ADVERTISEMENT

That was a great win; Tennessee is critical, for both teams

Bucs90

Sep 22, 2019
Miss Sts QB is elite, one of the SECs All Time passing leaders, im not that concerned with giving up points, we won and the offense looked pretty good.

Now Tennessee, a critical game for both programs. We scorched em last year. So they’re clearly beatable. If they lose and fall to 3-2, by their 2023 hopes and dreams its a disaster. If we lose and fall to 2-3, same for us. But a win, and 3-2, with 3 of our 4 toughest opponents past us, and a bye week, and we could be shaping up for 8 wins or more.

Dang this is a critical game coming up

We are exactly where I thought we'd be after 4 games....2-2. In the preseason, I had Tennessee down as a loss. I still expect that on Saturday. I hope I'm wrong.

You had us losing to UNC?

That would put you in the vast minority of the fanbase.

Yes and so did the oddsmakers and the pollsters. And last I checked, UNC was undefeated and primed to make it into the national Top 15 this week.

Feels like revisionist history at this point. Very few Gamecock fans were predicting a loss.

Feels like revisionist history at this point. Very few Gamecock fans were predicting a loss.
I don't post on this site often. I don't even read this site often. It seems to me that you are purposively trying to be contentious. I was not referring to anyone else on this site. I was referring to me and how I saw the UNC game prior to that game. The oddsmakers had us as the underdog going into the game. That's a FACT. The pollsters had UNC nationally-ranked ahead of us going into the game. That, too, is a FACT. UNC is undefeated and primed to break into the Top 15. Those are FACTS, too.

As to whether you are purposively trying to be contentious, those who read and post on this site often, can answer that.

I don't post on this site often. I don't even read this site often. It seems to me that you are purposively trying to be contentious. I was not referring to anyone else on this site. I was referring to me and how I saw the UNC game prior to that game. The oddsmakers had us as the underdog going into the game. That's a FACT. The pollsters had UNC nationally-ranked ahead of us going into the game. That, too, is a FACT. UNC is undefeated and primed to break into the Top 15. Those are FACTS, too.

As to whether you are purposively trying to be contentious, those who read and post on this site often, can answer that.

To be fair, he may not be remembering you specifically.

To my memory, there were a lot of people discussing a weak ACC team, a trash Oline and their best wr not playing etc. It definitely seemed like most were counting it a win. But that is a generality, not specific posters.

To my memory, there were a lot of people discussing a weak ACC team, a trash Oline and their best wr not playing etc. It definitely seemed like most were counting it a win. But that is a generality, not specific posters.
I agree with that. The same is true on the other site. Too often, we Carolina fans (garnet type) get too optimistic. I try to be realistic. Even he alludes to the "vast majority" thinking we would beat UNC. Alluding to that does not mean "all" Gamecock fans. Regardless of optimism, we were the underdogs going into the game and UNC was nationally-ranked and ahead of us going into the game. And UNC is undefeated and look to now land in the Top 15. Seems to me he is sticking his head in the sand trying to ignore the facts. As I think you recall, Lurker, I was not a fan of the Beamer hire. And, as I know you know, I have been critical of some of his hires. But when he deserves it, have to give him credit when credit is due . It makes no sense to use Beamer as a toilet '"just because".

Reactions: Lurker123

Yeah it's weird how UNC went from an awful overrated team to suddenly being a legitimate top 15 team.

The reality is more likely they just haven't played anyone yet.

I agree with that. The same is true on the other site. Too often, we Carolina fans (garnet type) get too optimistic. I try to be realistic. Even he alludes to the "vast majority" thinking we would beat UNC. Alluding to that does not mean "all" Gamecock fans. Regardless of optimism, we were the underdogs going into the game and UNC was nationally-ranked and ahead of us going into the game. And UNC is undefeated and look to now land in the Top 15. Seems to me he is sticking his head in the sand trying to ignore the facts. As I think you recall, Lurker, I was not a fan of the Beamer hire. And, as I know you know, I have been critical of some of his hires. But when he deserves it, have to give him credit when credit is due . It makes no sense to use Beamer as a toilet '"just because".

I get a good laugh out of the fact that you and I are so diametrically opposed when it comes to politics, and yet so strangely in sync when it comes to sports.

Reactions: gamecock stock
Yeah it's weird how UNC went from an awful overrated team to suddenly being a legitimate top 15 team.

As with all things, the cop out answer is the truth is in the middle.

UNC was bashed prior to the game, but we didn't give enough credit. They are a good team. We also overestimated ourselves. It's also true they haven't hit a good team yet.

But every fan base gives no credit to opponents, and too much to themselves. As a generality.

I get a good laugh out of the fact that you and I are so diametrically opposed when it comes to politics, and yet so strangely in sync when it comes to sports.
Yeah. LOL. I get a good laugh out of that too. But life is more than about politics, and, for that matter, sports, too.

• Love
As with all things, the cop out answer is the truth is in the middle.

UNC was bashed prior to the game, but we didn't give enough credit. They are a good team. We also overestimated ourselves. It's also true they haven't hit a good team yet.

But every fan base gives no credit to opponents, and too much to themselves. As a generality.
Exactly. I'm not saying that UNC is going to win their division, much less their conference. As I said on the other site PRIOR to our game: UNC has talent. Mack Brown recruits well. He always recruits well. They are not some doormat to be walked all over.

- With UNC we played the best QB on our schedule.

- With UGA was the best overall team on our schedule.

The rest of the games will be ugly dog fights but we could win out. Not likely but possible.

Last edited:
- With UNC we played the best QB on our schedule.

- With UGA was the best overall team on our schedule.

The rest of the games will be ugly dog fights but we could win out. Not likely but possible.
No doubt. Latest rankings has Georgia number 1, UNC number 15, Tennessee number 21, Florida number 22 and Missouri number 23. Though rankings are not perfect, they give you a pretty good idea of what you have encountered and what the road before you looks like.

Awful? I don't remember anybody saying they were awful. Their defense looked terrible last year, but everybody knew Maye is a top QB pick in the draft, and anytime you have that, you have a chance to win some games. It was one of those games just like Miss St. It could have gone either way. Always about matchups. Their Dline won the game for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT