ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama

As many as he cares to endure before he decides to retire.
I’m not sure. I think he’s created a 2 headed monster. 2 losses a year won’t cut it for long with that fan base particularly when it keeps them out of the SEC championship game. Not to say that I expect them to continue losing 2 a year.

Wonder if they do the coach in waiting thing?

That was a short-lived experiment. Never worked anywhere it was tried.

I’m not sure. I think he’s created a 2 headed monster. 2 losses a year won’t cut it for long with that fan base particularly when it keeps them out of the SEC championship game. Not to say that I expect them to continue losing 2 a year.

Yeah, he's created a scenario where anything less than a national title feels like a failure. That said, I don't think most Bama fans have forgotten the decade from 1997-2006.

Reactions: DocSmith89
He returned them to a level of dominance they had despaired of seeing again after several head coaching whiffs. Unless the program completely tanks, he will never be pushed out. And if it goes in that direction, he'll do what Spurrier did, only not at mid-season.

He returned them to a level of dominance they had despaired of seeing again after several head coaching whiffs. Unless the program completely tanks, he will never be pushed out. And if it goes in that direction, he'll do what Spurrier did, only not at mid-season.
This. He will be allowed to leave on his own terms, as was Bear.

Reactions: king ward
No one’s ever accused football fans of being logical. It’s what have you done for me lately? He created a monster and they’ve already accepted that they’ve been penciled in for one of the playoff spots from here to eternity.

No one’s ever accused football fans of being logical. It’s what have you done for me lately? He created a monster and they’ve already accepted that they’ve been penciled in for one of the playoff spots from here to eternity.
Unless God takes him out, Saban will leave on his own when he leaves. Period. End of statement.

Reactions: DocSmith89
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT