ADVERTISEMENT

In short, what would salvage the 2023 wreck?

I thought everyone was in agreement on beating clemson salvaging at least a little of the season. Which comment are you referring to?

Ones like "Nothing less than achieving bowl eligibility would constitute "saving" the season" and "No salvaging it knowing how bad we will be next year."

Reactions: Lurker123
Mizzou actually has a decent amount of talent in-state if you consider that we are the only major program in our state. If we just keep our own kids at home, we would be way ahead in the recruiting game. The problem is that our major population centers are on the borders of the state. Traditionally Nebraska, kansas State and kansas have all at least attempted to compete for kansas City recruits. On the East side, Notre Dame, Ohio State try to cherry pick St. Louis and Illinois and others are in on the next tier of kids.

NIL is giving us the ability to keep kids home (at least so far). If it stays that way, we may actually be ahead of schools in more talent-rich states who have to share the talent with other schools. Time will tell.
I don't disagree generally, but you did lose Wingo. I was surprised, I was sure he was going to Missouri.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT