ADVERTISEMENT

GREAT WIN!!! Don’t downplay it, UK is a great team

Bucs90

Sep 22, 2019
Im thrilled tonight, I think Kentucky is maybe the 4th or 5th best team on our schedule this year, they’re a good team and we got the win! This sets up a massive game, Saturday night!! WB stadium will be insane next week.

Finishing this season 7-6 (yes it would require a bowl win) would be simply put a miraculous turnaround from where we were midseason.

Im thrilled tonight, I think Kentucky is maybe the 4th or 5th best team on our schedule this year, they’re a good team and we got the win! This sets up a massive game, Saturday night!! WB stadium will be insane next week.

Finishing this season 7-6 (yes it would require a bowl win) would be simply put a miraculous turnaround from where we were midseason.

Agreed, great win.

Keeps bowl hopes alive.

I'd be surprised. He will be taking them to their 8th straight bowl. A couple of his teams have finished in the Top 15. If they did let him go, he'd eventually get another HC job, imho.

Yeah, he's the epitome of "lowered expectations". (If anyone remembers that old SNL skit)

Reactions: gamecock stock
Yeah, he's the epitome of "lowered expectations". (If anyone remembers that old SNL skit)
Yep if UK fired Stoops Id beg Beamer to hire him in any role possible. Hes an incredible coach. People forget how bad Kentucky always was

I won't sugar coat it... I hate Kentucky. I am happy for the team to pull out the W last night. We have a chance to make a bowl with another win. Wish we could have pulled off a better season than we have but I recognize we need some improvement in several areas to be a complete football team. Go Cocks!

It was a good win given the circumstances of a must win, but they got outplayed by KY for the most part. Winning the turnover battle 3-0 should have made it a much more comfortable win at home, thankfully KY abandoned the run late in the game and didn't bring pressure on the 3rd and longs on the final scoring drive. It'll take more than this kinda effort next weekend.

Reactions: 92Pony
It was a good win given the circumstances of a must win, but they got outplayed by KY for the most part. Winning the turnover battle 3-0 should have made it a much more comfortable win at home, thankfully KY abandoned the run late in the game and didn't bring pressure on the 3rd and longs on the final scoring drive. It'll take more than this kinda effort next weekend.
Those kind of comments could be made to describe just about any winning football team in a close game. Winning an SEC game is not easy.

Reactions: Ward Jr
It was a needed win. I wouldn’t call it a great win. Kentucky isn’t very good this year. They are a far cry from the team Stoops has had the last few years. Something up there just didn’t click this year. It was absolutely a game you should win at home with a matchup of two mid level SEC teams. But far from a great, or program changing win.

Reactions: bayrooster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT