ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody catch the Sapakoff article in the Post and Courier?

ken in sacramento

Jan 16, 2000
He was agitating for a wide open QB competition between Jake, Dak, and Ulric- with Ryan H as a darkhorse. Has CWM made any statements about the QB position? If I hear "Jake is our quarterback" I'm going to have a fit.

Still smarting over that goose egg in the bowl game- AND that no other QB got reps. Total BS

He was agitating for a wide open QB competition between Jake, Dak, and Ulric- with Ryan H as a darkhorse. Has CWM made any statements about the QB position? If I hear "Jake is our quarterback" I'm going to have a fit.

Still smarting over that goose egg in the bowl game- AND that no other QB got reps. Total BS

Expect to have a fit.....sorry but I see no willingness to change. However getting Hillinski makes me believe he may have been promised time on the recruiting trail. So who knows.

Yes.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...tball/josh-kendall-blog/article225916630.html

Reading between the lines, the competition is for the backup. Great...just great. Eyeroll

WM seemed to already make this point/decision when Jake played the whole bowl game, and he didn't give Scarnecchia a shot for a spark.

WM seemed almost scared of this situation developing in 2018, which is why he played Jake against Texas AM when he could of just let Jake rest his injury the game before the 10/20 bye week and started Scar. And have had him on reserve if things were not going well.

I dont think their will be any QB battle, LOL

Last edited:
I actually think we are in a great position. I don't think anyone on the roster can beat out Jake...but having Ryan sit and maybe play 4 games would set him up perfectly going into 2020. I don't think with the schedule we got coming up we can expect a Freshman to do well. IMO...

I thought almost all coaches have competition for all the spots so that the not so great push the better players.

Reactions: 92Pony
I actually think we are in a great position. I don't think anyone on the roster can beat out Jake...but having Ryan sit and maybe play 4 games would set him up perfectly going into 2020. I don't think with the schedule we got coming up we can expect a Freshman to do well. IMO...

Do we honestly expect anyone we have on roster to do well with that schedule?

What exactly do you guys expect? There will be no QB battle, Jake has never even had a QB argument in the coaches eye in the last 3 years once they decided to put the redshirt.

Jake struggled at times last year there was never a healthy moment when he was not the starter. Even if Scar had better stats. Jake is their guy and will be.

And I still laugh at Dak's name being in this conversation. He will be a safety by mid-season or a transfer. He is only at QB now because that is what was promised to get him to sign. If Muschamp ever was willing to put him in (even in a limited package), this past year would have been the time. He never say the field

Now with RH, it could be another story. I was almost booed off the board for suggesting he would take JB's job last year. I still think he has a chance, but the coaches have to be very careful about that move. You want to play the best player, but you could lose the locker room, specifically if the kid is not ready.

Based on track record, this staff is not willing to even venture in that water

What is it, you and Sapakoff don’t understand? These coaches have their livelihood on the line every year. They play the athletes that give them the best opportunity to win. This isn’t Rocket Science! Jake has been the best QB, since he stepped on campus. Hilinski may give him a run for his money...I don’t believe the others will. We will see?

What is it, you and Sapakoff don’t understand? These coaches have their livelihood on the line every year. They play the athletes that give them the best opportunity to win. This isn’t Rocket Science! Jake has been the best QB, since he stepped on campus. Hilinski may give him a run for his money...I don’t believe the others will. We will see?
CWM - in whose corner I am firmly planted, btw - hasn't exactly made decisions over his head coaching career that were beneficial to his own livelihood. It's not that much of a stretch that he would be bull-headed with playing - or not playing - any individual QB.

CWM - in whose corner I am firmly planted, btw - hasn't exactly made decisions over his head coaching career that were beneficial to his own livelihood. It's not that much of a stretch that he would be bull-headed with playing - or not playing - any individual QB.

This isn’t the real world. “Bull-headed”? This is always amusing. He’s no different than any other Coach. No logic in just “playing” somebody, instead of the athletes giving you the best chance to win.

Wrong pronoun. It's not 'they,' it's 'he' and thehe is a reason to worry about his decisions when comes to quarterbacks.

This isn’t the real world. “Bull-headed”? This is always amusing. He’s no different than any other Coach. No logic in just “playing” somebody, instead of the athletes giving you the best chance to win.
He's way different than Spurrier, who would change QBs on a dime if they were not performing. CWM has a history of sticking to QBs that don't perform. See Driskel, Jeff or Bently, Jake in the Belk Bowl.

Maybe CWM is right and Spurrier is wrong. We'll see

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Wrong pronoun. It's not 'they,' it's 'he' and thehe is a reason to worry about his decisions when comes to quarterbacks

Are you kidding? “Coaches” are plural! “He’s” not making the decision by himself. I guarantee that all of the offensive coaches have the same opinion. You Internet Coaches are not at practice every day.

no

don't read sappy

he's an idiot

100% queer for the taters

go cocks!

Correct answer.

Ryan should play 80% or more of the snaps against:
Charleston Southern
App. State
Vandy

He should be used in a special package that none of us have seen all season against Clemson. And not just for one or two plays. Why not? May as well. We can't beat them straight up anyway.

The only real question here this next season is will Champ use those 4 games correctly to take advantage of the new rule? Based on history, I'm betting he won't even get that right.

I have 0 doubt, barring injury, that Jake will be the starter next season. If Hilinski is actually ready to play then Jake’s leash may be shorter. I still feel our best option next season is to let Jake play, take our lumps with an impossible schedule, redshirt Hilinski if possible (I’d get him some time final 4 games of the season), and have him for the next 4 years without the possible schedule.

Sure you could convince me we may not have him for 4 years, especially if things go well. I’m still not sure Hilinski taking the lumps we’ll take next year will be the best thing for him. But I know it’s hard to head into a season thinking we need to do what’s best beyond next year.

True. We can't seem to win with an easier schedule either.
Truth hurts. And the truth is, last year was the year because we had an easy schedule with a lot of rebuilding teams in our conference. I guess we were in the rebuild category, too.

With that said, if we had spanked FL in the Swamp like we were about to do, I think most would have felt it was a successful season.

Truth hurts. And the truth is, last year was the year because we had an easy schedule with a lot of rebuilding teams in our conference. I guess we were in the rebuild category, too.

With that said, if we had spanked FL in the Swamp like we were about to do, I think most would have felt it was a successful season.

If we beat Florida last season the outlook is completely different for sure. Agree 100%. For one, we probably end up in Jacksonville in the Gator Bowl. We may still lay a turd there...but I think the vibe heading into that would’ve been much better than Charlotte on December 29th. That Florida game is one we’ll talk about 10-15 years from now.

I have 0 doubt, barring injury, that Jake will be the starter next season. If Hilinski is actually ready to play then Jake’s leash may be shorter. I still feel our best option next season is to let Jake play, take our lumps with an impossible schedule, redshirt Hilinski if possible (I’d get him some time final 4 games of the season), and have him for the next 4 years without the possible schedule.

Sure you could convince me we may not have him for 4 years, especially if things go well. I’m still not sure Hilinski taking the lumps we’ll take next year will be the best thing for him. But I know it’s hard to head into a season thinking we need to do what’s best beyond next year.
If he's Trevor Lawrence good, he better play.

Yeah I just had to re-swallow some vomit on that one.

If he's Trevor Lawrence good, he better play.

Yeah I just had to re-swallow some vomit on that one.

I think he’s good but I’m not sure he’s Trevor Lawrence good. I am sure he doesn’t have the cast Lawrence has surrounding him.

But yea, if he comes out and performs like that, then by all means play him. Maybe we could upset someone. We do need to upset someone anyway to get this program some momentum.

Reactions: HI Cock
I think he’s good but I’m not sure he’s Trevor Lawrence good. I am sure he doesn’t have the cast Lawrence has surrounding him.

But yea, if he comes out and performs like that, then by all means play him. Maybe we could upset someone. We do need to upset someone anyway to get this program some momentum.
So true!

WM seemed to already make this point/decision when Jake played the whole bowl game, and he didn't give Scarnecchia a shot for a spark.

WM seemed almost scared of this situation, which is why he played Jake against Texas AM when he could of just let Jake rest his injury the game before the 10/20 bye week and started Scar. And have had him on reserve if things were not going well.

I dont think their will be any QB battle, LOL[/QU
I'm looking for seven wins minimum. I'll say it right now.

Reactions: Legendary Cock

WM seemed almost scared of this situation, which is why he played Jake against Texas AM when he could of just let Jake rest his injury the game before the 10/20 bye week and started Scar. And have had him on reserve if things were not going well.

I dont think their will be any QB battle, LOL[/QU
I'm looking for seven wins minimum. I'll say it right now.

And last fall I was the first one to post that we would beat CU.

If we beat Florida last season the outlook is completely different for sure. Agree 100%. For one, we probably end up in Jacksonville in the Gator Bowl. We may still lay a turd there...but I think the vibe heading into that would’ve been much better than Charlotte on December 29th. That Florida game is one we’ll talk about 10-15 years from now.
Well, I would agree about having a better outlook had we beaten Florida - provided we hadn't crapped the bed against Virginia, which was an abominable performance for the ages. Those two games changed my entire opinion of last season and where the program is.

amen, its laughable to think any coach would chance his career on playing favorites anywhere....not saying it doesn't seem to appear that way at times,but lets be real here....

Will needs to show me something.

Getting smoked by VA while Deebo stood around on the sidelines was not a good look to me.

The solution is probably somewhere between the HBC and the BOOM! methods of handling QB's. The hook was too quick with HBC and BOOM! doesn't have a hook.

Reactions: Goldhunter
Are you kidding? “Coaches” are plural! “He’s” not making the decision by himself. I guarantee that all of the offensive coaches have the same opinion. You Internet Coaches are not at practice every day.
Muschamp is the boss. Period. And here's a question: Are you at practice everyday? No? Then you have no special insight into the decision making process on the team either and cannot guarantee anything.

Reactions: Goldhunter
Losing 5 in a row to Kentucky is what we'll be talking about 10-15 years from now.

Reactions: HI Cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT