ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone calling for someone's head should do this . . . .

bigsirspur

Nov 12, 2012
Be a man and give your name. Also, tell us about your professional accomplishments and how you led a group to consistently exceeding expectations. You must be elite in the country in your field, right? I mean you demand so much of others, I can only assume that you are the very top salesperson, technician, or whatever in your entire field and that you have successfully led a huge team that, by design, turns over completely every four years. A person of mediocre accomplishments would not be demanding more of a guy who overachieved in 2 of 2 years that he has been here. Nor would such a well accomplished group live vicariously through a bunch of kids. No, these must be real men of great accomplishment crying to fire someone because we can't live another day without our football team never having a bad Saturday. So let's have it. Let's see these lists of record breakers and titans of industry identify themselves.

Reactions: Silverspur02
Jesus.

I have to be a captain of industry to say "That Bert. He's gonna get canned." Or A&M ain't gonna put up with Sumlin's same old-same old much longer.

Or Butterteeth (or Richt) really isn't recruiting as well as is possible at that job.

Got to be a mega achiever to point our the obvious?

Look if you are past twenty or so, you've seen a number of coaches come and go. And know why they come and go.

Not supposed to notice things?

Jesus.

I have to be a captain of industry to say "That Bert. He's gonna get canned." Or A&M ain't gonna put up with Sumlin's same old-same old much longer.

Or Butterteeth (or Richt) really isn't recruiting as well as is possible at that job.

Got to be a mega achiever to point our the obvious?

Look if you are past twenty or so, you've seen a number of coaches come and go. And know why they come and go.

Not supposed to notice things?
That's just a way of trying to disarm people - by marginalizing them and calling into question their right to have an opinion.

Be a man and give your name. Also, tell us about your professional accomplishments and how you led a group to consistently exceeding expectations. You must be elite in the country in your field, right? I mean you demand so much of others, I can only assume that you are the very top salesperson, technician, or whatever in your entire field and that you have successfully led a huge team that, by design, turns over completely every four years. A person of mediocre accomplishments would not be demanding more of a guy who overachieved in 2 of 2 years that he has been here. Nor would such a well accomplished group live vicariously through a bunch of kids. No, these must be real men of great accomplishment crying to fire someone because we can't live another day without our football team never having a bad Saturday. So let's have it. Let's see these lists of record breakers and titans of industry identify themselves.

My name is Brad Scott... I coached football.... Players give me rides on their backs.... Not sure if they like me or they are giving me the boot....Got a problem with that???

Man up! What's your name... What's your profession... Lawyer???? God knows we need more lawyers....

Last edited:
Reactions: Carolina4
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt.

C'mon now, guys. Tell us how, in your career, you inherited a total dumpster fire and exceeded expectations and led others. The "I have a right to whine" argument is lame. What have you accomplished besides sitting behind a keyboard and demanding "excellence" from someone else?

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt.

C'mon now, guys. Tell us how, in your career, you inherited a total dumpster fire and exceeded expectations and led others. The "I have a right to whine" argument is lame. What have you accomplished besides sitting behind a keyboard and demanding "excellence" from someone else?

Ok Dabo... You got me....

Theodore Roosevelt.

Coach Muschamp I like your fight. I wish you would’ve shown it last night.

Theodore Roosevelt.

Yeah, I remember the first few Ayn Rand books I read.

Reactions: bigsirspur
Agree with the OP. Get off of Muschamp. He just needs time. He inherited a difficult situation. He’s recruiting well. It’s only year 3. He knows his X’s and O’s and is building a quality Football Operations Center. Muschamp has a warchest of credibility and I believe SC should keep him for many, many years to come.

- Mark Stoops

Agree with the OP. Get off of Muschamp. He just needs time. He inherited a difficult situation. He’s recruiting well. It’s only year 3. He knows his X’s and O’s and is building a quality Football Operations Center. Muschamp has a warchest of credibility and I believe SC should keep him for many, many years to come.

- Mark Stoops

Everyone knows Hyman has trademarked the words “warchest of credibility” LOL

I’m not getting paid $5 million a year

You should apply. If you never beat UK, UGA, A&M or Clemson you still got a gig. Let us know if you can match those results.
They'd have to agree to several changes for me to agree to take this job. The biggest change would be to agree to allow 100% of the money football brings in to be spent ONLY on the football program. I'd demand different travel arrangements for away games and no penny pinching, increase the recruiting budget to top 5 in the SEC. Then maybe we'd talk.:D

- Mark Stoops
Are you quoting Mark Stoops or citing him as a case for having patience? I am advocating giving him five full years. That's four complete recruiting cycles. If he hasn't done it by then, it's not going to happen. But that doesn't mean I'm going to be silent during the five years when the football sucks.

Reactions: Brace1
Don't have to be a titan of industry to post on this board, chief.

Are you quoting Mark Stoops or citing him as a case for having patience? I am advocating giving him five full years. That's four complete recruiting cycles. If he hasn't done it by then, it's not going to happen. But that doesn't mean I'm going to be silent during the five years when the football sucks.

I, Marcus Stoops, am following the instructions of the OP by putting my name to the post. I think Muschamp should be given a LIFETIME CONTRACT!!!

(I’m not really Mark Stoops). Just joking around that Stoops definitely wants Champ to stick around. Honestly, Stoops may not even be at UK anymore if he didn’t beat SC. We were the only SEC team he could beat the 1st 3 years.

Dude, I’m on your side, but you may want to change your approach here. Ha!!

Reactions: Brace1
I'm good at my job. My job isn't to beat other people at their job. When your job is to do so, and you don't, you're not good at your job. If you can't do your job well, you should be replaced by someone who does, or you're just stealing money from your employer. I don't keep employees who don't do a good job. I give them a chance to do a good job, and I warn them that their performance is not up to par. Then I release them if they don't reasonably improve their results over a reasonable period of time. I don't keep people on for years who are costing me more money than they are bringing in. You my friend are comparing apples to oranges, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT