ADVERTISEMENT

After 5 years, Martin has put us on the map in the basketball world....

That's right. To get to this point considering where he started, future is very bright! Go Gamecocks!!!

Frank has done more with less building up the program. Now let's see if he can do more with more. Need to get a couple of Thornwells per class. Martin now has more to work with when he makes his pitch to the blue chippers. Run with it.
He will need to bring in top-tier talent to make another deep run soon. But he secured his job for awhile to come, so he'll get his opportunity. Nice job by all concerned.

They may be really good, but they won't hit shots like they did tonight. Goss won't put up 25 pts. either.

I did not know this, but Frank Martin's 26 wins this season is the best ever by any other coach in Carolina's history...

Frank Martin tied Frank McGuire with 25 wins last year... And if you compare the two records, Frank Martin has had a better first 5 years than Frank McGuire...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_McGuire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Martin_(basketball)

Oh, BTW... Never hire a coach on April Fools day....On April 1, 2008, Darrin Horn was named the new head basketball coach at USC Talk about an April Fools... We sure did get April Fooled big time!!!

We covered the spread in the national semi final.....dayumm.

We have come so far. We were a laughingstock of an sec team and school. He has done a great job. Has given us pride where we had none before. Guess what? Now I have seen our logo on a national stage for the first time in my life!! Thank you coach!!!!!

Going to be a lot easier to continue building up round ball after this.
Just like with that other sport...what is it...football?...if we don't use this success to get high end talent it will be short lived.

Any top talent kids in SC FL and the rest of the southeast and up north. They need to be drilling it into these kids heads how good we can continue to be. We went to the final four this year, no other sec team was there. We were we have talent and come into the fold and we will take you back to the final 4 and win it this time.

We had an epic run, damn fine run. If sin was 100% we wld have crushed them. Just don't let our run go to waste on the recruiting front.

Just like with that other sport...what is it...football?...if we don't use this success to get high end talent it will be short lived.

Somehow I don't think we have to worry about Frank Martin giving critically important jobs to his unqualified family, hiring explosively incompetent assistant coaches, and deciding to put things in cruise control so that he can get more time on the golf course. But maybe it's just me.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
He has done one of the best program-building jobs of any coach in any sport that I can remember. And to think people were discounting his success at KSU because he inherited Huggy's program and wasn't a program builder himself, ROTFLMAO!

Thanks to Frank Martin and this team for making the impossible dream a reality at USC. From now til forever, let it be known that it is possible for South Carolina men's basketball to accomplish amazing things!

Reactions: vacock#
Getting to a Final Four is etched in stone. No one can ever again say, "South Carolina will never make it to the Final Four." We did it. It happened. Be happy.
I was happy last week. Time to get over being happy and start making it happen again. Otherwise, we'll be just another Utah, George Mason, VCU, Georgia, or Jacksonville - all teams that were happy to make the Final Four in days gone by.

I was happy last week. Time to get over being happy and start making it happen again. Otherwise, we'll be just another Utah, George Mason, VCU, Georgia, or Jacksonville - all teams that were happy to make the Final Four in days gone by.

I hate to break this to you, but our program's success doesn't depend on whether you are happy. It depends on who is at the helm. And we have a very, very good coach leading this program. He won't rest, but that doesn't mean we can't revel in the greatest accomplishment in the history of USC men's basketball! Go Cocks!

Reactions: davidusc
I hate to break this to you, but our program's success doesn't depend on whether you are happy. It depends on who is at the helm. And we have a very, very good coach leading this program. He won't rest, but that doesn't mean we can't revel in the greatest accomplishment in the history of USC men's basketball! Go Cocks!
That was a total non sequitur. I wonder if you even realize that?

How good could we have been if Frank didn't have to kick off some of the younger players? Would they have made a difference assuming they "got" with the program?

As long as we have Frank and Dawn running basketball we will be fine. I think they both want build top notch programs where they are competing for championships year in and year out. And believe it or not South Carolina is the perfect place to so, in basically every sport. Time will tell with Will and it will take some time.

So many advantages when recruiting a player to Columbia. South Carolina is a dynamic state. From Columbia you can do anything in a 2hr drive. Very few schools can be on the beach one minute and in the mountains the next. Or on a lake or river y'all get the drift. I can go on and on about how many benefits there are. But the point is why would a coach leave? As long as they can put up with the few haters they can have it made here.
The future is bright for us, just PAY Frank and Dawn and give Will a year or 2.

If you look at Frank McGuire's record and compare it to Frank Martin, Martin has a better record and they both just hitting the lime light in the 5th year...

It's a good omen...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT