ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone see Kornblut questioning WIS

tanyacock

Nov 6, 2001
On congratulating A'ja for her time here? He's a pretty big douche imho. What does it matter if a station wants to congratulate someone for doing well and being a great ambassador for SC? It happens all the time here in the upstate for the other school.

Honestly? With all the biased media love of politicians on both sides, he is questioning coverage of an athlete that made historic contributions to a local school? Smh
The issue is that he continually claims to call out others (specifically those who prefer the color orange) with regularity, in many of his responsive tweets to his listeners who overwhelmingly disagreed with his opinion. Which we all know is a bunch of poo-hocky!

Reactions: tanyacock
Kornblut is technically right here. However commercially I don’t think it is a winning argument.

Sadly people prefer fanboy “journalists” today who reinforce their own opinion and biases. Obviously this is not just with sports. Look how commercially succsssul propaganda news outlets can be.

I haven’t listened to his show in years, but if he really is a straight down the line objective sports journalist, then more power to him because there are not many left.

The issue is that he continually claims to call out others (specifically those who prefer the color orange) with regularity, in many of his responsive tweets to his listeners who overwhelmingly disagreed with his opinion. Which we all know is a bunch of poo-hocky!

Based on his opinion, there should be no positive coverage of any athlete or athletic team that accomplishes something of significance. Think that one through and you realize how ridiculous what he is saying is.

Reactions: rooster59
Kornblut is technically right here. However commercially I don’t think it is a winning argument.

Sadly people prefer fanboy “journalists” today who reinforce their own opinion and biases. Obviously this is not just with sports. Look how commercially succsssul propaganda news outlets can be.

I haven’t listened to his show in years, but if he really is a straight down the line objective sports journalist, then more power to him because there are not many left.

That's just the issue. He isn't. There was nothing wrong with what was tweeted by WIS. The same thing was tweeted my organizations that are required to be even more impartial than WIS, those being the SEC and NCAAWBB. But he didn't have the balls to call them out. He picked a fight, and he lost.

You are technically correct because there are not too many true journalist out there anymore but let's face it this is athletics not politics. Refusing to acknowledge someone's accomplishments because it may appear as cheerleading is just as much irresponsible journalism as anything.

That's just the issue. He isn't. There was nothing wrong with what was tweeted by WIS. The same thing was tweeted my organizations that are required to be even more impartial than WIS, those being the SEC and NCAAWBB. But he didn't have the balls to call them out. He picked a fight, and he lost.

WIS has never been accused of impartiality but in this case, they are correct. I'm no judi G fan (far from it, she buddied up with crooked mayor Steve) but she is right on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: USCBatgirl21

The SEC and the NCAA should promote their member institutions and athletes. Journalists should just be fair.

And in the spirit of me being fair, I’ll agree that any reporting on A’ja is inherently going to sound positive because she is just that fantastic.

Ok, I don't tweet, but how do we know this was Phil Kornbult???

Looks like an account that anyone can tweet out...

I always wonder if Hillary can actually tweet and maybe she just hires people to run her twitter account. Just using Hillary as an example....

Ok, I don't tweet, but how do we know this was Phil Kornbult???

Looks like an account that anyone can tweet out...

I always wonder if Hillary can actually tweet and maybe she just hires people to run her twitter account. Just using Hillary as an example....
Someone asked in one of the tweet threads if it was Phil and he admitted it.

Does Kornblut even go to women's basketball games? Tired of how some media claim this "holier than thou" attitude when they're all scrambling for attention and clicks by sensationalizing any story to keep it alive, call for coaches heads etc.

Kornblut should have just kept his mouth shut and moved on.

If anyone is completely objective, which is doubtful, that person would have no opinions.

Local news publicly supporting a local, very talented athlete. God forbid. Does Phil have an issue with Greenville News' or WYFFs love affair with Clemson coaches and athletes?

Reactions: tanyacock
Korn will regret his angry tweet re: A'ja Wilson. I don't care about his silly rationale. What he did was just . . . . stupid and hateful. The loud bangs he's hearing are doors being slammed . . . on his career!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
You are technically correct because there are not too many true journalist out there anymore but let's face it this is athletics not politics. Refusing to acknowledge someone's accomplishments because it may appear as cheerleading is just as much irresponsible journalism as anything.
You are right about that. It's almost worth a laugh that a sports-journalist takes a hard-line approach to preserve his "journalistic integrity." His entire career is based on covering _games_. There's nothing wrong with that, but to act like a bias in sports journalism actually effects anything of significance in this world is ridiculous. A sports bias won't effect an election, it won't prompt a special-counsel investigation, it won't effect foreign policy, change interest rates, destroy or build a company, or start a war. A local sports journalist who pulls for a particular team won't effect the results of their games any more than a Weather Channel meteorologist's love of snow will make a blizzard more likely.

He's taken "impartiality" to the nth degree. Should journalists be unbiased? Yes, but we're talking about college sports and the local team. He graduated from USC so I think he tries too hard to appear unbiased.

He's taken "impartiality" to the nth degree. Should journalists be unbiased? Yes, but we're talking about college sports and the local team. He graduated from USC so I think he tries too hard to appear unbiased.
He is not unbiased... You should have heard him howling because Deshaun Watson didn't win the Heisman.. That was far more emotional than any appreciation Judi Gatson ever expressed for Gamecock WBB

The world turns as Kornblut tries to keep Sports Talk relevant. Twenty five years ago I use to buy his recruiting newsletter and even with the horrible spelling, repeats and obviously misleading information, you could tell some effort was put into it. Since the internet....I honestly can see no reason for most of what Korn does. However, I listen for about 45 minutes riding home to screaming Will, holier than thou Kornblut and sadly stuck in the middle Prof who over analyzes EVERYTHING.

With all that being said, Kornblut definitely has stepped in it this time.

Teddy Heffner told a story on the radio this week that when he worked at the State, some of the employees would use their parking spots on Saturday to tailgate for the Carolina games! The horror! Can you imagine the gross unprofessionalism?

Teddy Heffner told a story on the radio this week that when he worked at the State, some of the employees would use their parking spots on Saturday to tailgate for the Carolina games! The horror! Can you imagine the gross unprofessionalism?

Teddy has . . . issues. Actually, he's had issues for years.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Everyone stop following sportstalk on Twitter. Tell every Gamecock fan to do so. Then call his sponsors and tell them you are done supporting them as long as they support that show

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT