ADVERTISEMENT

Akron

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
obviously we have a lot to think about before that game but if we think we’ll come in and dominate and get an easy win we better think again. This team already has a win over a B10 Championship Game representative in Northwestern. I don’t think the Wildcats are that good of a team but neither are we.

Game sets up for a major letdown. We better be prepared or I could see us being the laughing stock of college football that day having scheduled a game to get a win and losing.

obviously we have a lot to think about before that game but if we think we’ll come in and dominate and get an easy win we better think again. This team already has a win over a B10 Championship Game representative in Northwestern. I don’t think the Wildcats are that good of a team but neither are we.

Game sets up for a major letdown. We better be prepared or I could see us being the laughing stock of college football that day having scheduled a game to get a win and losing.

YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT!!!!! The game actually scares me.

If we can go 7-5 after Akron, we need to stay home!

We should have been looking at 8-4 this morning...

Reactions: Brace1
Honestly if Clemson drops 60 on us .... who cares . I bet there won’t be 30,000 people in the stands for the last game . What’s the point of rescheduling it other than $$$ . How many of you guys are gonna drive to Birmingham and watch us struggle to beat Eastern Illinois in a bowl Game ?! Hell if I lived in Birmingham I’m not driving to Birmingham to watch it . Guess we need that Birmingham bowl victory to impress the hordes of 5 Stars lined up to come here .

Reactions: Pole and Brace1
Honestly if Clemson drops 60 on us .... who cares . I bet there won’t be 30,000 people in the stands for the last game . What’s the point of rescheduling it other than $$$ . How many of you guys are gonna drive to Birmingham and watch us struggle to beat Eastern Illinois in a bowl Game ?! Hell if I lived in Birmingham I’m not driving to Birmingham to watch it . Guess we need that Birmingham bowl victory to impress the hordes of 5 Stars lined up to come here .

Unfortunately I’m too dumb to not watch our bowl game regardless of who or where we play. I wont go, but I’ll watch.

And if there is a game, I definitely would rather win it than lose it. Beating Akron would be much better than losing to them.

Reactions: booref and 92Pony
So you gone from no 6-6 team should go to a bowl game. To no 7-5 team should go to a bowl. Seems to be a pattern.

You have to go to a bowl if invited. Players get free stuff. Some of these players will never eat or be catered to like they are on even the worst bowl trips. It sounds great to say turn it down, but other teams aren’t...why should we?

I remember the days of gettting to a bowl game about once every 6-7 years of not longer. We should never even consider turning one down. If we were 5-7 and not enough teams to fill bowls, we should go wherever they would have us.

Does Akron have the word "Coastal" in the name of the school? Is their mascot a commodore? If the answer to both of those questions is "no," then I fully expect it to be a competitive game. I think we will win, but this isn't going to be a domination. And coming a week after an epic beatdown by Clemson, this game will be played in front of an angry fanbase, many of whom will come dressed as empty seats.

Reactions: Pole
Maybe Bama will let our 1st team defense travel as their Practice Squad during bowl season . Saban might be able to teach them how to make a tackle .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT