ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else not making the move to On3 ?

I went over there. Everyone was posting the same sentence. Something about premium content. Idk. Seemed kind of weird to me.
Once you get a user name, sign out once and sign back in and all of that goes away. Even if you don’t pay the dollar fee. And you can post, too. But yes, until you do that, the “premium content” message appears all over the place. It’s not really premium on the new FGF board.

• Wow
Reactions: TAV31
Once you get a user name, sign out once and sign back in and all of that goes away. Even if you don’t pay the dollar fee. And you can post, too. But yes, until you do that, the “premium content” message appears all over the place. It’s not really premium on the new FGF board.
Yeah, "premium content" is not the best way to indicate you just need to sign in for free to view it. Now I understand why some were put off after finding the new forum at on3.com.

If it instead said, "register to view" or something similar, people might just do that!

While I pull for USC sports I really only follow USC baseball and football. I took a look at On3 and it looks more like a yahoo or espn sports page.

it’s been fun following a few of you guys. FGF has gotten a little to liberal for me , which is OK - your perception is your reality . but it’s time for me to cut loose sites like this and focus on riding out this inflation wave that is starting to hit home.

Stay safe. Go Gamecocks.
Before u go, have u thought about a Section 8? 😊

Reactions: section907
What was the site that had a section devoted to pictures of babes? It had shut down a couple of times. Not sure if it's still around.

Yeah I don't get it other than people landing at https://on3.com and seeing what looks like a new commercial sporting news site for fans meant to compete with Yahoo/rivals and cbssports/247sports, which it is. If you go to the board page, it's no different than here. So the disapproval of the new host is much ado about nothing IMHO!
(The NEW) Fighting Gamecocks Forum
All three companies / websites have the same founder. He has made a buttload of money doing this. Talk about rinse and repeat. Hey, if you have a good idea, keep working it.

BTW, too liberal??? This site seems so conservative to me. But maybe it's because we're all breaking out of our normal shell of "news" and circle of friends.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
it’s been fun following a few of you guys. FGF has gotten a little to liberal for me , which is OK - your perception is your reality . but it’s time for me to cut loose sites like this and focus on riding out this inflation wave that is starting to hit home.

Stay safe. Go Gamecocks.
Diversity is good. That's the real world. Monolithic entities are a rarity. People may not look alike nor think alike. But, in the end, we all die. And at that time, we are all equal.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I don't really see the downside to signing up for On3... you can get insider access the first year for $1 - that's basically a $100 value and it will give you insider coverage pretty much up until national signing day 2023. That sounds like a no-brainer to me.

If you've never paid for insider access, you might find that you like it. If not, just cancel it and use the free board just like you do now.

I don't really see the downside to signing up for On3... you can get insider access the first year for $1 - that's basically a $100 value and it will give you insider coverage pretty much up until national signing day 2023. That sounds like a no-brainer to me.

If you've never paid for insider access, you might find that you like it. If not, just cancel it and use the free board just like you do now.

Or even better you can get $1 access and then give $100 to the Garnet Trust.

With respect to this move, I have learned that post counts will be migrated over but it will take some time. I don't know if that will work for people who register differently than they are known here.

Reactions: B.Springs Cock
Or even better you can get $1 access and then give $100 to the Garnet Trust.
DizzyGrossIndigobunting-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: bashby33
With respect to this move, I have learned that post counts will be migrated over but it will take some time. I don't know if that will work for people who register differently than they are known here.
Regarding that, I would strongly encourage regulars from here who have registered with or will register with on3.com to use the same contact email address they are using here at rivals.com. The best way to connect a user account at one site with another is not by username, but by their primary email address.

Reactions: king ward
Regarding that, I would strongly encourage regulars from here who have registered with or will register with on3.com to use the same contact email address they are using here at rivals.com. The best way to connect a user account at one site with another is not by username, but by their primary email address.
Sounds like sage advice.

Yep — I’ve been around since the first Gamecock message board on PRODIGY back in 1987. It has been nice discussing Gamecock sports and various other things on FGF, but I’m done as well. I would be more interested in hanging on if we had a decent athletic program, so this fair-weather fan will be saying sayonara when the changeover happens.
Prodigy - Wow!

That's going to be really difficult for the "He of a Thousand Usernames" troll. I think he's trying to start all over again on the new board. 😉

I won't pay for a message board. If they think it is worth money they can sell ads. Joined one a long time ago thinking it would give some insight on recruiting. Then I realized that whatever was "news" on the pay sites were out on the free sites within five minutes of their posting

I won't pay for a message board. If they think it is worth money they can sell ads. Joined one a long time ago thinking it would give some insight on recruiting. Then I realized that whatever was "news" on the pay sites were out on the free sites within five minutes of their posting
The one site I patronize financially receives donations.

It will be interesting to see what happens to this message board. My GUESS is it will be here, new name, basically not moderated. Pretty clear the "insider" side of Rivals Gamecocks is over for now. If Rivals is still going to be a force in internet sports they will have a new owner here at some point. Hopefully soon. The more Gamecock sports content the better IMO.
Clearly if you want the same message board experience you had in the past you need to move over to the new site. Seems easy to do and they are eager to help anyone who needs it.

It will be interesting to see what happens to this message board. My GUESS is it will be here, new name, basically not moderated. Pretty clear the "insider" side of Rivals Gamecocks is over for now. If Rivals is still going to be a force in internet sports they will have a new owner here at some point. Hopefully soon. The more Gamecock sports content the better IMO.
Clearly if you want the same message board experience you had in the past you need to move over to the new site. Seems easy to do and they are eager to help anyone who needs it.
I want a better experience. I'll do my part.

I'm thinking of giving it up until football season. Since I've started posting here I've become addicted and turned into what I used to chastise my young relatives about. I'm spending too much time on my phone instead of doing more important things.

I'm thinking of giving it up until football season. Since I've started posting here I've become addicted and turned into what I used to chastise my young relatives about. I'm spending too much time on my phone instead of doing more important things.
Your self-awareness is refreshing.

Thats true if you only care about the headline stuff. You're right that you will see that for free. But if you actually want the details then it's worth the membership.

If I come to this page and its no longer, I guess i will wonder over there...if I have to reup everything, I might lose interest while typing everything

I remember joining the board (whatever the name was back then) in 1995 timeframe ... has it been that long? I remember conversing with Plano, WCE, Taylors Cock (who I met at church one Wednesday evening when I moved to the upstate) ... I don't suspect I will move to another board ... I believe the cost was only $1? Not bad at all, but I enjoy(ed) coming here and reading, listening, learning, and occassionally sharing ... the only downfall, to me, is how we sit behind keyboards, pound our chests, and attack one another ... the divisiveness and vitriol (and not just on this board) is attacks the spirit ...
Boards continue to need more input from people like you... being a light in a sometimes dark and lost world. Bringing respectful insights and calming comments to divisive type posts.

I remember joining the board (whatever the name was back then) in 1995 timeframe ... has it been that long? I remember conversing with Plano, WCE, Taylors Cock (who I met at church one Wednesday evening when I moved to the upstate) ... I don't suspect I will move to another board ... I believe the cost was only $1? Not bad at all, but I enjoy(ed) coming here and reading, listening, learning, and occassionally sharing ... the only downfall, to me, is how we sit behind keyboards, pound our chests, and attack one another ... the divisiveness and vitriol (and not just on this board) is attacks the spirit ...
It ain't what it started out to be. I don't attack anybody; I'm an absorber.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT