in hearing much of that and the host makes no bones about it, he's all Dawg. But if you'll go to the 24:30 mark, there's about 4 minutes of them talking about Ryan. Let's just say Sentel is very high on him and you'll probably like what he has to say. He doesn't think he'll be a three or maybe even a four star by the end of the recruiting cycle. Talks some about the competition in California he's been up against. Fair warning: there is a swipe at your spring game attendance. https://www.dawgnation.com/football...ia-football-podcast-jake-fromm-uga-04-06-2018

Well I've lived to see it.

The overwhelming amount of time most posters on the forum treat the AJC and it it's writers like a pariah, now some nice words about a recruit and now their legit.

The overwhelming amount of time most posters on the forum treat the AJC and it it's writers like a pariah, now some nice words about a recruit and now their legit.
I think it’s univerally accepted that Hilinski is a legit high 4 to 5 Star.

I don't know if you're saying they are pro UGA, but most Dawgs certainly don't feel that way. Pretty obvious sometimes that their headlines are meant to present a story in as negative light as possible. If a recruit decommits, and it's obvious from the guys covering the team (even Sentel) that UGA is the one who backed off and probably told him they don't have room any more, the headline will read "UGA loses 4 star commit" or something like that. Generally, I think their headline writers aim for click bait instead of presenting the truth of the story in the headlines.

Would not be top rated qb ever to come to usc. Todd ellis was ranked # 1 in the nation when we got him.
Yeah, he turned out pretty good, but the recruiting rankings were pretty bad back then. Just way better guys analyzing it now and way more opportunities for them to see these guys matched up against other outstanding kids. I'm looking at how the top 20 SEC recruits have done the past few years and their ability to get it right has improved quite a bit just in the last 5 to 6 years or so. You're always gonna have some total misses in there, but if he's a top 5 QB, he's much more likely to be at least good if not great than years past.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT