ADVERTISEMENT

And another one gone...

Kinda feel like we'd be ok if we could just stop swinging at so many balls out of the zone.

Too many hurt arms. Dang it leading the SEC in HR but just don't have those dominate pitchers. At least we are 4-1 in the ACC...lol. I just have to chuckle it keeps me sane.:confused:

Reactions: stnbooth
Not sure if MK knows what kind of players we need to compete in the SEC. Other than Berryhill, name one that has made a huge impact. Other teams have them

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
That’s one thing I agree with is that Berryhill (speaking of hitters) is the only one that he has recruited that can hit. Allen and Esyster will be ok. We need like five good batters in this upcoming class. Does anybody know what we have coming in next year?

The Russians have infected us with the Russian Commie Chicken Curse of Chernobyl we're powerless against it. We need a root worker or Miss Cleo STAT !

Too many hurt arms. Dang it leading the SEC in HR but just don't have those dominate pitchers. At least we are 4-1 in the ACC...lol. I just have to chuckle it keeps me sane.:confused:

Pitching is a problem, BUT not the biggest problem.

In SEC Play through 4/19:

SC is 5th in home runs (18) behind Miss St. - 22; Vandy - 22; Florida -21; and Kentucky - 20.
That is the good news. The Bad News:

Last in Batting Average - 194 next team is Alabama - .216 22 points behind.

Last in On Base %.

Last in Runs scored

Last in Hits

Last in Runs Batted In

Next to last in Total bases - Alabama

Last in total plate appearances

Last in At Bats

12 out of 14 in Walks

5th in Strikeouts

Last in Sac Flies

However, in our pitching, we make up for all that with:

Last in Batters Struck out

Last in Saves

Tied for last in Runners Picked Off

4th in Sac Bunts Allowed

11th out of 14 in runs allowed

11th out of 14 Earned Runs Allowed

3rd in Home Runs Allowed

Tied for 2nd in Wild Pitches

Tied for 3rd in Hit Batters

And !st in Intentional BB Allowed.

Who Would have EVER Thought we would be in this position????

For the time being I've shifted my allegiance to our softball team. We got some beefy hitters on that team.

Reactions: sadd66
We are pretty bad all around. We knew pitching was going to struggle entering the season. Our offense hasn’t come through picking this team up.

We lost a lot of talent last year. These kind of seasons aren’t acceptable but they do happen. I can’t make any judgment on kingston yet, but there isn’t really any way to look and say anyone is going a good job right now.

A series sweep somewhere would do wonders for this team...I’m just not sure they have it in them. Not sure they even have a series win in them.

I think we all should be asking the question...How bad must Clemson suck to have lost 2 of 3 to us???

Hopkins-which was Holbrooks recruit. Not many more
You forgot Olsen and Cullen they are the only two making an impact Without, calling names go look at rest of roster. Also there are a few pitchers need to transfer. The analytical shifts dont work to often. Not being to critical, just look at the numbers. Most of what we had last year is gone

Hopkins-which was Holbrooks recruit. Not many more
What happened to Sightler, the tall lanky kid who started the opener at first base? As I recall, he was highly touted. It was like he got beamed to the planet Xenon or something.

SC is 5th in home runs (18) behind Miss St. - 22; Vandy - 22; Florida -21; and Kentucky - 20.

Last in On Base %.

Last in Runs scored

Last in Hits

Last in Runs Batted In

Last in At Bats

12 out of 14 in Walks

5th in Strikeouts

Last in Sac Flies

Last in Saves

4th in Sac Bunts Allowed

3rd in Home Runs Allowed

It's enough to make a grown jimnasium cry

It has slacked off but the hitters ain't giving up HR.

Picking either pitching or hitting right now, as the sole reason for our struggles, is not seeing the big picture. We are a bad bad team all around. Very balanced in the bad. I cannot remember a Gamecock team this bad. Even before Tanner took over.........

What happened to Sightler, the tall lanky kid who started the opener at first base? As I recall, he was highly touted. It was like he got beamed to the planet Xenon or something.

He is currently 0 for 12 at the plate, with 8 strikeouts. He isn't a college baseball player at this stage of his college baseball career.....

Last in On Base %.

Last in Runs scored

Last in Hits

Last in Runs Batted In

Last in At Bats

12 out of 14 in Walks

5th in Strikeouts

Last in Sac Flies

Last in Saves

4th in Sac Bunts Allowed

3rd in Home Runs Allowed

Ho-Lee crap!!! That is abysmal! And astonishing..... :oops::(

Picking either pitching or hitting right now, as the sole reason for our struggles, is not seeing the big picture. We are a bad bad team all around. Very balanced in the bad. I cannot remember a Gamecock team this bad. Even before Tanner took over.........
I still have to beg to differ about the bad team all around and it's not an excuse to say the danged SEC this year is like the NL West. We'll recover but we couldn't afford to lose anybody this time but doo doo happens and we did. The league is brutal but hey....we're right at the top in the ACC.:D We fell behind in recruits but will catch back up. It's harder to stay at the top than get to the top JMO. Keep playing and hoping.

I still have to beg to differ about the bad team all around and it's not an excuse to say the danged SEC this year is like the NL West. We'll recover but we couldn't afford to lose anybody this time but doo doo happens and we did. The league is brutal but hey....we're right at the top in the ACC.:D We fell behind in recruits but will catch back up. It's harder to stay at the top than get to the top JMO. Keep playing and hoping.

You forgot "win one for the gipper".......

Last in On Base %.

Last in Runs scored

Last in Hits

Last in Runs Batted In

Last in At Bats

12 out of 14 in Walks

5th in Strikeouts

Last in Sac Flies

Last in Saves

4th in Sac Bunts Allowed

3rd in Home Runs Allowed

Wow.... No way you can pin that on a talent issue.

What happens if MK can't bring in good players? The goodwill from the Tanner era is already dissipated. He's on his own now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT