ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody catch the Sapakoff article in the Post and Courier?

Are you referring to the game against a team with the 118th ranked pass defense in the nation for 2018? I anticipated him having a good game against them and knew some fans would be calling for him to play. If he was a better option than Bentley he would have played. He was a decent back-up last season and I was happy for the win against Missouri but at no time was I ever convinced that he was a better option.
So you're convinced none of our back-ups could do any better than this?
http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=401032077

He won one game....one! Looked bad in all others he got to play in....including the Spring game. There was a legit reason he didn't play. Sounds like you are the "fanboi."
Really? Looked bad? How did he "look" when he got to practice with the starters and play an entire game with the starters?

Really? Looked bad? How did he "look" when he got to practice with the starters and play an entire game with the starters?
Yes, he looked bad....he was bad. And I'll trust Werner's evaluation over yours any day. He has coached quite a few successful QBs over the years....and benched quite a few underperformers also. After that one miraculous game against one of the poorest pass defenses in the country, Scar did as your username implies.....he flamed out. The Chattanooga game proved that.

Yes, he looked bad....he was bad. And I'll trust Werner's evaluation over yours any day. He has coached quite a few successful QBs over the years....and benched quite a few underperformers also. After that one miraculous game against one of the poorest pass defenses in the country, Scar did as your username implies.....he flamed out. The Chattanooga game proved that.
So you're convinced none of our back-ups could do any better than this?
http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=401032077
and how many drops did we have against UVA? Jake didn't have a great game but I don't think anyone else on the roster could have done much better although I would have liked to have seen Joyner get in the game late. It would have been a waste of time to play Scar since he was a senior.

The bowl loss was unforgivable and locking in Jake at quarterback with a man like Hilinski on campus would be folly coming off such a performance.

You can bet, Bentley will be starting and most likely playing the whole year baring any injury. Muschamp has not demonstrated the ability to change quarterbacks during the season. I get the feeling nepotism is strong in the program. It has be going on since the Holtz days, but that is just me.

USCALUMNI

He was agitating for a wide open QB competition between Jake, Dak, and Ulric- with Ryan H as a darkhorse. Has CWM made any statements about the QB position? If I hear "Jake is our quarterback" I'm going to have a fit.

Still smarting over that goose egg in the bowl game- AND that no other QB got reps. Total BS
Bobby, I mean Jake, is our QB....

Reactions: Goldhunter
You can bet, Bentley will be starting and most likely playing the whole year baring any injury. Muschamp has not demonstrated the ability to change quarterbacks during the season. I get the feeling nepotism is strong in the program. It has be going on since the Holtz days, but that is just me.

USCALUMNI
He did at UF....assuming he even makes that call. That is what the QB coach and OC are for. I'd be surprised if he had much say in it....unless they are considering starting a new guy in place of a long time starter....and that would be to allow him to ease any hurt feelings.

He did at UF....assuming he even makes that call. That is what the QB coach and OC are for. I'd be surprised if he had much say in it....unless they are considering starting a new guy in place of a long time starter....and that would be to allow him to ease any hurt feelings.

Jake Bentley is who Muschamp is hitching his wagon to until he graduates

USCALUMNI

Riiiight.....everything you previously stated runs contrary to his history, but you want to double-down on it. Not a wise move.

We can agree to disagree and at the end of the day we both want USC to win. But tell me why did no other quarterback got an opportunity in the Akron game or the Virginia game? Scarnecchia had a win against Mizzou and I think Joyner is most likely good enough to get some reps against Akron. I will hang up and listen

USCALUMNI

We can agree to disagree and at the end of the day we both want USC to win. But tell me why did no other quarterback got an opportunity in the Akron game or the Virginia game? Scarnecchia had a win against Mizzou and I think Joyner is most likely good enough to get some reps against Akron. I will hang up and listen

USCALUMNI
Scarnecchia got another attempt against Chattanooga and played poorly...fell back into his "normal" performance that he had shown in all other games not named Missouri. Fortunately, Missouri had one of the worst pass defenses in the country and he save his best performance for that game.

As for Joyner....believe the people who see him at practices and not those, like on here, who simply remember his HS performances. From what I've read and heard, he isn't close to being ready to play. The coaches simply state that he is "improving"...not much more. Maybe all the other schools were right...and we were wrong...he isn't a P-5 quarterback.

Scarnecchia got another attempt against Chattanooga and played poorly...fell back into his "normal" performance that he had shown in all other games not named Missouri. Fortunately, Missouri had one of the worst pass defenses in the country and he save his best performance for that game.

As for Joyner....believe the people who see him at practices and not those, like on here, who simply remember his HS performances. From what I've read and heard, he isn't close to being ready to play. The coaches simply state that he is "improving"...not much more. Maybe all the other schools were right...and we were wrong...he isn't a P-5 quarterback.

I have no idea how good a passer Joyner is but he was recruited as dual threat still do not understand why he could not had a least a series or two but that is just me

USCALUMNI

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT