ADVERTISEMENT

A Superstitious Fan's Agonizing Choice

samuraicock

Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
Taipei, Taiwan
As a lifelong Braves/Gamecocks fan, I have known my share of torment, occasionally interrupted by moments of utter joy. It's pretty heavy on the torment, though.

As luck (I think (hope?) that's what it is) would have it, October 10 is a national holiday in Taiwan. The winner-take-all Game 5 between the Braves and Cards will start at 5:00 in the morning, and so it's entirely possible I could rouse myself at 4:30, get the coffee going, and watch the game live start-to-finish. Do I want to, though, or should I shield my eyes, and just wait to see the score upon waking? Will the flapping of this butterfly's wings positively or adversely affect my beloved Braves?
What about the appropriate placement of things like the remote control on the table, or the choice of breakfast snacks?

To chop, or not to chop? And what about my idiot freshman year roommate's habit of hurling of "spooky dust" at the TV? Has my playful continued mockery of his act all those years ago created bad karma?

Screw it. Maybe I'll just crack open a beer, grab some Doritos, and let the chips (literally) fall where they may.

Gawd, I hate Game Fives.

man-beer-chips-watching-tv-260nw-71677819.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News