ADVERTISEMENT

Are we ready for LSU

So I have to give Beamer credit for the 17 point head start (which I do) but then I have to make excuses for the rest of the game?
Well we won the first 3 quarters, aren't you getting greedy? LOL

I earlier, today, said the game turned out closer than I expected (that is giving credit to Beamer). But to ignore the mistakes made, some which were boneheaded, is to simply hide ones head in the sand. As I said before, Jim Carlen used to reiterate not to "beat ourselves". Well, we beat ourselves. Even the front page of the Scoop said "South Carolina has nobody to blame but itself after LSU collapse". Give the Scoop staff credit for being honest rather than sugarcoating it.

PS, we need to be careful. You and I might be accused of being the same person. LMAO

Reactions: Lurker123

I earlier, today, said the game turned out closer than I expected (that is giving credit to Beamer). But to ignore the mistakes made, some which were boneheaded, is to simply hide ones head in the sand. As I said before, Jim Carlen used to reiterate not to "beat ourselves". Well, we beat ourselves. Even the front page of the Scoop said "South Carolina has nobody to blame but itself after LSU collapse". Give the Scoop staff credit for being honest rather than sugarcoating it.

PS, we need to be careful. You and I might be accused of being the same person. LMAO
When the refs take points off the board on phantom calls....how exactly is that beating yourself? That last INT would have made it an 11 point game with 6 mins to go. Not calling an OPI (THAT NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO POINT OUT) that erased a catch in the opponents end of the field is not beating yourself. It is ok to complain about the refs when it is true! This stuff is not subjective!

Reactions: cocks rule
When the refs take points off the board on phantom calls....how exactly is that beating yourself? That last INT would have made it an 11 point game with 6 mins to go. Not calling an OPI (THAT NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO POINT OUT) that erased a catch in the opponents end of the field is not beating yourself. It is ok to complain about the refs when it is true! This stuff is not subjective!
Facts!

Who is ignoring mistakes? Nobody said we played a perfect game.

But the bottom line is that on paper, this game shouldn't have even been close. Especially considering the starting QB being out for the second half. The staff did a good job even keeping us in the game and giving us a chance at winning and clearly outcoaching the opposing staff.

Not sure how anybody that isn't a total Beamer deranged howling monkey can dispute that.

These idiots are nothing but Beamer haters that look on ANY reason to shit on the team and staff. Don't buy their half-hearted fandom. They've hated Beamer from the start and want this team to fail because they are narcissistic assholes that would rather see this team collapse than be wrong.

Reactions: Robhawk29

But the bottom line is that on paper, this game shouldn't have even been close. Especially considering the starting QB being out for the second half. The staff did a good job even keeping us in the game and giving us a chance at winning and clearly outcoaching the opposing staff.

Not sure how anybody that isn't a total Beamer deranged howling monkey can dispute that.
And the bottom line is I said the game was closer than I expected. But THAT is ignored. The fact is that we are much closer talent-wise to LSU than to Vanderbilt. That is not subjective. It's objective, proven by the numbers.

So at what point are you going to expect Beamer to win games?

What’s your expectation for the next 9 games?

These idiots are nothing but Beamer haters that look on ANY reason to shit on the team and staff. Don't buy their half-hearted fandom. They've hated Beamer from the start and want this team to fail because they are narcissistic assholes that would rather see this team collapse than be wrong.

Well, the queen of moral victories has spoken.

If only we could add moral victories to real live actual victories.

Reactions: uscwatson21
And the bottom line is I said the game was closer than I expected. But THAT is ignored. The fact is that we are much closer talent-wise to LSU than to Vanderbilt. That is not subjective. It's objective, proven by the numbers.

Wrong, we are not. FACT. Proven by the team composite numbers.

LSU total score: 906.19
USC total score: 798.18
Vandy total score: 695.63

The difference between us and Vandy is less than the difference than us and LSU. Period. The fact that we were ever in that game to begin with is a credit to this staff.

Says the queens of moral LOSSES that were crying like a bunch of damn nancy kerrigans when we beat ODU in an ugly win where everyone was estatic to bash the coaches.

I mean, you tater assholes got the L you wanted. Can't you just take it and be happy?

Wrong, we are not. FACT. Proven by the team composite numbers.

LSU total score: 906.19
USC total score: 798.18
Vandy total score: 695.63

The difference between us and Vandy is less than the difference than us and LSU. Period. The fact that we were ever in that game to begin with is a credit to this staff.
Check out the Rivals recruiting rankings in the past 3 seasons and the Transfer Portal rankings from On3. Those are my sources. So NO, I am not wrong. And I said multiple times on this site that the LSU game was closer than I expected. Check that out to.

Says the queens of moral LOSSES that were crying like a bunch of damn nancy kerrigans when we beat ODU in an ugly win where everyone was estatic to bash the coaches.

I mean, you tater assholes got the L you wanted. Can't you just take it and be happy?

Interesting that our team playing like crap against ODU is supposed to be a good thing to you.

But go cry me a river. Just because you look like an idiot AGAIN, and have no reasonable answer to your critics, you start crying "tater" again.

Pathetic. Typical, but still pathetic.

They weren't phantom calls though. We would be irate if someone took a cheap shot on Sellers like Kennard did.
What cheap shot? That QB was running towards Emmanwori. He was a defender as soon as it was intercepted. Kennard was just standing there and hit him in the chest. There was no roughness. There was no blind block. The QB should have stayed put and not run towards the ball.

Interesting that our team playing like crap against ODU is supposed to be a good thing to you.

But go cry me a river. Just because you look like an idiot AGAIN, and have no reasonable answer to your critics, you start crying "tater" again.

Pathetic. Typical, but still pathetic.
Calling someone a "tater" is the refuge of someone who does not have a leg to stand on.

What cheap shot? That QB was running towards Emmanwori. He was a defender as soon as it was intercepted. Kennard was just standing there and hit him in the chest. There was no roughness. There was no blind block. The QB should have stayed put and not run towards the ball.

You would have the complete opposite opinion if the roles were reversed.

There is a reason multiple flags were instantly thrown.

You would have the complete opposite opinion if the roles were reversed.

There is a reason multiple flags were instantly thrown.
They all had it wrong. The ball was intercepted. Nussmeier was heading towards Emmanwori. That made him a defender, and you can hit a defender in the chest. That is legal. All 3 refs were wrong. But all 3 ignored LSU holding like crazy.

You can feel however you want, but almost all those referees were all cheating the Gamecocks. The videos show way too many missed calls. They were missed on purpose, or those guys do not deserve to be referees in the SEC. They need to go back to HS and pee wee football.
That defender clubbed Sellers in the head when he threw that Int. No one called that either. The videos clearly show all the holding that was not called.

It looked like LSU made adjustments, and we didnt.

Maybe give Beamer credit for a good initial plan, but admit he failed to adjust as the game went on. Jmo

Not sure I'd claim this loss, with its sloppy play and tons of penalties as an example of great coaching though.
Several Issues, If Sellers doesnt go down, Cocks Win, If Officials were fair, Cocks win, so I am thinking LSU had better talent Top to Bottom and Cocks almost win..

Facts!! You ALWAYS look to take a LEGAL big hit blocking on a turnover return. Its called football and if the qb is trying to stop the return you block him. Period.

Facts!! You ALWAYS look to take a LEGAL big hit blocking on a turnover return. Its called football and if the qb is trying to stop the return you block him. Period.

Agree. Their QB made a touchdown saving tackle on the first turnover we had. We should be allow to push him in the chest as hard as we want.

Reactions: cockofdawn
You were talking about talent. You said "we are closer in talent to Vandy than we are LSU". Those are your words.

The Portal has been around for 3 years. Looking at the Portal and high school recruiting in the past 3 years:

LSU 4th and 15th
SC 3rd and 26th
Vandy 54th and 33rd

LSU 9th and 5th
SC 48th and 17th
Vandy 46th and 46th

LSU 48th and 11th
SC 11th and 31st
Vandy 35th and 39th

Based on most recent recruiting, we are closer to LSU talent-wise than to Vandy.

Nope. Those are rankings, not the actual count of players and their talent level. If the difference between rankings was uniform, that would be true. But it's not.

BS. As usual, you take the other team's side on things.

Yep. Always. Just like a few other howling monkeys here. If there is a negative spin they can put on anything regarding our team, that's what they do. And obsess over it.

They aren't fooling anybody. Just looking like the fools they are.

Last edited:
If anyone in the BooBird Community had learned before the season started that:

+ We would be 2-1 at this point
+ We thrashed UK in their building
+ Narrowly lost to LSU - a playoff contender that we never beat
+ We been averaging over 30pts a game against SEC competition.

...they would have been pleasantly surprised at say the least.

Instead, they now choose to play armchair QB and cherry pick how would could have been better last game -- as if they deserve nothing less than perfection.

These are true "Gamecock Fans."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT