ADVERTISEMENT

Any house taters have trouble getting to your game yesterday?

section907

Sep 16, 2000
I know a lot of people in the upstate was not happy with them pulling resources away from the general public that is in need. But we’ve seen this before.

I went up Thursday night because my son’s band was playing the Esso Club Friday night. That was cancelled as that side of college avenue did not have power Friday. We did not have power all weekend at our airbnb.

I can see why a lot of people are not happy about Clemson playing, but they requested resources from the highway patrol and other neighboring jurisdictions and they were granted. The local businesses in Clemson rely heavily on the 6 or so home games a year to survive. It’s a small town and the economic impact is huge.

It’s a damned if you do and damned if you don’t. We went to the game and enjoyed a good win. I drove home today to Mount Pleasant and saw a lot of damage, downed lines, long lines for gas, and people suffering. It was humbling.

Reactions: DeeDave
I can see why a lot of people are not happy about Clemson playing, but they requested resources from the highway patrol and other neighboring jurisdictions and they were granted.

Yeah, I don't think the highway patrol having to work the game really caused any issues with the storm recovery. The real folks working on it are the folks hauling off debris and repairing the electric lines. The game didn't impact them.

Reactions: coldbud1994
In the past. It was always ok in Pickens to have games etc because their area was not impacted. Lol. when it was impacted it is a source of community needing the togetherness. OK then. .. SMH lol. I can care less. I for one appreciated it when USC made the tough decision. To respect everyone instead a few entitled fans.

I think the real unspoken part. Is Stanfords travel issues . They are too classy to admit it. But another 24 hours to get rid of travel lag - etc. could have made a difference. they spent a day on tarmac and scrambling for flights But again. That’s an ACC thing. WTH they doing in the ACC. How many cupcakes can they fit in one conference. I guess it’s yet to be seen.

Why would Clemson leave. They have it all. Except playing in front of large crowds and a competitive schedule.

I know there are a lot of upset people in that Clemson/Pickens/Oconee area- including some Clemson fans that the game was held.

I think that's a reasonable opinion, especially if you were impacted by the storm.

Reactions: coldbud1994
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT