ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone eating crow concerning OC Marcus Satterfield?

Yeah the difference is he’s only applying it to one side of the aisle.
Well your "opposite argument" which I am guessing you made in your second sentence (or else why repeat it) was the same one he is making. So actually you didn't address the opposite argument whatever that may be.

Why do some attempt to compare this year and our four wins vs teams that aren’t in the top 75 programs vs the previous season when we only played SEC games? You know most of us on here watch college football and shake our heads at 90% of your stances because they’re so ridiculous to compare?
I’m happy as h#ll about the win yesterday ...and the team DID exceed my expectations for wins. We don’t have a lot of talent , and our lack of philosophy and gameplay was a major issue every week until yesterday. If you were present and sane this football year...that was apparent.
It was your over the top post about this team being one of the worst in the last 40 years that stretches the boundaries of insanity. We won 7 games, and a bowl game. The bowl game win alone puts it in the top 25 of all our seasons since we have had many years without a bowl game or a win.

I'm happy that we won yesterday, but still not sold on Satterfield. Our offensive stats this season were not good. It'll take more than a good game here and there to change my mind. However, if we follow-up this performance by continuing to play well/improve next season; then I'll be happy to say I was wrong.

That being said. For those of you that are trying to use one game to 'prove' some point. Have you forgotten our performances against Clemson (the week before), UK, Texas A&M, Georgia, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, and East Carolina? Our offensive production was underwhelming at best this season and statistically one of the worst in the NCAA. I still believe we would have two more wins this season with better offensive production. Our defense played more than well enough to win!

I don't recall that.
On paper this was a decent matchup, but we clearly outcoached UNC. All the coaches deserve credit.
With the virus + holiday distractions, we could have easily shown up not ready.

Playing Dak was brilliant...but one has to wonder if playing Jason Brown had an impact on our style of offense?

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Why can’t we have a civilized conversation without personal insults?

On the field results become too reactionary. What do you think is a fair over/under on wins next year?

Muschamp won 9 in his second year. What if Beamer does the same? Is that indicative of long term succsss if he can’t find another Rattler on the recruiting trail?
Why can't you support the regime instead of bad mouthing them, never giving them credit and saying the sort of crap someone trying to recruit against us would claim. I think you just don't want to give credit for a likely good year next year. I'll be willing to not call you schmuck if you apologize for calling me a liar and repeatedly claiming I made a new account so I wouldn't have to own up what I claim and the various times you disingenuously misrepresented my arguments. You want to talk about accountability but you seem to want me to be civil when you have previously withheld the same considerations from me. Oh, and by the way, Spurrier's best recruiting class by NFL picks and wins was the 2010 class which was ranked 19th, not the top 10 class he signed in 2007.

Reactions: WingchunCock
If he made those changes and coached them up for the Mayo Bowl, then I don’t want to lose him to another school.

Any naysayers want to change your minds? BTW, I also wasn’t too sure about his capabilities either.
Don't let recency bias affect your analysis. Satt's offense was DOA in 9 games this season, easily costing us wins against UK and Mizzou.

He had a great game plan yesterday but this UNC team routinely gives up 30, 40 and 50 a game. I'm more interested in next season with him having a top tier qb to work with instead of a grad assistant or a D3 qb. The schedule should benefit the offense as well. They should build some rhythm and confidence.

“Following the game, Beamer made it point to respond to earlier criticism that he should have fired offensive coaching staffers.

“We had a plan of how we were going to win the football game, but I don’t think I anticipated it going that well. Credit to our offensive staff for (that),” he said, according to The State. “All I’ve heard for a month is how awful they are, and what am I doing not firing people and things like that. Well, I hope that’s a great answer for you right there. That’s why.””

https://www.dailywire.com/news/usc-...8lGwptKsRI1c6_u-rYhqpSLC7TV-pPLPCziVnok3vB5hM

Why can't you support the regime instead of bad mouthing them, never giving them credit and saying the sort of crap someone trying to recruit against us would claim. I think you just don't want to give credit for a likely good year next year. I'll be willing to not call you schmuck if you apologize for calling me a liar and repeatedly claiming I made a new account so I wouldn't have to own up what I claim and the various times you disingenuously misrepresented my arguments. You want to talk about accountability but you seem to want me to be civil when you have previously withheld the same considerations from me. Oh, and by the way, Spurrier's best recruiting class by NFL picks and wins was the 2010 class which was ranked 19th, not the top 10 class he signed in 2007.
You guys don’t want support. I have plenty of praise for yesterday’s performance. You guys want us to pretend Beamer is proven and going to be a success. That’s still be determined.

Do you think Beamer is as good of a coach as Spurrier? See struck gold with those 2009 and 2010 classes. But as you saw it didn’t sustain itself of the classes being better than they were on paper.

You guys don’t want support. I have plenty of praise for yesterday’s performance. You guys want us to pretend Beamer is proven and going to be a success. That’s still be determined.

Do you think Beamer is as good of a coach as Spurrier? See struck gold with those 2009 and 2010 classes. But as you saw it didn’t sustain itself of the classes being better than they were on paper.
You've expressed doubt time and again, no one would give you crap if you took the wait and see approach like you claim you do.

So let me get this right. We win a bowl game and look good doing so and your immediate thought is to go rush to a message board and try to piss on a portion of the fan base.
No...if you can read, that is absolutely not correct. I answered a question. I also commented on other threads regarding this game in a very positive manner. We do have a portion of the fanbase that are idiots apparently....because they’re blindly loyal to shame Beamer over the gamecock football program. I do classify that as being an idiot .

You can easily make the opposite argument.

We just looked great in a bowl game, but instead of enjoying the moment people rushed here to make "I told you so" posts and proclaim the future to be a certainty...
Exactly...and how ridiculous would that be? 116th or whatever In the nation offensively....have a good game against a defense that avgs giving up 28 or so per game...and the sunshine pumpers self proclaim greatness. You Beamer family posters are doing more harm than good.

Exactly...and how ridiculous would that be? 116th or whatever In the nation offensively....have a good game against a defense that avgs giving up 28 or so per game...and the sunshine pumpers self proclaim greatness. You Beamer family posters are doing more harm than good.

I'm really curious how this works out for next year. Are we going to expect Beamer to win at least 9 games as a result of the increased confidence?

Reactions: DeBoer31
I'm really curious how this works out for next year. Are we going to expect Beamer to win at least 9 games as a result of the increased confidence?
Are you two the same poster with different usernames? Brothers maybe? Frat brothers at Clem tech

Reactions: myrtlecock
No...if you can read, that is absolutely not correct. I answered a question. I also commented on other threads regarding this game in a very positive manner. We do have a portion of the fanbase that are idiots apparently....because they’re blindly loyal to shame Beamer over the gamecock football program. I do classify that as being an idiot .
I think you misunderstood. This was meant to be to the OP

Remains to been seen, but that poster has defended Satt - creepily and unnaturally so - hence that accusation.

Me, if todays results can be duplicated starting next season, then I’ll maybe start to come around to Satterfield. We won a bowl game with B. McClendon as OC and we all know how that ended. Bowl games are a different animal, but todays game was a beautiful sight, offensively speaking.

I’ll say this, I’m optimistic going forward until / if he proves himself to not be up to the job.
our offense goes as our o-line goes, no more and no less. its not satterfield! if the other team dominates our o-line we dont do anything, ala clemson game or uga or ut or mizzoo. same story each time. not that hard to figure out

Their offense had the 2nd lowest point total all year, and they had a month to prepare. And our lowly offense destroyed their defense that was ranked much higher than our offense.
It’s really hard to claim to be a USC fan when you constantly belittle the coaching staff.

It was your over the top post about this team being one of the worst in the last 40 years that stretches the boundaries of insanity. We won 7 games, and a bowl game. The bowl game win alone puts it in the top 25 of all our seasons since we have had many years without a bowl game or a win.
holy god mrs beamer....you really are new around here aren't you?
top 25 seasons of all time? SMH. Keep waiting for SEC teams to look like Auburn and UF did this year to help us get conference wins.

Are you two the same poster with different usernames? Brothers maybe? Frat brothers at Clem tech
probably just long term USC fans over Shane Beamer fans. I have no idea who Watson is personally....but its Obvious to me that he's a Gamecock fan first and wants the best for the program...OVER wanting the best for lil Shane.
He's one on here that I have no doubt about being a USC football program supporter. Hey....if he was against Brad Scott hire or tenure...does it make him a meany-tail? I loved and supported Sparky Woods although it was obvious he was going to be in over his head....do I get sainthood? Same with Muschamp....wasn't my pick...but it could've been worse. Supported him from start to finish even though I like most sane individuals knew he had about 4-5 years before he would be shown the door. We have been a fanbase of overwhelming positivity for the 40 years I have been involved. It's time for some people to ask some questions....whether you like it or not.

exactly... that's where these jacklegs are headed. H#LL...if this staff doesn't win 8-9 wins next year then it's not a successful season.
We won't have the benefit of playing two conf. teams with rookie HCs next year, and likely won't have another perennial conf. and national powerhouse with a lameduck coach when we play them.
We'd better keep scheduling E. Illinois as much as possible to get close to these 7 wins again.

Reactions: uscwatson21
holy god mrs beamer....you really are new around here aren't you?
top 25 seasons of all time? SMH. Keep waiting for SEC teams to look like Auburn and UF did this year to help us get conference wins.
How many bowl games have we won a$$wipe?Any season with a bowl win goes to the top 25 seasons because we haven’t won 25 bowl games yet. I have been around much longer than you have.

I think you misunderstood. This was meant to be to the OP
What was your comment or question to my post?

BTW, it’s easier to tell when you are replying to a poster if you actually reply to the post. Then it notifies that person.

Just in case you are not sure, I want USC to win (before I die, win the National championship). That will probably need to be done in CSB watch.

Go Cocks!

probably just long term USC fans over Shane Beamer fans. I have no idea who Watson is personally....but its Obvious to me that he's a Gamecock fan first and wants the best for the program...OVER wanting the best for lil Shane.
He's one on here that I have no doubt about being a USC football program supporter. Hey....if he was against Brad Scott hire or tenure...does it make him a meany-tail? I loved and supported Sparky Woods although it was obvious he was going to be in over his head....do I get sainthood? Same with Muschamp....wasn't my pick...but it could've been worse. Supported him from start to finish even though I like most sane individuals knew he had about 4-5 years before he would be shown the door. We have been a fanbase of overwhelming positivity for the 40 years I have been involved. It's time for some people to ask some questions....whether you like it or not.
We are all gamecock fans first. You two guys are miserable at it. The rest of us tolerate you

Reactions: WingchunCock
If he made those changes and coached them up for the Mayo Bowl, then I don’t want to lose him to another school.

Any naysayers want to change your minds? BTW, I also wasn’t too sure about his capabilities either.
On second thought, it does taste like chicken. Luv ya, mean it😆

Perhaps I'm wrong but the way the season appeared to play out was we started too complicated for the players and after several games it became necessary to dumb down the playbook. I would assume we continued to work on the direction he wanted the offense to take but that process proved slower than expected. Finally after months of work, the system became serviceable. Feasible?

Perhaps I'm wrong but the way the season appeared to play out was we started too complicated for the players and after several games it became necessary to dumb down the playbook. I would assume we continued to work on the direction he wanted the offense to take but that process proved slower than expected. Finally after months of work, the system became serviceable. Feasible?
Nothing like a win over a bunch of prophylactics to scream a cure. 😁

Reactions: bucketdad
I've had this username for 20 years and graduated from Carolina. That would be quite the long troll if I was a Clemson fans.
You should go give them a try. Nobody except your sycophant fellow posters like USCOklahoma, Deboer31 and AlaskaKaren would miss you. You 4 are dead weight.

What was your comment or question to my post?

BTW, it’s easier to tell when you are replying to a poster if you actually reply to the post. Then it notifies that person.

Just in case you are not sure, I want USC to win (before I die, win the National championship). That will probably need to be done in CSB watch.

Go Cocks!
Yeah I probably should have. It’s not personal. You’re a good poster on here.

I’ve always been a don’t get too high with the highs and too low with the lows kind of guy. It was a nice win, but let’s not pretend we did not have offensive issues out the ying Yang this year.

We spent a large portion of this season ranked out of the top 100 in total offense. Backups at skill positions have often looked better than the starters.

It’s nice to win the bowl and get some good momentum heading into next season. I don’t think one game has solved all of our offensive issues. Hopefully a new QB will go a long way though.

No because Beamer finally started calling the shots and allowed help from Kimrey and Stepp.

Got a Link or are you a coach or on the team? Just curious how you know. Or guessed.
I used to be on the Insider Forum. Someone had inside of knowledge of this and talked about the frustration between the 2 assistants and Satterfield. Also in the state paper after the bowl game press conference Beamer mentioned something about Kimrey and Stepp. I think they helped out a lot more for the bowl game IMO

Reactions: vacock#
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT