ADVERTISEMENT

ACC or SEC officials for USC-Clem game? ***

They are ACC officials. The ACC stands to lose $17 million if Clemson gets bumped from the playoffs. Expect a lot of flags on the Gamecocks for holding and interference, both very subjective calls.
This. 1000x this!

Weak sauce already crying and complaining about the officiating several days before the game is played.....how about winning the game and leaving no doubt. How about stomping a my whole in someone and not letting any call effect the outcome?

Thanks for correcting the misinformation in this thread. You are correct.

Thats not totally true. There is an extra payout for having a team in the final four but its not much when you consider its split between the teams. Heres a paragraph from USA Today.

In addition to the annual revenue split, conferences will receive $6 million per team participating in the semifinals, and $4 million per team participating in the so-called "host" bowls, the person said. Notre Dame will receive the same amount if it reaches the playoffs or plays in a "host" bowl. There's no additional payout for advancing to the championship game.

I prefer the ACC officials. Our SEC officials are the worst. They even tackle our players literally...

It's the ACC and is a HUGE reason we'll have problems even tho Clemson's supposed to win! They can't allow Clemson to lose (we'll get some calls but not threatening ones)! Clemson is their best chance for the playoffs - even over Miami IMO! Even if the tigers beat Miami with a loss to us will kill their chances (or certainly SHOULD)! They gotta keep Clemson in the picture for the "selectors"! We just have to beat them straight up if we have a chance - can't count on a fairly called game - not gonna happen!

Reactions: tl from little hell
It's the ACC and is a HUGE reason we'll have problems even tho Clemson's supposed to win! They can't allow Clemson to lose (we'll get some calls but not threatening ones)! Clemson is their best chance for the playoffs - even over Miami IMO! Even if the tigers beat Miami with a loss to us will kill their chances (or certainly SHOULD)! They gotta keep Clemson in the picture for the "selectors"! We just have to beat them straight up if we have a chance - can't count on a fairly called game - not gonna happen!
Did you have a problem with how the game was called 2 years ago? Same situation, same conference crew.

The excuse-making before you even lose is baffling.

Did you have a problem with how the game was called 2 years ago? Same situation, same conference crew.

The excuse-making before you even lose is baffling.
Actually I DID have a problem with "how the game was called 2 years ago" and Clemson won a VERY close game with a couple of questionable calls toward the end!

Actually I DID have a problem with "how the game was called 2 years ago" and Clemson won a VERY close game with a couple of questionable calls toward the end!
Oh? What calls did you have an issue with? I’ve honestly never heard the complaint that a bad callmor two changed this game. Losing a close game doesn’t mean the refs screwed your team (and if we’re being honest, the game wasn’t anywhere as “close” as the final score might indicate).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT