ADVERTISEMENT

An article I read said Zeb had decided to leave Carolina?! We owe this

I bet he's staying. Unless someone offers him assistant money which he's probably not ready for yet.

Just want to thank Zeb Nolan for everything. I mean we went to East Carolina (by the way ended up being a bowl team) drove us down the field for a last second game winning field goal by Parker, then came on in the Vanderbilt game drove us down the field in less than two minutes and threw the game winning td to Xavier Legette. Finally his leadership and his character to stay with the team. He did not quit on his teammates. I hope he stays at USC as a grad assistant. I know Beamer has put that offer out to him.

Hate to say this, but it is probably best. When he became a teammate, the relationships change.
I never really thought about this until you posted it. You’re absolutely correct though. I think it helps that a GA is really an understudy with not a lot of pull on Gameday decisions. But you’re right that’s a heck of a transition from player to coach within the same locker room. There were some player coaches in MLB back in the 80s, but there is a reason that’s not too common these days.

Yes we need to thank Zeb and many others. Bottom line is we we not have been in the Mayo Bowl without him stepping in like he did.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT