ADVERTISEMENT

Always knew it but now it's official

what?? 2 stars? Has a good recruit list. PK show taters were recruiting. Of course house taters will disagree they recruited him.
Glad we got him. Go Cocks

Reactions: BigTomE
So like the NYC pipeline McGuire had in basketball, you're saying Muschamp is cultivating a Mexico pipeline for football recruits?? Arriba!!

I'll say whatever I want...m'kay...thanks. You can go cry in one of your safe spaces if need be.

And ask me how much I care how "people like me" make you feel.

Let me tell you how people like you make me feel. I feel very sorry for you, if Jesus makes you want to gag! And for your information, I don't have any safe places.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Let me tell you how people like you make me feel. I feel very sorry for you, if Jesus makes you want to gag! And for your information, I don't have any safe places.

Jesus doesn't make me gag...people who have to shoehorn him into every conversation ad nauseam OTOH...yeah.

Man, you are one sick puppy.

Been called worse. And yep...my sense of humor is way dark.

Jesus doesn't make me gag...people who have to shoehorn him into every conversation ad nauseam OTOH...yeah.

Been called worse. And yep...my sense of humor is way dark.

Well, think of all the good that has been done in the name of Jesus. Look at how many poor people have been feed as a result of the name of Jesus, how many hospitals have been built by people that believe in Jesus, how many orphanages have been built, etc. I've never walked by a hospital, orphanage, etc and seen a plaque on the wall that said this hospital was built by people that gag on the name of Jesus.

Reactions: Shadow86
Well, think of all the good that has been done in the name of Jesus. Look at how many poor people have been feed as a result of the name of Jesus, how many hospitals have been built by people that believe in Jesus, how many orphanages have been built, etc. I've never walked by a hospital, orphanage, etc and seen a plaque on the wall that said this hospital was built by people that gag on the name of Jesus.

Yep...and no one has ever been killed in the name of jesus/god either, huh?

And there are also PLENTY of non-religious folks who donate time, money, resources, etc. to good causes. Just sayin'.

Yep...and no one has ever been killed in the name of jesus/god either, huh?

And there are also PLENTY of non-religious folks who donate time, money, resources, etc. to good causes. Just sayin'.
That's an old argument and reply and it still doesn't help the case. Better study the man in depth before using his name in an old talking point. Jesus never called for anyone to die, that was his job to do, and if you use his name in replace of Allahu Akbar they you don't know him.

That's an old argument and reply and it still doesn't help the case. Better study the man in depth before using his name in an old talking point. Jesus never called for anyone to die, that was his job to do, and if you use his name in replace of Allahu Akbar they you don't know him.

That's not the point. He said look at all the good done in jesus's name...I stated look at all the killing done in his name. Doesn't matter if he called for anyone to do it or not it still has happened...in his name...for centuries.

That's not the point. He said look at all the good done in jesus's name...I stated look at all the killing done in his name. Doesn't matter if he called for anyone to do it or not it still has happened...in his name...for centuries.
I'd like to read about or see the examples but we can move on.

The Crusades.

The Inquisition.

The Genocide of the Native Americans.

The Witch Hunts.

The Ku Klux Klan.

Abortion clinic bombings / Murder of David Gunn.

Want me to keep going?
An act in the name of a religion is not an act in the name of Jesus. When you can show me proof Jesus advocated any of these actions I will change my view. The "Prince of peace" name won't carry any meaning then. Oh yeah BEAT STATE too.

The Crusades.

The Inquisition.

The Genocide of the Native Americans.

The Witch Hunts.

The Ku Klux Klan.

Abortion clinic bombings / Murder of David Gunn.

Want me to keep going?

What you just listed is a bunch of disillusioned, misinformed, hate filled individuals who killed and maimed to appease their religious idol(s) or ideology.

Am I understanding you correctly when you are attributing guilt by association to Jesus Christ? How does that even make sense?

What you just listed is a bunch of disillusioned, misinformed, hate filled individuals who killed and maimed to appease their religious idol(s) or ideology.

Am I understanding you correctly when you are attributing guilt by association to Jesus Christ? How does that even make sense?

Read it more carefully. The answer is within the thread.

GamecockWarrior is not blaming Jesus for bad stuff. He was simply responding to Freddie who selectively pointed out only the good stuff which is done by those who say it is in his name - orphanages, etc.

GamecockWarrior simply provided some balance by rightly pointing out plenty of bad stuff has been done in his name also, for centuries. Happens with all religions. He's not hating on your Jesus. It's all good.

Now does this make sense for you?

Reactions: GamecockWarrior
Nobody f*cks with the Jesus!

jesus.jpeg

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Read it more carefully. The answer is within the thread.

GamecockWarrior is not blaming Jesus for bad stuff. He was simply responding to Freddie who selectively pointed out only the good stuff which is done by those who say it is in his name - orphanages, etc.

GamecockWarrior simply provided some balance by rightly pointing out plenty of bad stuff has been done in his name also, for centuries. Happens with all religions. He's not hating on your Jesus. It's all good.

Now does this make sense for you?

Thank you for saving me the keystrokes.

An act in the name of a religion is not an act in the name of Jesus. When you can show me proof Jesus advocated any of these actions I will change my view. The "Prince of peace" name won't carry any meaning then. Oh yeah BEAT STATE too.

So you're moving the goalposts?

You asked for examples of bad things done in jesus' name and I provided some. Being done in the name of christianity is the same as being done in jesus'/god's name. They go hand in hand. And I'm not trying to change your view...not sure how you jumped to that assumption. I don't care what you or anyone else chooses to believe in.

A poster shoehorned religion into the thread for some reason to which I responded in a way that poster and others seemed to not like which brought out the bible thumpers with their panties in a wad which is typical when anyone voices an opinion or general comment they don't like in regards to their precious religious beliefs which not everyone falls in line with and with which they just can not stand.

LOL. Can you show me proof Jesus even existed, or that he actually performed the miracles attributed to him by Christians?

The Jewish historian Josephus wrote about Jesus as well as the roman historian Tactius who wrote of his crucifiction by Pontius Pilot. Both are secular accounts and are widely regarded even by atheist scholars and non-christian scholars to be proof that Jesus actually lived. Not sure how you can argue that point. As far as his miracles, I'll leave that to you to determine on your own.

LOL. Can you show me proof Jesus even existed, or that he actually performed the miracles attributed to him by Christians?
Read the book it will show you a book full of eye witnesses who most met horrible deaths proclaiming the existence of a make believe character I guess. Other than that I got nothing I can physically show so I reckon ya got me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT