ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone eating crow concerning OC Marcus Satterfield?

Am I the only one that sees humor in the fact that all we heard throughout the season was that Satterfield had to have a QB and he didn’t have enough time in the Spring and Fall to work with the team and get guys ready. Then all of a sudden it’s about how amazing he is that within a few weeks we had an amazing offense with a WR who hadn’t thrown a pass in 2 years.

Am I the only one that sees humor in the fact that all we heard throughout the season was that Satterfield had to have a QB and he didn’t have enough time in the Spring and Fall to work with the team and get guys ready. Then all of a sudden it’s about how amazing he is that within a few weeks we had an amazing offense with a WR who hadn’t thrown a pass in 2 years.
The logic or lack thereof is all over the place.

Lol. No, you're most definitely NOT the only one.

Coach speak can come back to bite them. You are right.

I used to be on the Insider Forum. Someone had inside of knowledge of this and talked about the frustration between the 2 assistants and Satterfield. Also in the state paper after the bowl game press conference Beamer mentioned something about Kimrey and Stepp. I think they helped out a lot more for the bowl game IMO

This would be the only thing that gives me hope for next year’s O with Satt. Otherwise this was just a throw it all against the wall one of game and leads to next year becoming a wasted year.

I used to be on the Insider Forum. Someone had inside of knowledge of this and talked about the frustration between the 2 assistants and Satterfield. Also in the state paper after the bowl game press conference Beamer mentioned something about Kimrey and Stepp. I think they helped out a lot more for the bowl game IMO

That is interesting, and similar to some rumors (fwiw) that I heard.

Would make for an "interesting" work dynamic on the offensive staff.

Could be they convinced him to simplify a complex pro system to fit the college game?

Why did it take 12 games of failure and 3 different QBs to finally realize you need to simplify? Also, if that’s true, just more reason why Satt isn’t the right guy to be OC or Beamer needs to get involved sooner.

Put this in another thread but goes to the failures of our system and OC

“Our 3 best offensive performance were when we had 2+ weeks to prep - EIU, Florida, and UNC. Every other game was a struggled to get 14+ points and never scored over 30 in a single game. That’s not coincidence.”

Why did it take 12 games of failure and 3 different QBs to finally realize you need to simplify? Also, if that’s true, just more reason why Satt isn’t the right guy to be OC or Beamer needs to get involved sooner.

Put this in another thread but goes to the failures of our system and OC

“Our 3 best offensive performance were when we had 2+ weeks to prep - EIU, Florida, and UNC. Every other game was a struggled to get 14+ points and never scored over 30 in a single game. That’s not coincidence.”
I don't have the answers and no inside knowledge. I was simply trying to find the most simple explanation as to why allegedly Stepp and Kimrey got involved. That and the statement that we were going to install a complex Green Bay (I believe) style offense concerned me.

What in the hell? You are literally a jr high kid aren't you? I swear. I have never seen a bigger b**ch in my life.
I've never seen a bunch of bigger whining dbags like you and your bunch of pussy followers. Gonna keep you in check boy, dont get outta line, I'm watching you!

The bowl game was the result of a year of preparation. -not a few weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: Lakecock1
I've never seen a bunch of bigger whining dbags like you and your bunch of pussy followers. Gonna keep you in check boy, dont get outta line, I'm watching you!
roz-monsters.gif

Do you think it was the first time Beamer saw him throw or hand it off?
Given that Beamer stated he was “surprised” at Browns performance in the Florida game, it wouldn’t surprise me. Whether it was Satterfield, or Satterfield and Beamer or whoever, it’s plain they didn’t spend a lot of time evaluating or working anyone besides Doty.

Do you think it was the first time Beamer saw him throw or hand it off?
I wouldn’t rule it out but regardless that package wasn’t something they had been using during games throughout the season that just suddenly clicked for everyone involved. Regardless even if you think it was a result of a whole season worth of work for Joyner it’s still pretty bad that the same amount of time working with the various QBs on the team resulted in an offensive ranking of 115.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I wouldn’t rule it out but regardless that package wasn’t something they had been using during games throughout the season that just suddenly clicked for everyone involved. Regardless even if you think it was a result of a whole season worth of work for Joyner it’s still pretty bad that the same amount of time working with the various QBs on the team resulted in an offensive ranking of 115.
Maybe that's the level of QB we had..

Can't explain that. I was just curious so I looked it up there.
I don’t know. They are usually pretty spot on and it’s typically my go to place for stats. When you posted that it was enough for me to go look where the 10th pass came from and then look at ESPN, CBS and the USC app to see if anyone else showed it. Now I want to go back and rewatch the Vandy game to see.

Reactions: rogue cock
Jury is out on Satt, IMHO.

He has a Heisman candidate ready to enroll. He now knows the skillsets of his returning players.

Pressure is now on him to produce. No excuse for leaving guys out of the game plan. If we don’t increase exponentially next season, IMHO he’s gone.

Jury is out on Satt, IMHO.

He has a Heisman candidate ready to enroll. He now knows the skillsets of his returning players.

Pressure is now on him to produce. No excuse for leaving guys out of the game plan. If we don’t increase exponentially next season, IMHO he’s gone.
What's your threshold? What does acceptable production look like to you?

They have him throwing an incomplete pass against Vanderbilt which no one else lists.
I was thinking if you're going to run him at wildcat at all you would have to throw the ball just a little to keep teams honest! Gamecocksonline stats say he was 9/9 for the season and those are his stats for the bowl game as well!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT