ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone eating crow concerning OC Marcus Satterfield?

Nice to see people going on record for next year. Will be interesting to see what the expectations are next year from the fanbase.
What, do you think I want an offense like we had this year? No, you damned moron, I just recognize how little of that can be laid at his feet, but while we're at it, how about you tell us what you want from the offense, defense and overall record to keep your trap shut on Beamer and staff. I'd love to have a way to hold you accountable while you talk your s with no accountability.

Did you watch how many blocks they missed? I saw a different OL beginning after the bye week.
I think the changes in the scheme and communication was the big issue. Different schemes require different adjustments and they were all learning.... and it only takes one to miss his assignment for the whole line to look bad.

I will give them credit that today’s performance was good and fun to watch. However, why haven’t we seen 75% of those formations and plays? He won’t get a month to game plan. Also, can’t get shutout one week and score 38 the next and be a good offense. I’d rather score 20-24 points a week then this up and down. As many pointed out, BMac looked good at times too. I’m not optimistic about next year’s offense looking consistent. I’d rather pull the plug a year early on the OC than a year late.

I think the changes in the scheme and communication was the big issue. Different schemes require different adjustments and they were all learning.... and it only takes one to miss his assignment for the whole line to look bad.
No doubt, add slow footed OL and the learning curve is even steeper

And that still doesn't account for why our OL didn't know who to block a better part of the season.
They h.ad all off-season, plus pre-season to work on it.

Allegedly, it wasn't until one of the bye weeks that the defensive coaches told them what was broke?
Help us all if that is what happened.

We didn’t go from triple option to spread. Bobo’s run game is pro style just like Satt’s, so both run zone, Duo, Stretch, counter and power schemes. There wasn’t a big new thing to learn just verbiage changes.

What, do you think I want an offense like we had this year? No, you damned moron, I just recognize how little of that can be laid at his feet, but while we're at it, how about you tell us what you want from the offense, defense and overall record to keep your trap shut on Beamer and staff. I'd love to have a way to hold you accountable while you talk your s with no accountability.
No, I don’t think you want an offense like this. But I think you’ll find excuses next year if we underperform.

I would like to see a top 15 recruiting class next year.

Reactions: CockyinNoVa
I don’t and won’t change my mind until it is done vs a defense wirh a pulse. Not to take anything away from our win...but that ain’t Georgia, bama, lsu, a&m s defense out there. That’s who we compete and have to build our team to go against. So/ satt and our 115th national offense has a LONG way to go before he’s even considered relevant.
Yet you didn’t give us a chance in this bowl game. Maybe you’re just a negative person.

We didn’t go from triple option to spread. Bobo’s run game is pro style just like Satt’s, so both run zone, Duo, Stretch, counter and power schemes. There wasn’t a big new thing to learn just verbiage changes.
Perhaps, but that would make Adkins an issue as it shouldn't take until the bye week for an OL to adjust to a new coach teaching the same thing.

I could be wrong but didn’t I read on this board all week about how good unc's defense was and how they were going to stuff us? I know I read at least one post that predicted we'd be shut out. Smh
I didn’t pay too close attention....but I am pretty sure I haven’t seen that UNc is good on defense for would shut us out because THEY are good on defense. You can see their scores this year....in the ACC. Their offense is/was at times good absolutely. But....I personally have not heard one person say UNC has a good defense. They don’t....obviously

Reactions: Dizzy01
Just my two cents. In this bowl game our offense was on its 4th starting quarterback, only two starting ol from the first game, a finally healthy stud rb from last year, two new starters at wr this game? I will definitely give Satty a pass this year. He walked into a tough situation. Next year will be a more fair time to evaluate.

....late season surge cooled his seat.

But where was this offense back in the 1st half of the season?
We shouldn’t dismiss the impact of Covid on this new staff. No spring practice had to be huge. Then to have Doty go down and have to play a Statue at QB. Brown showed the offense can do a little bit with a player that can extend the play.

I was very impressed with what this offensive staff implemented in 13 practices in preparation. I’d assume a lot of the formations and wrinkles we saw today are what we can expect moving forward, especially with a QB like Rattler.

Beamer said Satterfield suggested Joyner to play QB before Brown entered the portal. That gives me a lot mor confidence as well, and probably illustrates how limited this offense was at the QB position for such a suggestion to be made.

Yet you didn’t give us a chance in this bowl game. Maybe you’re just a negative person.
Maybe I just know that our offense was 115th in the d@mn nation. I’ve been nothing but positive about the game today...which by the way was the only game this year vs a team not in major chaos that we played and beat. I love the win....but it’s not me being negative that this football team was one of our worst in the last 40 years. That’s me being positive about 39 other years out of 40, mrs Beamer.

Reactions: Lakecock1
We shouldn’t dismiss the impact of Covid on this new staff. No spring practice had to be huge. Then to have Doty go down and have to play a Statue at QB. Brown showed the offense can do a little bit with a player that can extend the play.

I was very impressed with what this offensive staff implemented in 13 practices in preparation. I’d assume a lot of the formations and wrinkles we saw today are what we can expect moving forward, especially with a QB like Rattler.

Beamer said Satterfield suggested Joyner to play QB before Brown entered the portal. That gives me a lot mor confidence as well, and probably illustrates how limited this offense was at the QB position for such a suggestion to be made.

What are you talking about? They had normal spring practice with this new staff. Also, not going to get 13 practices before every game.

I didn’t pay too close attention....but I am pretty sure I haven’t seen that UNc is good on defense for would shut us out because THEY are good on defense. You can see their scores this year....in the ACC. Their offense is/was at times good absolutely. But....I personally have not heard one person say UNC has a good defense. They don’t....obviously
Guess I was wrong then.

Yeah it's so hard to tell right now. Everyone is rushing to make firm conclusions but right now the SEC and ACC are a combined 2-9 in bowl games.

It might just have been a really bad year all around.

I think that Coach Beamer is comfortable with Coach Satterfield, so I will go with the program. We won a good game today, these guy's took NC State to the brink.

Reactions: CockyinNoVa
Maybe I just know that our offense was 115th in the d@mn nation. I’ve been nothing but positive about the game today...which by the way was the only game this year vs a team not in major chaos that we played and beat. I love the win....but it’s not me being negative that this football team was one of our worst in the last 40 years. That’s me being positive about 39 other years out of 40, mrs Beamer.
We exceeded the win total from the previous two years combined so there’s no way it was one of the worst in the last 40 years. Just you being negative again.

No, I don’t think you want an offense like this. But I think you’ll find excuses next year if we underperform.

I would like to see a top 15 recruiting class next year.
That's it, nothing we do on the field matters? You don't know me so stop guessing at what the hell I'll do, schmuck.

What are you talking about? They had normal spring practice with this new staff. Also, not going to get 13 practices before every game.
Spring practice was very limited. It was nothing close to a regular spring. And I’m talking about having time and players to implement an offense capable of putting up points. Our QB situation was atrocious this season. I’m confident watching today that our staff can put together a plan if we have a QB capable of stretching out a defense. Dak did that with his ability to extend the play. We didn’t get that at all with Zeb and got some with Brown at the end of the year.

Yep, and here’s the problem and we’ll see if the same thing happens next year……

Will it take 8 games for the offense to be productive with Satterfield’s schemes?

If so, then he’s not a good college OC. All OC’s have great plays “on paper” but if those plays can’t be executed by the personnel on the field, then the OC is not very good at his job.
It was a good offensive game plan but Satterfield had a month to prepare. You can make huge changes in a month, including adding a new QB and getting him lots of practice. But that is different than preparing for a different team every week in the SEC. Right now lets enjoy the victory but I think the verdict is still out on Satterfield.

Spring practice was very limited. It was nothing close to a regular spring. And I’m talking about having time and players to implement an offense capable of putting up points. Our QB situation was atrocious this season. I’m confident watching today that our staff can put together a plan if we have a QB capable of stretching out a defense. Dak did that with his ability to extend the play. We didn’t get that at all with Zeb and got some with Brown at the end of the year.

No it wasn’t. They had normal 15 practices, workouts and meetings.

Dak ran well but he didn’t vertically stretch them but once. Rattler won’t run like an RB the way Dak can. Again, we won’t get 13 days to plan and be able to do something they haven’t seen each game.

Reactions: Lakecock1
No it wasn’t. They had normal 15 practices, workouts and meetings.

Dak ran well but he didn’t vertically stretch them but once. Rattler won’t run like an RB the way Dak can. Again, we won’t get 13 days to plan and be able to do something they haven’t seen each game.
I know they shut spring practice down for a while. Maybe they made them up. Also remember Beamer saying at least 1/4 of the team was out due to injury / illness.

It wasn’t a normal spring. Maybe we got the 15 practices in…but it was a typical spring practice like we usually have.

I know they shut spring practice down for a while. Maybe they made them up. Also remember Beamer saying at least 1/4 of the team was out due to injury / illness.

It wasn’t a normal spring. Maybe we got the 15 practices in…but it was a typical spring practice like we usually have.
I really think the bigger issues were depth, and confidence related.

That's it, nothing we do on the field matters? You don't know me so stop guessing at what the hell I'll do, schmuck.
Why can’t we have a civilized conversation without personal insults?

On the field results become too reactionary. What do you think is a fair over/under on wins next year?

Muschamp won 9 in his second year. What if Beamer does the same? Is that indicative of long term succsss if he can’t find another Rattler on the recruiting trail?

We exceeded the win total from the previous two years combined so there’s no way it was one of the worst in the last 40 years. Just you being negative again.
Why do some attempt to compare this year and our four wins vs teams that aren’t in the top 75 programs vs the previous season when we only played SEC games? You know most of us on here watch college football and shake our heads at 90% of your stances because they’re so ridiculous to compare?
I’m happy as h#ll about the win yesterday ...and the team DID exceed my expectations for wins. We don’t have a lot of talent , and our lack of philosophy and gameplay was a major issue every week until yesterday. If you were present and sane this football year...that was apparent.

So let me get this right. We win a bowl game and look good doing so and your immediate thought is to go rush to a message board and try to piss on a portion of the fan base.
You can easily make the opposite argument.

We just looked great in a bowl game, but instead of enjoying the moment people rushed here to make "I told you so" posts and proclaim the future to be a certainty...

You can easily make the opposite argument.

We just looked great in a bowl game, but instead of enjoying the moment people rushed here to make "I told you so" posts and proclaim the future to be a certainty...address
I think y'all are addressing the same issue and making the same argument in response. At least that's how I understood his post.

Nope. Still not sold on him. Too many other games the offense played bad.
Yeah, one well planned and executed game in a low tier bowl doesn't come close to erasing the 8 terrible games of poor coaching and execution. Maybe he learned something that will carry over in the future. We don't know but we will certainly see one way or the other next year.

Reactions: cockybren
After a certain point it was evident that dak needed to play every snap and continuing to rotate Noland in their was absolutely stupid.
Not necessarily Bud! The tarholes probably were thinking the same thing and got 🔥 with a TD from Noland to Bell!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT