ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know what time the punter from JL Mann is announcing today?

section907

Sep 16, 2000
gotta like that this kid is having an announcement. Good for him for enjoying the process.

“ P George Georgopoulos of JL Mann, who is on an official visit to UMass, plans to announce a commitment Tuesday. He also has a walkon offer at USC.”

Went to UMass. Apparently on a full ride, thought wasn’t revealed if he is on athletic scholarship or is getting academic money

Went to UMass. Apparently on a full ride, thought wasn’t revealed if he is on athletic scholarship or is getting academic money

Good school...depending on major! Know several that went there...2 in our NY office. IF they offered him a "full ride," he made a good choice since. USC only offered a preferred walk-on. I went to MIT as an out-of-state student with scholly's for both OOS and academic and still had to pony up 64K in 1985...but the Mech Eng piece of paper was worth it!

SEMPER FI...Go Cocks!!!...

Good school...depending on major! Know several that went there...2 in our NY office. IF they offered him a "full ride," he made a good choice since. USC only offered a preferred walk-on. I went to MIT as an out-of-state student with scholly's for both OOS and academic and still had to pony up 64K in 1985...but the Mech Eng piece of paper was worth it!

SEMPER FI...Go Cocks!!!...
What is OOS? Curious minds want to know.....

I know nothing about this kid, but someday, coaches and recruiting analysts in college football are going to do the statistical analysis and value great place kickers and punters the way they deserve. A Florida Gator friend of mine said the Gators signed the best kicker in the country and their recruiting rankings actually went DOWN because he was only valued as a 3-star.

Nobody likes settling for field goals, but a kicker who is MONEY or a legitimate threat to hit 50+ yard field goals is a devastating weapon and will win his team a couple of games in a season. Nobody likes punting the ball, but we've all seen plenty of games where a well-timed 60 yard boom or 17 yard shank totally changed the complexion of a game.

I know nothing about this kid, but someday, coaches and recruiting analysts in college football are going to do the statistical analysis and value great place kickers and punters the way they deserve. A Florida Gator friend of mine said the Gators signed the best kicker in the country and their recruiting rankings actually went DOWN because he was only valued as a 3-star.

Nobody likes settling for field goals, but a kicker who is MONEY or a legitimate threat to hit 50+ yard field goals is a devastating weapon and will win his team a couple of games in a season. Nobody likes punting the ball, but we've all seen plenty of games where a well-timed 60 yard boom or 17 yard shank totally changed the complexion of a game.
Agreed. The numbers don't lie.

Reactions: gpcocks

Remember this guy?

leavico01-1996.jpg

Remember this guy?

leavico01-1996.jpg

How many times did the Colquitts pin us deep? I hate that family.

Last edited:
When I was at Carolina I knew a "George from Georgia" and he would always introduce himself to everyone as that. He could put away the sauce with the best of them.

/coolstorybro

Had a buddy that went to COC that was known (to his chagrin) as "Walter from Walterboro."

Reactions: coolcock2001
I remember the 1996 season all too well. I lived on South Bull and the team practiced about 100 feet away. There was a banner that read - "Conditioning will be the Difference in the 4th Quarter." Seemed odd considering Scott looked like soft serve ice cream.

Mixed feelings here, awful flashbacks......funny commercial,
Car Buster Bowl champs
Bless Taneyhill !!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT