ADVERTISEMENT

Another DeCommit

Care to share what this means? I don't speak Troll.

I've already explained it. He very well may get an in name only extension that extends him a year but doesn't increase his buyout.

That's pretty normal behavior because it gives him recruiting cover but at the same time doesn't create additional liabilities on the school.

But that isn't what normal people would consider a true extension. True extensions are multiple years with increases in salary.

I've already explained it. He very well may get an in name only extension that extends him a year but doesn't increase his buyout.

That's pretty normal behavior because it gives him recruiting cover but at the same time doesn't create additional liabilities on the school.

But that isn't what normal people would consider a true extension. True extensions are multiple years with increases in salary.

So I'm guessing you're going to pass on the bet?

Shocker. How did I know you were going to try to win on a technicality and not through substance?
Watson, you're related Kamala, right? I don't see how Ward's terms could be more simple, all you have to do is say it's a bet and then pay him later!

Watson, you're related Kamala, right? I don't see how Ward's terms could be more simple, all you have to do is say it's a bet and then pay him later!

He could easily agree to the terms the extension must be 2+ years and at least a 15% raise.

Fine = getting fired in 2025 instead of 2024?

That's all 6-6 does is put him on the hottest seat in the country in 2025.

Just a little perspective on how distorted your thinking has become.

In Spurrier's Year 4, he went 7-6 and didn't beat a single ranked team in 4 attempts. He also didn't have his best players walking at the end of each season and wasn't worried about a having to buy his teams while operating within a much weaker SEC East.

In Beamer's Year 4, we're playing 7 ranked teams and you're talking about a possible 6-6. Meanwhile, Spurrier is talking about finding today's coaches needing to find to "biggest wallets they can" and "capping the NIL budgets at $30mil."

Just flat out wrong. His recruiting momentum is the only thing that saved him last year. We've lost all that momentum so he won't have any selling point going into 2025.

It's probably a moot argument because if he doesn't beat Kentucky in week 2 this year, he doesn't survive to 2025.
If he makes a bowl game this year, he won't be on the hot seat with the people who count.

They've actually talked about this on several radio shows in the last month and the overwhelming consensus has been exactly what I posted- a bowl game would be a step in the right direction and would be considered a success.

Just as I said.

It's probably a moot argument because if he doesn't beat Kentucky in week 2 this year, he doesn't survive to 2025.
So, you're saying that if we lose to Kentucky, Beamer is done. Interesting. I think that game will be a coin toss. I suspect we will be a slight underdog to them, on the road.

Reactions: cockofdawn
So, you're saying that if we lose to Kentucky, Beamer is done. Interesting. I think that game will be a coin toss. I suspect we will be a slight underdog to them, on the road.

Yes. Kentucky is like the one winnable SEC game outside of Vanderbilt unless someone else on our schedule just has a complete melt down season.

Just a little perspective on how distorted your thinking has become.

In Spurrier's Year 4, he went 7-6 and didn't beat a single ranked team in 4 attempts. He also didn't have his best players walking at the end of each season and wasn't worried about a having to buy his teams while operating within a much weaker SEC East.

In Beamer's Year 4, we're playing 7 ranked teams and you're talking about a possible 6-6. Meanwhile, Spurrier is talking about finding today's coaches needing to find to "biggest wallets they can" and "capping the NIL budgets at $30mil."

Indeed Spurrier won 7 games and felt disappointing. We were also competitive with every SEC team but Florida who won the national championship.

Beamer is going to have to pull a miracle to win 6 and we aren't even going to be close in multiple SEC games.

That's the problem.

Yes. Kentucky is like the one winnable SEC game outside of Vanderbilt unless someone else on our schedule just has a complete melt down season.
I am not saying this will happen, but: if we lose to Kentucky, I wonder if LSU in the following game in Columbia will overlook us, sort of like Tennessee did in 2022 when we took them to the cleaners? LSU did lose to Ole Miss in Oxford last year.

Indeed Spurrier won 7 games and felt disappointing. We were also competitive with every SEC team but Florida who won the national championship.

Beamer is going to have to pull a miracle to win 6 and we aren't even going to be close in multiple SEC games.

That's the problem.

Possibly. And that would be because we are playing a bunch of ranked teams which Spurrier couldn't beat that year, even with his players not being stolen or having to concern himself with moneyball in general.

You're moving goalposts, Watson. Everyone sees it.

It's a shame you're so willing to lie.

You do understand you started this whole thing with a 6-6 Beamer on the nation's hottest seat.

That would mean a shot at 7 wins and beating ranked teams which Spurrier was unable to accomplish.

I really feel like you might have early onset dementia.

Get some rest Watson.

I don't think we'll win 6 games and I'm willing to bet $100 on it. I will happily pay to be wrong because, well, I'll be happy. 🙂
Jacque, if you are right (we go 5-7), would Beamer survive that? I'm not sure. I guess it would depend on how much the fanbase hollers. My guess is he would survive, making the following year make or break. I want him to be the one who has a long career at SC because he is a big winner.

Last edited:
You do understand you started this whole thing with a 6-6 Beamer on the nation's hottest seat.

That would mean a shot at 7 wins and beating ranked teams which Spurrier was unable to accomplish.

I really feel like you might have early onset dementia.

Get some rest Watson.

Of course, Beamer's long history as a TE coach gives you the confidence he can improve the same way one of the greatest coaches in college history could...

Jacque, if you are right (we go 5-7), would Beamer survive that? I'm not sure. I guess it would depend on how much the fanbase hollers.
I'm not sure either. I'm also not sure to what extent the powers that be are concerned about the fanbase. So possibly. On a side note I just finally got a haircut. The ponytail is now gone. It feels kind of strange.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Of course, Beamer's long history as a TE coach gives you the confidence he can improve the same way one of the greatest coaches in college history could...

So now you've got your crystal ball out again. See if it can offer a vision of why you've been slipping so badly of late.

So now you've got your crystal ball out again. See if it can offer a vision of why you've been slipping so badly of late.

Fortunately, your logic doesn't appease fans when the losses are racking up.

That's why his seat is going to be scorching this season.

Fortunately, your logic doesn't appease fans when the losses are racking up.

That's why his seat is going to be scorching this season.

Except for he's one win off Spurrier's total after 3. That's your issue or one of them actually.

You loathed Beamer before he step foot at USC.

If someone had offered you a bet that Beamer would be within one win of Spurrier after 3 seasons and also be dealing with losing his best players, having a much more difficult SEC East, along with 10-15% of the NIL budget as other SEC schools -- you would have leaping out of your seat.

Instead, today you're trying to make the argument that he'll be on the "hottest seat in the country" if he keeps pace with Spurrier's win total this season even though he's playing a far more difficult schedule with a new squad.

See how irrational that sounds to those with an operational frontal cortex?

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Except for he's one win off Spurrier's total after 3. That's your issue or one of them actually.

You loathed Beamer before he step foot at USC.

If someone had offered you a bet that Beamer would be within one win of Spurrier after 3 seasons and also be dealing with losing his best players, having a much more difficult SEC East, along with 10-15% of the NIL budget as other SEC schools -- you would have leaping out of your seat.

Instead, today you're trying to make the argument that he'll be on the "hottest seat in the country" if he keeps pace with Spurrier's win total this season even though he's playing a far more difficult schedule with a new squad.

See how irrational that sounds to those with an operational frontal cortex?

Yet Spurrier went on to coach another 7 seasons while Beamer's seat is already hot.

You can continue to whine about NIL. But without the million plus dollars a year that Beamer was able to pay Rattler, Beamer would have already had back to back losing seasons.

Yet Spurrier went on to coach another 7 seasons while Beamer's seat is already hot.

You can continue to whine about NIL. But without the million plus dollars a year that Beamer was able to pay Rattler, Beamer would have already had back to back losing seasons.

My point is Beamer's seat is not hot Watson. It's only in your head.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT