ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone like me thinking Ray gives Bobo a 3 year contract?

Toneski M

Jun 19, 2005
Likely a salary of $1.4 million.

y’all think Ray told Muschamp that if Bobo got a multi-year contract then any buyout of Bobo would have to come out of Muschamp’s buyout?.........nah.

So if Muschamp gets fired next year we can probably add another $2.4 mil to buyout Bobo. That would be about $15M to buyout Champ and another $2.4M for Bobo = $17.4M. Not much different than the buyout numbers we have now.

This is all just a guess on my part but doesn’t this sound like something Ray would do?

Reactions: ShadowWeasel
Bobo isn't coming here without a guaranteed multi year contract, you can bet your ass on that. I would say he's going to be in the 1.2-1.5 $Million dollar range with at least two years guaranteed, unless just cause for termination (moral clause).

This is so stupid. We don't need new fancy plays or offensive schemes. We need basic training and attention to detail and discipline and improved focus and over all player development so that our players on the offensive side can stop sucking and play up the level they were recruited at for a change. The vanilla play calling is merely a symptom of needing to the dumb it down for players that have a hard time executing even simple things because they aren't getting proper instruction.

Muschamp is saying he needs Bobo. Bobo is telling Muschamp he has other options and he needs 1.5 and 3 years minimum. Ray....OK...U got it.

What will happen....we will have another disaster season and pay another 3 mill to Muschamp and his buddies for nothing.

Muschamp is saying he needs Bobo. Bobo is telling Muschamp he has other options and he needs 1.5 and 3 years minimum. Ray....OK...U got it.

What will happen....we will have another disaster season and pay another 3 mill to Muschamp and his buddies for nothing.
It happened with Muschamp, TRob, BMac, AND Wolford. Ray is a sucker.

This is so stupid. We don't need new fancy plays or offensive schemes. We need basic training and attention to detail and discipline and improved focus and over all player development so that our players on the offensive side can stop sucking and play up the level they were recruited at for a change. The vanilla play calling is merely a symptom of needing to the dumb it down for players that have a hard time executing even simple things because they aren't getting proper instruction.
na man... hate to disagree ... but dude Dosent know what to call against certain defenses.... seen it over and over... need to do some of what u said I agree there... but he had problems breaking down certain coverage....imo

Reactions: Expro19
i would literally do it for boiled peanuts......save a couple of bucks possibly, cuz i eat a van load of boiled peanuts

we need a change, cuz what we got aint workn

Completely agree! If your players can't execute the basics (i.e. read the defense correctly, execute the proper blocking scheme for the play, hit the correct gap, receivers run the routes correctly, etc.), consistently, then all the exotic play calls and exotic formations in the world won't help a thing. If your players can't execute the simple stuff correctly, every time, they sure as hell aren't going to be able to execute the complicated stuff, no matter how brilliant it might be if done correctly! It's the little things that are the most important...and the hardest to do. Two words: player development...plain and simple.

These dudes are gangsters

Bobo isn't coming here without a guaranteed multi year contract, you can bet your ass on that. I would say he's going to be in the 1.2-1.5 $Million dollar range with at least two years guaranteed, unless just cause for termination (moral clause).
Yep, that's what I was thinking. Once you factor in that money, waiting a year to remove Muschamp will be a wash financially. We'll now have to payoff the new and old OC.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
If Bobo gets a 3 year deal they all should be fired.
What do you people think an established coach like mike bobo is gonna do...come into a position with”0” security and years on a contract.?? I know ray gave muschamp a ridiculous buyout,but as far as years go,nobody in coaching,especially sec coordinators ,take 1 or 2 year deals...would you uproot your family and move across the country and take a 1 year job dependant upon success of other people succeeding?? Of course not...or else you,re not very smart!

y’all think Ray told Muschamp that if Bobo got a multi-year contract then any buyout of Bobo would have to come out of Muschamp’s buyout?.........nah.

So if Muschamp gets fired next year we can probably add another $2.4 mil to buyout Bobo. That would be about $15M to buyout Champ and another $2.4M for Bobo = $17.4M. Not much different than the buyout numbers we have now.

This is all just a guess on my part but doesn’t this sound like something Ray would do?
Technically, Bobo doesn't have to be fired just because Muschamp is.

Georgia sure wants him bad....I guess their fans don't know football like some of you geniuses...
This genius still doesn’t want Bobo. Unless he has changed dramatically from his time at Georgia that offense is not going to work here. We don’t have the horses , GA has 5 stars all over the roster. Combine that with the fact that HS kids don’t want to play in that type of offense. Even Spurrier an offensive guru had to take a difference approach here to win and Bobo is know Spurrier.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
This genius still doesn’t want Bobo. Unless he has changed dramatically from his time at Georgia that offense is not going to work here. We don’t have the horses , GA has 5 stars all over the roster. Combine that with the fact that HS kids don’t want to play in that type of offense. Even Spurrier an offensive guru had to take a difference approach here to win and Bobo is know Spurrier.
It seemed to work at CSU.....

I would be o'k with a 3 year guarantee for Bobo, as long as the Muschamp buy-out got knocked down by 3 years, taking the buy-out to $7.95M after next year...

Georgia sure wants him bad....I guess their fans don't know football like some of you geniuses...
Well in all fairness they were the most overrated top 10 team in the nation this year. Their offense was horrific! Let’s revisit this next season at this time.

His offense worked man.... We are asking him to fix our offense not be the head coach...
What was their record? Good offense = wins = still employed. That being said hope your right. Getting really tired of the Muschamp - whoever experiment.

So if Muschamp is fired, then Mike Boo Boo is our next head coach????

None of that will matter if we don’t add some SPEED on the outside... and from what I can tell we are adding a couple big bodied possession receivers in this class but nobody pushing 4.4 speed... We will continue to have defenses stuff the box against us, bring pressure and shut our offense down if we do not add playmakers with speed on the outside. Until we can stretch a team deep they have no reason not to load the box and crush us up front and we have no answer for it currently.

So, I see tomorrow they are discussing Muschamps contract, “amendments to contract.” Also Thomas Brown

very reliable source saying Muschamp contract will be restructured to a smaller buyout but extended by a year. Bobo is on a multi-year contract.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT