ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone eating crow concerning OC Marcus Satterfield?

vacock#

Oct 26, 1998
If he made those changes and coached them up for the Mayo Bowl, then I don’t want to lose him to another school.

Any naysayers want to change your minds? BTW, I also wasn’t too sure about his capabilities either.

Well, speaking as his accused, alledged wife (I'm not), I think we need to pay him and the rest of the staff. Momma needs a new pair of Louboutins.

Last edited:
You made me look that up. You are his wife?
Remains to been seen, but that poster has defended Satt - creepily and unnaturally so - hence that accusation.

Me, if todays results can be duplicated starting next season, then I’ll maybe start to come around to Satterfield. We won a bowl game with B. McClendon as OC and we all know how that ended. Bowl games are a different animal, but todays game was a beautiful sight, offensively speaking.

I’ll say this, I’m optimistic going forward until / if he proves himself to not be up to the job.

Whether Satterfield is the man or not remains to be seen. I didn’t necessarily defend him, but I got jumped on a time or two as well for saying he needed time to prove he isn’t the answer. 6 games, or a year, wasn’t going to fix our issues. It needed a true system with players to fit the system.

If he made those changes and coached them up for the Mayo Bowl, then I don’t want to lose him to another school.

Any naysayers want to change your minds? BTW, I also wasn’t too sure about his capabilities either.
No, but I did not think that we would win this game, especially in this fashion!

And you're the one complaining about our OL....maybe heed your own words?
No, I was saying they weren't good early in the year, which I thought since early in the season and I continually called out their improvement as I've seen it throughout the season and after the BYE when they started playing good I've argued against those who blamed them in more recent games when they were no longer the problem, like in the Mizzou game when Brown kept getting himself sacked by dropping out of the bottom of the pocket, and everyone who formed their opinions on the GA game and never re-evaluated

Not eating crow, but I was impressed how he addressed our QB issues. I have high hopes to see what he can do with Rattler. UNC isn't the steel curtain. He certainly earned the right not to get fired.

He had the 116th ranked offense in the country. No. We did the same thing with McClendon after the Michigan game. He has next year with Rattler to get better or get another job.
Yep, and here’s the problem and we’ll see if the same thing happens next year……

Will it take 8 games for the offense to be productive with Satterfield’s schemes?

If so, then he’s not a good college OC. All OC’s have great plays “on paper” but if those plays can’t be executed by the personnel on the field, then the OC is not very good at his job.

Not eating crow, but I was impressed how he addressed our QB issues. I have high hopes to see what he can do with Rattler. UNC isn't the steel curtain. He certainly earned the right not to get fired.
This is reasonable. I've just says all year with what we had all year you couldn't write him off, and figured Beamer having a better idea of everything with the team I'd respect whatever he chooses, but if we aren't top 60 next year, then he needs to go. If we can field a top 30 offense next year, we should do whatever it takes to keep him. Anything in between I trust Beamer.

Reactions: shagginrooster

Will it take 8 games for the offense to be productive with Satterfield’s schemes?

If so, then he’s not a good college OC. All OC’s have great plays “on paper” but if those plays can’t be executed by the personnel on the field, then the OC is not very good at his job.
Everyone says this, for the most part everything fell apart with the OL and frankly, it's been overstated how good they were last year and I bought that everyone on the offense would make a huge leap without Muschamp so I'll admit, I gave them too much credit preseason but when they came on we did much better. Combine that with the depth at QB we have coming in at QB and the OL will have to regress to do that again.

Reactions: shagginrooster
....late season surge cooled his seat.

But where was this offense back in the 1st half of the season?
We made plays today on offense I didn't think we could make. Defense was just stifling most of the game. (gave up a few big plays)

Something clicked with DK. Play calling was also different. At least it looked that way to me.

Are we certain Satterfield was calling the offense? (I saw Lembo in SB's ear most of the game.) Whatever the changes it all worked.

I don’t and won’t change my mind until it is done vs a defense wirh a pulse. Not to take anything away from our win...but that ain’t Georgia, bama, lsu, a&m s defense out there. That’s who we compete and have to build our team to go against. So/ satt and our 115th national offense has a LONG way to go before he’s even considered relevant.

Nope. He's called three good games this year. And so far, he's followed those games up with a clunker by going away from what he had working.

Using DJ at QB was a fantastic move since they knew UNCarolina wouldn't be game planning for it. But for anyone saying QB has been that missing ingredient for Satterfield's offense, DJ has been on the team for 5 years now. And Satterfield's the QB coach last I checked. But for some reason, he felt the need to name a GA coach the starter over everyone else in the QB room after Doty went down.

So I'm ecstatic that Beamer got us to 7 wins in his first year. But like someone else said, even BMac called a on occasional good game. But the consistency just hasn't been there for me to totally absolve all the bone headed crap from him this year.

I don’t and won’t change my mind until it is done vs a defense wirh a pulse. Not to take anything away from our win...but that ain’t Georgia, bama, lsu, a&m s defense out there. That’s who we compete and have to build our team to go against. So/ satt and our 115th national offense has a LONG way to go before he’s even considered relevant.
Totally agree, you have to judge a coach on his collective work, not one game. Don’t overreact because of one good showing. His overall season was an F based on ranking and results.

As a Teacher/Coach if you can't communicate your plan where your Students /Players can Understand it You Will need to Simplify it to where the Students/Players Can Understand it and have the Ability to implement it.

Our Coaches had a great Game Plan today.

Really happy for DKJ. He is a great Kid. Outstanding Character.

This is reasonable. I've just says all year with what we had all year you couldn't write him off, and figured Beamer having a better idea of everything with the team I'd respect whatever he chooses, but if we aren't top 60 next year, then he needs to go. If we can field a top 30 offense next year, we should do whatever it takes to keep him. Anything in between I trust Beamer.
Nice to see people going on record for next year. Will be interesting to see what the expectations are next year from the fanbase.

Nope. He's called three good games this year.
And that still doesn't account for why our OL didn't know who to block a better part of the season.
They had all off-season, plus pre-season to work on it.

Allegedly, it wasn't until one of the bye weeks that the defensive coaches told them what was broke?

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I could be wrong but didn’t I read on this board all week about how good unc's defense was and how they were going to stuff us? I know I read at least one post that predicted we'd be shut out. Smh
I don't recall that. I do remember they were the 85th ranked defense coming into the game. And many of us weren't enthused about the idea of Zeb starting without White playing. Thankfully, DJ had his best game at QB in years.

And our D played lights out! Pay that man!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT